Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Stafford looks better than Freeman : Week 1 is going to be tough « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 ... 7

JavaRay

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

: August 28, 2011, 05:53:45 AM

Did you guys see Stafford against the Pats?    He looks ready for the regular season.    The Pats ran into a buzz saw against the Lions.   What a difference from what they ran into down in Tampa.    I wouldn't be surprised to see the Lions favored week 1 even though the game is in Tampa and the Bucs were 10-6 last year.

SWAGGARRR

Hall of Famer

#1 : August 28, 2011, 06:44:15 AM

The Patriots weren't prepared bro... LoL

The entire Lions team was impressive, but I would still keep Freeman over any quarterback you like...

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#2 : August 28, 2011, 07:14:01 AM

I suspect the Patriots didn't game plan.... ;)

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

Morgan

Hall of Famer
#3 : August 28, 2011, 07:28:13 AM

Week 1 is going to be tough

Is there a single game on the schedule that won't be tough?

JavaRay

Hall of Famer

#4 : August 28, 2011, 08:30:09 AM

Week 1 is going to be tough

Is there a single game on the schedule that won't be tough?

That depends on how injuries play out.   Last year when the Bucs played the Panthers and the Panthers did not have their QB, I would say those were not tough.

During the Gruden years, there were a lot of games that were not considered to be tough.   People used to get angry even when the Bucs won but didn't blow out those opponents.   It seems with this current team though, all the games are considered to be tough.   Lack of respect by the fans for Raheem maybe?

benir0

Hall of Famer
#5 : August 28, 2011, 08:46:27 AM

Did you guys see Stafford against the Pats?    He looks ready for the regular season.    The Pats ran into a buzz saw against the Lions.   What a difference from what they ran into down in Tampa.    I wouldn't be surprised to see the Lions favored week 1 even though the game is in Tampa and the Bucs were 10-6 last year.

You're finally back after your self-imposed exile after Tebow's demotion, I see.

It's a shame.

That you are back, I mean.

bucs63

Starter
#6 : August 28, 2011, 09:08:28 AM

Freeman has not looked too good in these last two games. He's was off on a lot of his throws last night. There was a lot of pressure, but he's going to see that all year.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#7 : August 28, 2011, 09:46:18 AM

I usually never post in a thread started by Java, but I'll make an exception to say that I agree. The Lions and Stafford looked on point and we still look to be struggling. It's going to be a tough win in week one. We really have to stop with the slow start bullsh!t. It's gonna kill our season if we can't figure out how to come out of the gate ready to go.

nitey

Hall of Famer
#8 : August 28, 2011, 10:00:06 AM

In this case, Java is correct. I watched the 1st half of the Lions game and their defense looked really good. Bradley was uncomfortable in the pocket all night and the Pats have a better offensive line than we do. The Lions offense was also using that quick tempo offense that gave our defense fits last week. The fact that our defensive line looked very good against Miami gives me some hope that we can deal with the Lion's offense, but the Lion's defense looks like it will dominate our offense right at the moment.

Like JD said, it's going to be a tough win in week one. We have to start faster and stop the bullsh!t penalties if we are going to have a chance to win that game.

Success is when Skill meets OpportunityFailure is when Fantasy meets Reality

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#9 : August 28, 2011, 10:05:19 AM

Stafford was just so money last night it was unreal. You watch what the Lions did vs the Pats and compare to what we need (I'm sure they had a better gameplan) and it is night and day.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#10 : August 28, 2011, 10:37:29 AM

I say 27-24 Bucs win!

cyberdude558

Hall of Famer

#11 : August 28, 2011, 11:06:03 AM

Keep in mind though that the year the Lions went 0-16....they were 4-0 in the pre-season.

tonyflash

Starter

#12 : August 28, 2011, 11:21:58 AM

Did anyone check to see how many D starters the Pats left  out of this game?  I saw players on their D at the start of the game who did not start against the Bucs.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#13 : August 28, 2011, 11:27:14 AM

I think our front seven will outplay Detroit's front seven in week one. I think we allow less rushing yards and get more pressure/sacks. Call me crazy, but we'll see in just TWO WEEKS! :)

Snook

Hall of Famer

#14 : August 28, 2011, 11:41:39 AM

Give me a break with the Lions.  That Pats team wasn't the same team we played last week.

Yes, the Detroit defense looks good but Stafford is still a porcelain doll. 

Page: 1 2 3 ... 7
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Stafford looks better than Freeman : Week 1 is going to be tough « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools