Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Tampa Bay Bucs fans more apathetic than Jacksonville Jags fans « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#30 : August 26, 2011, 04:45:27 PM

The fact that the average sports fan in Tampa is soft remains the same.

Exactly.

Economic woes are one thing. But complaining about the heat, traffic and crowds?

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#31 : August 26, 2011, 05:33:19 PM

the bucs wont go to LA. They would move to London before they moved to LA.

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#32 : August 26, 2011, 07:08:06 PM

they raised the tickets 33 percent 3 years ago and thats what broke the camels back.......if they did it 5 bucks a year it would have been ok ......but 25 bucks more a ticket was bad business.

Agree

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

nubcake

Hall of Famer

#33 : August 26, 2011, 07:11:15 PM

Neither team has any chance of moving to LA. The writer is correct about the media making stupid assumptions though; the Jags might very well be the most overlooked franchise in pro sports. No one in the media has the slightest clue about what's going on up there and how the team is actually fairly solid now.

And he is right to SOME extent about the Tampa Bay area. While he certainly did his fair share of exaggerating in order to make his point, he is correct that Tampa is a crappy sports market. Oddly enough, the Lightning are really the only good fanbase in the area. Bucs and especially Rays fans need to get their act together.

JavaRay

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

#34 : August 26, 2011, 08:42:16 PM

they raised the tickets 33 percent 3 years ago and thats what broke the camels back.......if they did it 5 bucks a year it would have been ok ......but 25 bucks more a ticket was bad business.

Agree

While it was a stupid move, I don't agree it was was what broke the camel's back.   I personally cancelled my season tickets when they raised the prices that much in one year.   It wasn't that I couldn't afford them, but I didn't feel it was ethical for them to raise the prices that much.    However, I seem to have been in the minority because in 2008 the season ticket sales were still quite solid.   It wasn't until Raheem was hired in 2009 that ticket sales took a real big hit.    Then after that pathetic 2009 season, tons of more people bailed.    Far more people bailed since Raheem became coach than people who bailed at the end of 2007 when the prices were jacked up.   Raheem was the straw that broke the camel's back.

Morgan

Hall of Famer
#35 : August 26, 2011, 08:44:47 PM

Even if the Bucs sold out all of their $17 (kids) and $35 season tickets - I bet there is STILL 10,000s of more expensive tickets (club seats not included in sell out numbers) at $50-110/each. Since most families probably don't go to games as singles by themselves, a game might cost $100-200/each minimum.  That's a month's utility bill for most families here. Too expensive to see a 3 hr football game.  The area can't sell out not because of apathy or Raheem - but because  people are being smart w/ their money.
: August 26, 2011, 08:46:48 PM morgan

JavaRay

Hall of Famer

#36 : August 26, 2011, 08:49:12 PM

Again, I don't agree.    If Bill Cowher were the coach of this team, it would have all the games sold out.

Morgan

Hall of Famer
#37 : August 26, 2011, 09:18:25 PM

Doubt that people go to a stadium to watch a coach standing on the sidelines.  Don't you realize how stupid that point is?

Fans (who can afford it) go to see the players play- especially when the players have a very good likelihood to win their games like the Bucs do now.

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#38 : August 26, 2011, 09:33:10 PM

Doubt that people go to a stadium to watch a coach standing on the sidelines.  Don't you realize how stupid that point is?

Fans (who can afford it) go to see the players play- especially when the players have a very good likelihood to win their games like the Bucs do now.

Agree with Mr Morgan. Ticket prices are too damn high.  It's funny,  whenever they have an event at RayJay that is not super expensive, they sell out .

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#39 : August 26, 2011, 09:40:48 PM

Agree with Mr Morgan. Ticket prices are too damn high.  It's funny,  whenever they have an event at RayJay that is not super expensive, they sell out .

Of course, then you have fans like Morgan, who can afford Bucs season tix but have decided (for next year in Morgan's case) it's too much of a hassle to attend a game. And instead, will watch on TV. The area is made up of similar "soft" fans. It's too hot! The crowds are annoying! Parking is a hassle! Drunk people are obnoxious!  The list of excuses is endless.

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#40 : August 26, 2011, 09:44:07 PM

Of course, then you have fans like Morgan, who can afford Bucs season tix but have decided (for next year in Morgan's case) it's too much of a hassle to attend a game. And instead, will watch on TV. The area is made up of similar "soft" fans. It's too hot! The crowds are annoying! Parking is a hassle! Drunk people are obnoxious!  The list of excuses is endless.

Point taken, but if tickets were priced right, there would be a much larger pool of prospective ticket buyers.  Not just the well to do.
: August 26, 2011, 09:46:46 PM The-anti-java

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#41 : August 26, 2011, 10:01:23 PM

Point taken, but if tickets were priced right, there would be a much larger pool of prospective ticket buyers.  Not just the well to do.

Bucs tickets aren't among the most expensive in the league. Would it be nice to see tickets reduced by 30%? Of course. But I can say the same about any form of entertainment.

There are still $35 and $40 tickets available for the Lions' game. Why is that? Some of those seats are better than the season tickets I had. If those tickets are not sold out, what makes you think that adding thousands of reduced tickets (in the $50 range) will help?

BTownBucFan

Hall of Famer
#42 : August 26, 2011, 10:04:54 PM

Mike Bianchi - nuff said.   Dumb article. 

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#43 : August 26, 2011, 10:17:48 PM

Bucs tickets aren't among the most expensive in the league. Would it be nice to see tickets reduced by 30%? Of course. But I can say the same about any form of entertainment.

There are still $35 and $40 tickets available for the Lions' game. Why is that? Some of those seats are better than the season tickets I had. If those tickets are not sold out, what makes you think that adding thousands of reduced tickets (in the $50 range) will help?

I think the whole stadium is overpriced, they should reduce every ticket 30% or more.  They know they got a hot commidity in a NFL team, it's the most popular sport by a mile.  So they keep jacking the price higher and higher to see what the market will bear.  It's just business 101 really.   But I think they have reached the breaking point and they should start going in the other direction.  Just my   $0.02

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....

JavaRay

Hall of Famer

#44 : August 26, 2011, 10:40:58 PM

If you think the Bucs have a "likelihood" to win their games this year, you are kidding yourself.   They only beat one team all year last year with a winning record and that team had nothing to play for.

Although people don't go to a game to watch a coach on the sidelines, they do go to a game when they are excited about the team's direction.    If Cowher was coach, that would have generated much more excitement than Raheem Morris.   Accept it or not, it's a fact.

Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Tampa Bay Bucs fans more apathetic than Jacksonville Jags fans « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools