Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Raheem and Dominik's Chess Match « previous next »
Page: 1

yungry bucs

Second String

: August 28, 2011, 11:22:27 AM

We've seen this past season the playbook open up with more aggressive and trick plays arguably more than ever. This preseason however, I feel as though the playbook has been limited, but for good reason. The youth movement in Tampa has taken hold of a new formula for a football team. These players most of them 25 or younger do not have the kind of experience some veteran leaders like Ronde Barber or Earnest Graham have. But because of their youth, we should have expected these play calls and conservative demeanor this preseason. By keeping the playbook short and sweet, these guys need to prove that they master the simple things before moving onto the finesse work. In a sense as fans we see the stat sheet and say well he did great, this guy did terrible etc. However we do not know the play call or assignments on any given down like these guys are told. I would not be surprised at all if guys with fewer stats made the team than those with better stats in certain categories. It all comes down to knowledge and reps. Sure a corner can have 4 tackles, but they may have thrown to his side more based on poor man or zone coverage, whereas a corner with 1 tackle looks unconcerning or unimpressive however held is ground.

All I'm saying is....."Stats are for losers" bring on the roster cuts !!

xBuCsX_4_XeVax

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Pro Bowler

#1 : August 28, 2011, 01:01:22 PM

i disagree with you on this..cuz of stats we get a better understanding of who's doing what they're supposed to do..i think stats can be misleading at times but for the most part they tell a very important story about a team..or else how would we know how inconsistent or consistent a player is?...
Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Raheem and Dominik's Chess Match « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools