Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Lions sell out their MNF game in less than an hour « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 7

Morgan

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer
« #15 : August 28, 2011, 06:52:08 PM »

I just visited stubhub. I believe that $10 is for parking.

http://www.stubhub.com/tampa-bay-buccaneers-tickets/

cyberdude558

Hall of Famer

« #16 : August 28, 2011, 06:55:45 PM »

Yesturday afternoon some nosebleeds were going for $10 for that Miami game. Likely because its pre-season and hours before kickoff, but still....

Check the Falcons game...there are some going for $30 right now.

Hate

Hall of Famer
« #17 : August 28, 2011, 06:57:47 PM »

And Detroit isnt exactly doing well economically.... So to hell with that excuse....

Damn, i "Hate" to agree with you but i must. This area is full of excuses..... and its sad.

-------------------------------------------------------

I thought Lovie said he wanted quickness & speed, even at the QB position?

Morgan

Hall of Famer
« #18 : August 28, 2011, 06:58:01 PM »

Okay, didn't realize you were using last second stubhub prices in nosebleeds for a meaningless preseason game to prove your point.

bucsbum

Hall of Famer

« #19 : August 28, 2011, 06:59:07 PM »

Detriot got over 60 Bilion in bail out money they can buy season tickets

John Galt?

Hall of Famer
« #20 : August 28, 2011, 07:04:14 PM »

Our offense moved the ball pretty well last year. Why didn't our MNF game sell out already?

Well there MNF game is against a Division rival who is a 3 hour drive away and has die-hard fans that travel well. Ours is against an AFC opponent who's QB may or may not play.

Also Detroit and Chicago have multiple times the population of Tampa and Indy. Number of people in the Detroit metro area 4.29 million, number in the Tampa metro area 2.7 million. Chicago has a metro area of 9+ million people-how many of them bought tickets? Indy had an metro pop of under 1.7 million-how many of them bought airline and game tkts??

Heck, I'd bet if Chicago played here, that would be the first game to sell out.

Morgan

Hall of Famer
« #21 : August 28, 2011, 07:09:35 PM »

cyberdude558

Hall of Famer

« #22 : August 28, 2011, 07:14:11 PM »

The TB LIghtning CEO Todd Leiweke said it best when he said blaming the economy for ticket sales is “the first exit on the highway of excuses.”

He's 100% correct...

And yes I know Detroit-Chicago have a higher population area. But the Tampa Bay region is ranked 12th largest market in the nation. And the Bucs are the ONLY TEAM IN THE NATIONAL FOOTBALL LEAGUE THAT COULDN'T SELL OUT A SINGLE GAME! How do you explain that??

John Galt?

Hall of Famer
« #23 : August 28, 2011, 07:21:44 PM »

The TB LIghtning CEO Todd Leiweke said it best when he said blaming the economy for ticket sales is “the first exit on the highway of excuses.”

He's 100% correct...

And yes I know Detroit-Chicago have a higher population area. But the Tampa Bay region is ranked 12th largest market in the nation. And the Bucs are the ONLY TEAM IN THE NATIONAL FOOTBALL LEAGUE THAT COULDN'T SELL OUT A SINGLE GAME! How do you explain that??

Easy, too many people going to Rays games instead

JDouble

Hall of Famer
« #24 : August 28, 2011, 07:26:34 PM »

It is many things. Like for one this is a beach town, not a football town. Most people would just rather go to the beach or go fishing than go to a game...but the economy is the biggest factor. It's not just an excuse. It's a real problem.

I just think it's sad we can't sell out the home opener and the Monday night game. I'm about as broke as can be right now but I scraped up enough to get some nose bleed seats to those two games as well as the Thursday night Cowboys game. It's pretty sad we can't at least sell those games out. Especially our home opener. If our fan base didn't suck, we would sell out the home opener.  That is just pathetic.

Think it's a coincidence that 4 of our 6 losses last year were at home?

Blaze688

Hall of Famer

« #25 : August 28, 2011, 07:31:25 PM »

Having an offense that moves the ball does wonders for ticket sales.  Go figure.

Our offense moved the ball pretty well last year. Why didn't our MNF game sell out already?

This is a myth.  Our offense ranked 19th in total yardage and 20th in scoring last season.  All off season, I'd read comments like, "Man, I sure hope our defense can catch up to our offense!  We'd be unstoppable!" Truth is, our offense was pretty lackluster last year.  Cadillac did a lot of that damage at the beginning of the season, but even after Blount ascended -- that is, after we played the Steelers and Saints, and before we feasted on the NFC West -- we averaged 348 yards (would've been good for 14th), and 23.7 points per game (12th).  Slightly better than average in both categories, against the 22nd most difficult schedule in the NFL.

It's not bad, but it's certainly not a selling point.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
« #26 : August 28, 2011, 07:38:14 PM »

F**K stats and numbers. Our offense was exciting to watch last year. Period.

AKA T.Calvin

Starter

« #27 : August 28, 2011, 07:38:39 PM »

Having an offense that moves the ball does wonders for ticket sales.  Go figure.

it's been over a decade since they've had a MNF game in Detroit
we haven't had one since '03..so the hell with that excuse

Blaze688

Hall of Famer

« #28 : August 28, 2011, 07:41:02 PM »

F**K stats and numbers. Our offense was exciting to watch last year. Period.

It was also frustrating to watch.  I think Freeman's the only thing that saved it from being a bottom-of-the-barrel affair.  For ****'s sake, Olson didn't even install a quarterback sneak until... what?  Week 11?

JDouble

Hall of Famer
« #29 : August 28, 2011, 07:44:35 PM »

Really? Blount hurdling muthaf**k*s and Mike Will making circus catches didn't do anything for you?

Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 7
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Lions sell out their MNF game in less than an hour « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools