Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Report: Talib will get a 4-game suspension « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

YReceiver14

Starter

« : August 26, 2011, 06:16:37 PM »

Per Rotoworld

Citing three separate sources, Yahoo Sports' Jason Cole reports that Bucs CB Aqib Talib "can expect" a four-game suspension from the league office in connection with his role in a March shooting.

Talib's recent meeting with commissioner Roger Goodell was his second in fewer than two years, and he's only had to sit one game so far. In addition to his latest felony weapons charge, Talib was arrested by Florida Highway Patrol for allegedly assaulting a taxi driver in August of 2009. The NFL and NFLPA have an agreement on arrests that occurred during the lockout. Eight players are expected to be punished -- all repeat offenders of the Personal Conduct Policy -- and Talib is among them.

Source: http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=jc-cole_buccaneers_josh_freeman_082511

“Before you can be labeled elite, you’ve got to get a lot closer to having rings.”  --Josh Freeman, May 2012

YReceiver14

Starter

« #1 : August 26, 2011, 06:23:53 PM »

The Y! Sports article was ok.  Two good sections about Talib:

“There’s probably enough doubt in this case that he won’t go more than four games, but it could be more,” a source said. “It’s like he says to guys, ‘I don’t want to see you back here.’  ”

and

“With Aqib, he can be a really fun, engaging guy, somebody you really are drawn to, but then something will just snap in him,” one player said. “You push that red button in his brain and he just loses it and you can’t talk to him. It takes him forever to calm down.

“Part of that is great for him. It’s part of what drives him to be so great on the field. The slightest bit of disrespect from the other side and he’s just playing so hard. But then when he loses control, it’s like, ‘How do you handle this?’ ”

“Before you can be labeled elite, you’ve got to get a lot closer to having rings.”  --Josh Freeman, May 2012

AKA T.Calvin

Starter

« #2 : August 26, 2011, 06:31:14 PM »

if so he made out like a bandit

Beatles123

Hall of Famer

« #3 : August 26, 2011, 06:33:16 PM »

Not too bad at all! :)

This space for rent....*sigh* I trusted you coach.

TheAman

Hall of Famer

« #4 : August 26, 2011, 06:35:19 PM »

4-game wouldn't be terrible...though I'd love him to be on Megatron for week 1.

Beatles123

Hall of Famer

« #5 : August 26, 2011, 06:36:35 PM »

Eh. If we can survive detroit we should be able to hang tough until he returns ;)

Hate

Hall of Famer
« #6 : August 26, 2011, 06:40:23 PM »

4 gms is awful

-------------------------------------------------------

I thought Lovie said he wanted quickness & speed, even at the QB position?

The Franchi5e

Pro Bowler

« #7 : August 26, 2011, 07:06:37 PM »

Are you dumb? We're probably going to get absolutely destroyed by the Lions, Falcons and the Colts passing games. Myron Lewis better be shooting up roids in his calves right now. He doesn't even go to trial until March 2012, they're punishing him for no reason as of right now.
« : August 26, 2011, 07:11:19 PM ctrombetta »

nubcake

Hall of Famer

« #8 : August 26, 2011, 07:16:45 PM »

Are you dumb? We're probably going to get absolutely destroyed by the Lions, Falcons and the Colts passing games. Myron Lewis better be shooting up roids in his calves right now. He doesn't even go to trial until March 2012, they're punishing him for no reason as of right now.

Biggers held Roddy White to 7 catches for 74 yards and no TDs. That's about 13 yards below his average per game last season. Reggie Wayne is somewhat similar as well, and we don't even know what shape Peyton will be in IF he's playing that game at all. It's Megatron I'm worried about because Biggers couldn't handle his physicality. And of course, Myron Lewis definitely needs to remain healthy, not only for that game(in which I'd like to see him take Calvin) but playing nickel in the other 3.

All things considered, it shouldn't be a huge blow IF Biggers/Barber/Lewis all stay healthy. If one or more of them get injured, however, we'll be in a lot of trouble.

Beatles123

Hall of Famer

« #9 : August 26, 2011, 07:19:43 PM »

When I say "Not Bad" I mean that we won't lose him for nearly as long as we could have...I expected him to lose the majority of the season.

CTBuc

Second String

« #10 : August 26, 2011, 07:24:00 PM »

I want him those 4 games but at least its not the entire year.  and hopefully this makes him clean up his act and this will be the only suspension, hopefully he gets off as he rejected the misdemeanor plea deal.   Talib has had his messups but adding this its only 5 games total,  theres def a lot worse out there.  Can he appeal this and get it shortened for good behavior like big ben?

bucsbum

Hall of Famer

« #11 : August 26, 2011, 07:33:37 PM »

4 games Hmmmm seems like he already sat out 2 games this preseason. sit out 2 more preseason games and he will be good to go

The Franchi5e

Pro Bowler

« #12 : August 26, 2011, 07:35:57 PM »

Biggers held Roddy White to 7 catches for 74 yards and no TDs. That's about 13 yards below his average per game last season. Reggie Wayne is somewhat similar as well, and we don't even know what shape Peyton will be in IF he's playing that game at all. It's Megatron I'm worried about because Biggers couldn't handle his physicality. And of course, Myron Lewis definitely needs to remain healthy, not only for that game(in which I'd like to see him take Calvin) but playing nickel in the other 3.

All things considered, it shouldn't be a huge blow IF Biggers/Barber/Lewis all stay healthy. If one or more of them get injured, however, we'll be in a lot of trouble.

That's an understatement. And he "held him" to 7 catches? lol. Yeah and I definitely remember a few of those catches coming in their last drive down the field when they went ahead of us. Made Biggers look like a little kid. I like Biggers as our 2nd or 3rd corner but as our #1 against teams with actual legit #1 receivers....I'm beyond worried.

Zsnore

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Pro Bowler
« #13 : August 26, 2011, 07:36:51 PM »

I was seriously expecting more. 4 games isn't bad... Rah gets a chance to showcase his DP coaching skills once again

This is what I think about the Glazers being cheap...

bucinsouthFL

Starter

« #14 : August 26, 2011, 07:51:14 PM »

The Y! Sports article was ok.  Two good sections about Talib:

“There’s probably enough doubt in this case that he won’t go more than four games, but it could be more,” a source said. “It’s like he says to guys, ‘I don’t want to see you back here.’  ”

and

“With Aqib, he can be a really fun, engaging guy, somebody you really are drawn to, but then something will just snap in him,” one player said. “You push that red button in his brain and he just loses it and you can’t talk to him. It takes him forever to calm down.

“Part of that is great for him. It’s part of what drives him to be so great on the field. The slightest bit of disrespect from the other side and he’s just playing so hard. But then when he loses control, it’s like, ‘How do you handle this?’ ”

This is so true. If you watch the ATL games Aqib plays so hard against Roddy White because he's always talking crap. Aqib plays up to the competition and down to it also.

Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Report: Talib will get a 4-game suspension « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools