Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Fantasy Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: 12 team league non-PPR keeper, rate my 2011 team! « previous next »
Page: 1

awitron

Hall of Famer

: August 29, 2011, 12:20:27 AM

Since I could only keep 3 players I decided to trade Michael Turner and Hakeem Nicks for Philip Rivers, making my 3 keepers Rivers, Roddy White, and Arian Foster.

1. RB Arian Foster
2. WR Roddy White
3. QB Philip Rivers
4. WR Brandon Marshall
5. RB Tim Hightower
6. WR Stevie Johnson
7. WR Mike Sims-Walker
8. RB Joseph Addai
9. TE Aaron Hernandez
10. Bears D
11. RB Ladainian Tomlinson
12. RB Ben Tate
13. QB Ryan Fitzpatrick
14. K Steven Gostkowski
15. TE Jared Cook

Thoughts, opinions greatly appreciated.

These are my concerns about Schiano. He thinks hes the **CENSORED**, when really he is someone who couldn\'t win the Big East once in 10 years.

I said it before and I\'ll say it again, Josh Freeman is the only thing that can save this franchise from this dude. If he doesn\'t adjust his style AND Freeman cant win enough, we\'re going to be wondering who the next coach is going to be in 2 years.

MucBuc

Starter
#1 : August 29, 2011, 10:07:53 AM

Looks solid. Some question marks at RB (Addai's health, Hightower's upside) and WR (Can Johnson duplicate last seasons numbers?, How will Sims-Walker fit into the new Ram's offense?), but could turn out to be a very good team.

Depending on what's still available as backup QBs, I'd consider dropping Fitzpatrick and grab Donald Brown as an insurance to Addai. Worry about River's bye-week replacement later.
: August 29, 2011, 10:09:44 AM Aidan

Oh, how I tire of young men and their ambitions.

bashear

Hall of Famer

#2 : August 29, 2011, 12:09:24 PM

Colts are down on Brown. Didn't Rhodes play ahead of  him last year? At any rate, I'm not sure Brown's production warrants giving away a back-up QB. I think the Colts like rookie Delone Carter, but I'm not sure what sort of pass-blocker he it.

It's hard to offer an opinion on your team without knowing the settings and number of teams involved.

awitron

Hall of Famer

#3 : August 29, 2011, 07:40:33 PM

Looks solid. Some question marks at RB (Addai's health, Hightower's upside) and WR (Can Johnson duplicate last seasons numbers?, How will Sims-Walker fit into the new Ram's offense?), but could turn out to be a very good team.

Depending on what's still available as backup QBs, I'd consider dropping Fitzpatrick and grab Donald Brown as an insurance to Addai. Worry about River's bye-week replacement later.

Fitzgerald plays at the Giants week 6 when Rivers is on his bye week, and the Giants pass defense is extremely suspect. There was reasoning behind that pick.

This league starts 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 WR/TE, 1 TE, D, K. My starting lineup right now is....

Rivers
Foster, Hightower
White, Marshall, Johnson
Hernandez
Bears
Gostkowski

These are my concerns about Schiano. He thinks hes the **CENSORED**, when really he is someone who couldn\'t win the Big East once in 10 years.

I said it before and I\'ll say it again, Josh Freeman is the only thing that can save this franchise from this dude. If he doesn\'t adjust his style AND Freeman cant win enough, we\'re going to be wondering who the next coach is going to be in 2 years.

bizkitlimped

Hall of Famer
#4 : August 29, 2011, 09:15:56 PM

You and I were on the same page with Tomlinson, Tate and Hightower. I expect big things from Hightower now that he's out of Arizona.

awitron

Hall of Famer

#5 : August 29, 2011, 11:57:08 PM

You and I were on the same page with Tomlinson, Tate and Hightower. I expect big things from Hightower now that he's out of Arizona.

I usually like to take a BPA approach to fantasy football and I had Hightower as a 4th round grade based off how beastly he has been this preseason, the amount of praise hes getting from that coaching staff, and the fact that hes a Shanahan RB. I honestly think he goes for at least 1200 and 10 TDs rushing.

With Tate, since I had Foster last year and kept him this year, I needed to make sure I got him just in case he tears that hammy or anything happens to him because Tate becomes an instant starter if so and I had to make sure nobody else took him and screwed me over.
: August 30, 2011, 12:01:27 AM awitron

Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Fantasy Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: 12 team league non-PPR keeper, rate my 2011 team! « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools