Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Report: Talib will get a 4-game suspension « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

Cerious

Hall of Famer

#15 : August 26, 2011, 08:10:34 PM

If he appeals the suspension and perhaps the NFLPA also appeals or takes the matter to court, can he still play week one? I just think back at how the Vikings' William DTs and the Saint player were able to play an entire year or more over the starcaps incident. If it becomes a legal matter, maybe Talib will be able to play a couple of games before accepting the result?

nubcake

Hall of Famer

#16 : August 26, 2011, 08:11:54 PM

Not too bad at all! :)

Are you dumb? We're probably going to get absolutely destroyed by the Lions, Falcons and the Colts passing games. Myron Lewis better be shooting up roids in his calves right now. He doesn't even go to trial until March 2012, they're punishing him for no reason as of right now.

Biggers held Roddy White to 7 catches for 74 yards and no TDs. That's about 13 yards below his average per game last season. Reggie Wayne is somewhat similar as well, and we don't even know what shape Peyton will be in IF he's playing that game at all. It's Megatron I'm worried about because Biggers couldn't handle his physicality. And of course, Myron Lewis definitely needs to remain healthy, not only for that game(in which I'd like to see him take Calvin) but playing nickel in the other 3.

All things considered, it shouldn't be a huge blow IF Biggers/Barber/Lewis all stay healthy. If one or more of them get injured, however, we'll be in a lot of trouble.

That's an understatement. And he "held him" to 7 catches? lol. Yeah and I definitely remember a few of those catches coming in their last drive down the field when they went ahead of us. Made Biggers look like a little kid. I like Biggers as our 2nd or 3rd corner but as our #1 against teams with actual legit #1 receivers....I'm beyond worried.

Unfortunately it's pretty difficult to defend anyone when you're forced to play a prevent defense, which is exactly what we did for the ENTIRE Falcons scoring drive in that game. If anything this further bolsters my point.

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#17 : August 26, 2011, 08:33:50 PM

After the suspension we'll have a couple week window where we can trade him.  If any contenders have injuries hopefully we can take advantage.

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#18 : August 26, 2011, 08:41:58 PM

Cuts are coming up quick.   Maybe Dom picks someone up to fill in.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

bucs63

Starter
#19 : August 26, 2011, 08:47:57 PM

4 games is a lot considering he hasn't been convicted of anything. Imagine if he is. 8 more games?

Cerious

Hall of Famer

#20 : August 26, 2011, 08:51:20 PM

4 games is a lot considering he hasn't been convicted of anything. Imagine if he is. 8 more games?

If he's convicted he's facing a lot more than an 8 game ban. More 10 to 15 years in prison.

BucDaFackUp

Hall of Famer

#21 : August 26, 2011, 09:14:20 PM

Cuts are coming up quick.   Maybe Dom picks someone up to fill in.

or maybe he can sign someone in free agency.......doh!

\"I seen his aura or whatever...I seen it...it\'s orange...\"
- Un-named source on Lovie Smith

BucDaFackUp

Hall of Famer

#22 : August 26, 2011, 09:22:24 PM

So if I understand correctly...Goodell is able to suspend people simply for them being charged with something? Isn't that sorta counter to the concept of innocent-until-proven-guilty?

If the players association allows that then their union isn't worth a damn....might as well stay de-certified.

And what of Goodell upholding a suspension on Pryor when the NCAA isn't even affiliated to the NFL? What the hell is that?

\"I seen his aura or whatever...I seen it...it\'s orange...\"
- Un-named source on Lovie Smith

bucs63

Starter
#23 : August 26, 2011, 09:36:01 PM

If he's convicted he's facing a lot more than an 8 game ban. More 10 to 15 years in prison.
Doh!

Captain Hindsight

Hall of Famer

#24 : August 26, 2011, 09:38:14 PM

So if I understand correctly...Goodell is able to suspend people simply for them being charged with something? Isn't that sorta counter to the concept of innocent-until-proven-guilty?

If the players association allows that then their union isn't worth a damn....might as well stay de-certified.

And what of Goodell upholding a suspension on Pryor when the NCAA isn't even affiliated to the NFL? What the hell is that?

All you have to do is mess with the NFL's "image" and that's enough for Goodell to do whatever he wants to you.

TheAman

Hall of Famer
#25 : August 26, 2011, 09:41:17 PM

Tell that to Ben Roethlisberger

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#26 : August 26, 2011, 09:44:03 PM

If he's suspended, I think it's because of what he said to RG in that meeting.

Benchwarmer#1

Hall of Famer

#27 : August 26, 2011, 09:54:00 PM

C'mon guys, It's Goodell. I'd love to drink the koolade, but he's getting eight games or the whole season.

Now if they would've had the court case first I think he doesn't get anything whatsoever.  Since Goodell is first at bat though, I fully expect him to bring the hammer down.

Especially since AT is a Buc and repeat offender. Remember the last Buc that talked to Goodell twice? .....Still isn't playing and basically forgotten about.
: August 26, 2011, 09:55:35 PM Benchwarmer#1

Bucpride5

Pro Bowler
#28 : August 26, 2011, 09:59:57 PM

This could cost the Bucs a shot at the playoffs. Calvin Johnson still haunts my football dreams.

Formerly known as T

I\'ll be optimistic until I see a reason not to be

BTownBucFan

Hall of Famer
#29 : August 26, 2011, 10:33:28 PM

"can expect".  I still don't see where this is anything more than a "guess" at this point.  Haven't seen where anyone close to the situation has given us anything substantial to say he is or will be yet.
Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Report: Talib will get a 4-game suspension « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools