Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: game day thread-Buc v Phins « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 24 25 26

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#375 : August 28, 2011, 01:51:41 PM

George Johnson and Kyle Moore. 

Does either one have a shot of sneaking onto the roster?

I think George Johnson is almost a lock. I think Bennett/Bowers are our LEs, and Clayborn/Johnson are our RE.

Moore, Magee, Crowder, and Gilbeaux are likely fighting for the 5th spot.....IF we carry a 5th DE.

I think Magee and Gilbeaux are already gone.  Moore vs Crowder, with Crowder possibly having some minimal trade value.

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#376 : August 28, 2011, 01:55:02 PM

The way I see the final 53 working out is....

QB - 3 (Freeman, Johnson, Carpenter)
RB - 3 (Blount, Lumpkin, Bradford)
FB - 2 (Graham, Lorig)
TE - 3 (Winslow, Stocker, Hardey)
WR - 5 (Williams, Benn, Briscoe, Stroughter, Spurlock)
OT - 4 (Penn, Trueblood, Dotson, Lee)
OG - 3 (Joseph, Larsen, Hardman)
C - 2 (Faine, Zuttah)

Total Offense - 25

DT - 5 (McCoy, Price, Miller, Okam, Woods)
DE - 5 (Clayborn, Bowers, Bennett, Johnson, and Crowder or Moore)
LB - 6 (Watson, Black, Hayes, Foster, McKenzie, Hayward)
S - 5 (Grimm, Jones, Asante, Lynch, Black)
CB - 6 (Talib, Barber, Lewis,
 Biggers, Gaitor, and DJ Johnson or Mack)

Total Defense - 26

Plus Kicker and Punter make 53. Not sure who has been long snapping for us. Anyone notice?

I think this is most likely, but I'd like to see us grab a quicker/faster RB off waivers, and also see Gant or Sanders make the team. I also like LB Derrell Smith to possibly beat out Hayward. Hope DJ Johnson beats out Mack. Hope Faine decides to retire before week one.

It's been mentioned that the team might not keep Carpenter if they keep Spurlock as the 3rd QB.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#377 : August 28, 2011, 03:32:05 PM

I haven't heard that. I've heard that we might not activate Carpenter on Sundays and Spurlock would be our emergency QB....but he's pretty much a lock to make the roster.

John Galt?

Hall of Famer
#378 : August 28, 2011, 05:41:07 PM

I haven't heard that. I've heard that we might not activate Carpenter on Sundays and Spurlock would be our emergency QB....but he's pretty much a lock to make the roster.

There is no more "emergency" QB. The game day active list is now 46 and any of the 3 QBs can enter any time w/o penalty.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#379 : August 28, 2011, 07:19:16 PM

Yeah I know the new rule, but what I am saying is Carpenter won't be active every Sunday, so Spurlock will in effect be the 3rd string emergency QB if Freeman and JJ were to go down with injury.

Page: 1 ... 24 25 26
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: game day thread-Buc v Phins « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools