Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Week One a sell out? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 ... 7

bucpimpin

Pro Bowler
« : August 30, 2011, 12:59:13 PM »

Any chance this game sells out? Is there an update on this?

Captain Hindsight

Hall of Famer

« #1 : August 30, 2011, 01:06:13 PM »

I doubt it.

http://www.ticketmaster.com/event/0D0046EFA662888F?artistid=806026&majorcatid=10004&minorcatid=8

Grey sections = sold out, light blue = few tickets, dark blue = lots of tickets.

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

« #2 : August 30, 2011, 01:10:06 PM »

Lightning have sold 5000 new season tickets. Those aren't cheap as it's for 42 games. So, how is that possible if the economy is so bad that it's keeping people from having disposable income for things like sporting events?

Sorry folks but with the Bucs, it's more than just a down economy. A lot more. Do we know how many new folks signed up for Bucs season tickets?

http://www.tampabay.com/blogs/lightning/content/tampa-bay-lightning-doubles-season-ticket-sales-2011-12-ceo-tod-leiweke-says

Excerpt:

The Lightning, coming off its first playoff appearance in four years, has sold more than 10,000 full season tickets for next season, CEO Tod Leiweke said, doubling last season’s total of 5,000.

“We’re right at 10,000, maybe 10,005,” Leiweke said. “We feel good about that.”

Leiweke said renewals are running at about 90 percent, which means about 5,500 new subscribers have signed up. When yet-to-be-sold partial season tickets are factored in, Leiweke said he hopes the season-ticket base will be about 12,000.

dj1111

Rookie

« #3 : August 30, 2011, 01:30:05 PM »

Look at the difference in the public perception of the ownership. Most, around here view the Glazers as only concerned about one thing. Money. Jeffrey Vinik has come in here and addressed every area of concern. He hired a legend in Steve Yzerman as Gm, spent milliions of his own money to upgrade the arena, and had a team nearly make the Stanley Cup Finals in year one.

Not that the economy isn't a factor but it isn't the only one. The perception is that the Lightning organization is not afraid to invest in the team and puts the fan experience above all. The Bucs, well, not so much. IMO.

Morgan

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer
« #4 : August 30, 2011, 01:31:54 PM »

Any chance this game sells out? Is there an update on this?

Doubt if it has or will. Attended a breakfast for season ticket holders yesterday and Dominik said that most likely two games will be sold out, possibly more if the Bucs get off to a solid start. He blamed the local economy for the lack of sell outs.  Personally, I expect the bandwagoneers to join in once the Bucs make the playoffs.  The Rays have the same kind of fans.
« : August 30, 2011, 01:33:29 PM morgan »

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

« #5 : August 30, 2011, 01:34:20 PM »

Not that the economy isn't a factor but it isn't the only one. The perception is that the Lightning organization is not afraid to invest in the team and puts the fan experience above all. The Bucs, well, not so much. IMO.

And despite that perception, the Bucs went 10-6 with one of the youngest teams in the league and came within a whisker of making the playoffs in Freeman's first full year starting. Maybe the Tampa Bay fans (who are staying away) just aren't too bright?

dj1111

Rookie

« #6 : August 30, 2011, 01:35:19 PM »

I agree. Just hypothesizing about reasons why.

jcarruth

Pro Bowler
« #7 : August 30, 2011, 02:05:34 PM »

Dont think the season ticket base went up much, thought i heard low 40's as the announced (IE sold tickets but not necessarily used tickets) crowd for the preseason games, that is probably your season tix base and sounds only marginally higher than last years base.

I dont see any reason that the opener will get any buzz in the next 10 days to drive it to a sellout, cowboys game or maybe colts game are probably the best bets if we are playing well and/or if Mannning is playing.

JavaRay

Hall of Famer

« #8 : August 30, 2011, 02:12:38 PM »

Colts will sell out.  Cowboys will sell out as well if the Cowboys are doing ok.   The rest, probably not.

Captain Hindsight

Hall of Famer

« #9 : August 30, 2011, 02:54:27 PM »

Cowboys game will definitely sell out if the number of available tickets on ticketmaster is accurate.

bucpimpin

Pro Bowler
« #10 : August 30, 2011, 03:11:17 PM »

If I could take my 4 year old to any game which one would it be? A night game?

Captain Hindsight

Hall of Famer

« #11 : August 30, 2011, 03:13:38 PM »

Take him to the Chicago game..........................

Morgan

Hall of Famer
« #12 : August 30, 2011, 03:21:55 PM »

Taking a 4-yr old to a night game doesn't sound smart - a day game during a cooler month would be better.

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

« #13 : August 30, 2011, 03:21:57 PM »

If I could take my 4 year old to any game which one would it be? A night game?

The Mets games my parents took me to when I was young (8-10) that made the biggest impression on me were the night games. The grass under the lights was magical to me.

But at 4, I'm not sure it matters.

traew01

Pro Bowler

« #14 : August 30, 2011, 03:24:03 PM »

This is all due to the NFL's idiotic black out policies combined with the Bucs refusal to sign marquee players in free agency.

This community is losing interest in the Bucs. What is the old expression - "out of sight, out of mind"??

The Bucs thumbed their noses at fans for many seasons through required seat deposits, lawsuits over club seats, refusing to allow fans to move seats, refusing to allow parking upgrades, etc. I know many, many friends who just got fed up with them and gave up.

Its going to take some serious winning - along with the emergence of some very exciting players - to win fans back. Getting wiped out by teams like the Patriots at home, and eeking by with wins against teams like the Dolphins at home - aint gonna cut it. 

Page: 1 2 3 ... 7
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Week One a sell out? « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools