Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Why did we re-sign Trueblood « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

Bschucher

Hall of Famer
#15 : August 29, 2011, 08:10:24 PM

Have you seen James Lee play?

Seen him play LOT where the staff stuck him so he couldn't win the spot from the dude they dropped all that cash on.

So you are saying they put him there just to fail and have no competition for the RT spot?  They dont wanna look bad paying True that money so they would rather have a lesser RT starting? If you think these things, you are nuts.

mrchillwill

Pro Bowler

#16 : August 29, 2011, 08:18:23 PM

you people act like true went up agaisnt an average DE, cameron wake is one of the top pass rushers in this league.

MUSCLE_HAMSTER

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer
#17 : August 29, 2011, 08:18:30 PM

Yes, because True has been lock down solid this pre-season and has never gotten beaten and had flags in the games that matter. Please, the competition ended when the ink on the contract dried. Simple as that.
He had a great game against KC and was probably the best OL in the Pats game (not that it means much).

But feel free to be closeminded. It doesn't actually effect anyone but yourself. Trueblood has vastly outplayed Lee, simple matter of fact. Deal with it.

Huey Freeman

Starter

#18 : August 29, 2011, 08:19:03 PM

Seen him play LOT where the staff stuck him so he couldn't win the spot from the dude they dropped all that cash on.
lol, really?

Can you really think of a reason to stick him on the left side? I mean seriously if you stuck True out there you'd get exactly the same results. That is a 100% non-compete move right there.

1. He has been just as bad with his snaps on the right side in camp and against KC.
2. He has to get some work on the left side if he is going to be the swing tackle.
3. It hasn't been Freeney lining up across from him.  Second and third team defensive linemen have been smoking him.

MiltonMack21

Hall of Famer

#19 : August 29, 2011, 08:24:13 PM

So you are saying they put him there just to fail and have no competition for the RT spot?  They dont wanna look bad paying True that money so they would rather have a lesser RT starting? If you think these things, you are nuts.
That could be the case. Turd, never deserved the second contract. Dominik knew from the second he signed it and received the complaints from the fan base it was a mistake. But Turd HAS to be the starter, so the order was given. Dominik isn't worried about winning this year.

MUSCLE_HAMSTER

Hall of Famer
#20 : August 29, 2011, 08:26:30 PM

^lolwut

Huey Freeman

Starter

#21 : August 29, 2011, 08:29:49 PM

That could be the case. Turd, never deserved the second contract. Dominik knew from the second he signed it and received the complaints from the fan base it was a mistake. But Turd HAS to be the starter, so the order was given. Dominik isn't worried about winning this year.

Because winning isn't a priority for an NFL general manager of a team coming off of a 10-6 record .  Genius! 

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#22 : August 29, 2011, 08:39:41 PM

Because the guy that was beat out by crappy James Lee last season deserves another chance, a $10M chance.

MUSCLE_HAMSTER

Hall of Famer
#23 : August 29, 2011, 08:41:58 PM

Because the guy that was beat out by crappy James Lee last season deserves another chance, a $10M chance.
You have to admit its ironic that he came back and beat out crappy James Lee this season, on an $8M chance

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#24 : August 29, 2011, 08:47:02 PM

You have to admit its ironic that he came back and beat out crappy James Lee this season, on an $8M chance

Yay!!!  The Buccaneers signed 2 crappy guys at RT!!!

Axxon

Pro Bowler
#25 : August 29, 2011, 09:01:45 PM

I heard that Dominick was told by the fan base that he'd be fired if he didn't start Trueblood even if we won the Super Bowl so it's not exactly like he isn't worried about winning this year as much as he's afraid of the fan base's  reaction to the signing,

It has to be that or you're saying that Dominick is such a poor judge of talent that he relies on the fan base reaction to judge his signings since the second they reacted he realized that he'd made a mistake. If this is it, I say fire him now. Funny thing though, when he drafted Free the fans instantly reacted negatively but back then he must not have realized how bad a judge of talent he was because Free didn't become an instant starter.

Bschucher

Hall of Famer
#26 : August 29, 2011, 09:05:04 PM

You have got to be kidding me with this garbage. Please tell me you are not this ........... i don't know what to call you.

freddy

Hall of Famer

#27 : August 29, 2011, 09:07:06 PM

Although I would have preferred an upgrade, I wouldn't have complained too much about signing him (Trueblood) to vet minimum and have an actual competition with Lee/Dotson.

Well you got your competition, Lee clearly lost and it had nothing to do with the contract. lol

Axxon

Pro Bowler
#28 : August 29, 2011, 09:07:55 PM

Actually, that isn't ironic at all. The guy with the bigger contract played better than the guy with the smaller contract. That's just what's supposed to happen. Doesn't mean that True is a talented player but his winning the job is not irony. Just a nitpick though, I'm pretty sure I get what you're saying. :)

The Franchi5e

Pro Bowler

#29 : August 29, 2011, 09:08:57 PM

I hate Trueblood as much as anybody, but he actually isn't the reason the line has been so bad. It's really all Faine and Larsen for the most part. We need to stick Zuttah in one of those spots and pray that somebody steps up for the other. Hopefully somebody gets waived/released that can help us out. And to think how much I loved Larsen going into the season......I thought this guy was going to be the best lineman on the team.
Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Why did we re-sign Trueblood « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools