Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Why did we re-sign Trueblood « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

MiltonMack21

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer

#30 : August 29, 2011, 09:17:50 PM

Sarcasm is a forgotten art form. Turd sucks and everyone knows it. I do think re-signing Turd was a mistake.

BerubesBucs

Hall of Famer

#31 : August 29, 2011, 09:23:12 PM

Between him and Jeff this is going to be a long year for Mr. Freeman.  He looked scared back there because he CANT trust his O line

How is the line any better than when Garcia was QB?
I know we aren't biting on Java's BS anymore... but I'm going to respond to this one because I think he actually believes this one in his heart.

The line wasn't good when Garcia was QB either. Garcia ran around like a scared chicken too and it didn't have everything to do with his typical happy feet. Our O line, specifically this group, has sucked for quite some time now.

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#32 : August 29, 2011, 09:27:13 PM

Although I would have preferred an upgrade, I wouldn't have complained too much about signing him (Trueblood) to vet minimum and have an actual competition with Lee/Dotson.

Well you got your competition, Lee clearly lost and it had nothing to do with the contract. lol

Good call.  Lee was clearly competing with for the starting RT spot.  That's why he's come in as the back-up LT in back-to-back games.  It takes a special kind of stupid not to recognize the only competition James Lee lost was to Demar Dotson as the back-up.  Trueblood was the starter from day one at RT.

Hell, Demar Dotson (the guy that hadn't played football in a year - and barely played football before that) has outplayed Trueblood two weeks in a row.

Axxon

Pro Bowler
#33 : August 29, 2011, 09:29:48 PM

Sarcasm is a forgotten art form. Turd sucks and everyone knows it. I do think re-signing Turd was a mistake.

Actually, sarcasm is more a verbal art form than a written one. I took your words for hyperbole which it is even if it was also meant for sarcasm. Had you been saying it more conventionally, meaning you didn't believe True sucks then it would have been much more clear. That's more common than using sarcasm on a statement you actually agree with.

MiltonMack21

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer

#34 : August 29, 2011, 09:32:28 PM

Axxon, I do believe there was an order for Turd to be the starter at RT with no competition. If Turd is riding the bench, Dominik does look bad and that is unfortunate.

freddy

Hall of Famer
#35 : August 29, 2011, 09:38:37 PM

I hate Trueblood as much as anybody, but he actually isn't the reason the line has been so bad. It's really all Faine and Larsen for the most part. We need to stick Zuttah in one of those spots and pray that somebody steps up for the other. Hopefully somebody gets waived/released that can help us out. And to think how much I loved Larsen going into the season......I thought this guy was going to be the best lineman on the team.

I congratulate you for not letting your hate blind you. Despite what some people think, O-Line is one of, if not the hardest positions to correctly evaluate. Of all the positions it has the least reliable stats, we know less about what was suppose to happen vice did happen. Also, what so many people may have failed to grasp, many times line starting their first few games get a break due to lack of film on them. There habits, strengths and weaknesses are less known so they get away with more. But once a flaw shows itself on the film over a few games, good teams take advantage of it.  I'm sure Coach Band the Pats knew Larsen's weaknesses even before the preseason. They cut him last year because of them.

Sometimes we just have to have a little faith.  It's a mother loving beautiful bridge, it will be there.

Axxon

Pro Bowler
#36 : August 29, 2011, 09:42:11 PM

Axxon, I do believe there was an order for Turd to be the starter at RT with no competition. If Turd is riding the bench, Dominik does look bad and that is unfortunate.

I don't agree with your take but I respect it. I just don't think his deal is in the must play or else range even for a miserly team and I can't recall any reports of Lee burning it up during training camp or practices. That to me says a lot and Lee did start the first preseason game, not exactly what you'd do with such a short offseason if you weren't planning to let him start. I think this one is on Lee.

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#37 : August 29, 2011, 09:42:13 PM

...Despite what some people think, O-Line is one of, if not the hardest positions to correctly evaluate. Of all the positions it has the least reliable stats, we know less about what was suppose to happen vice did happen....   You must be right about this - bc the bucs have been a flippin' nightmare - draft pick, trades or FAs, nothing works

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

TB-BucFan4Life

Starter

#38 : August 29, 2011, 11:26:28 PM

Have you seen James Lee play?

As bad as Lee has looked on the left side Trueblood has looked even worse. I watched the game and I swear Trueblood got beat on every single play or at least it sure seemed like it. Lee plays better on the right side and IMO Lee should be given the job based on last years performance since they both suck so good.

tatmanfish

Hall of Famer

#39 : August 29, 2011, 11:47:04 PM

TB has been ok. Thats all hes ever been. Gets burned a few plays, makes a couple blocks.....thats all hes ever been. Lee did play like crap at RT and has played like it since. They had no problem starting Lee last year, so clearly 1 contract isnt going to change that. Thats not this FOs MO.

TB definately got overpaid, but honestly not by a whole lot.

The biggest weakness on this line has been Larsen and Faine.

I wanted both RT and LG upgraded, but that didnt happen. Trueblood is servicable and can provide depth, but hes not the guy you want starting on a regular basis. Larsen and Faine are just flat out sicking right now. Its very apparent so far that someone should have been brought in even if they did keep TB and Lee.

Quote from: Illuminator
You were simply too smart for me.

Bucko40

Hall of Famer

#40 : August 30, 2011, 01:51:33 AM

Have you seen James Lee play?

What he said!

CyberDilemma

Hall of Famer

#41 : August 30, 2011, 02:24:23 AM

Why did we re-sign Trueblood

He was signed to carry Joseph's pads after practice. It was part of the deal to keep Joseph.

PewterDarby

Rookie

#42 : September 01, 2011, 05:23:51 PM

Why did we re-sign Trueblood

He was signed to carry Joseph's pads after practice. It was part of the deal to keep Joseph.

I knew it had to be something like that
Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Why did we re-sign Trueblood « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools