Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Week One a sell out? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 7

bucpimpin

Pro Bowler
#15 : August 30, 2011, 03:25:36 PM

If I could take my 4 year old to any game which one would it be? A night game?

The Mets games my parents took me to when I was young (8-10) that made the biggest impression on me were the night games. The grass under the lights was magical to me.

But at 4, I'm not sure it matters.

Might wait.. I took him to one of the best lightning games of the year last year and ended up listening to the 3rd period from the crosstown. Had ice level seats and he wanted to leave..   Just want to get him those types of experiences like we had..

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#16 : August 30, 2011, 03:26:27 PM

I wonder if the players find it harder to give it their all to a half empty stadium full of the opposing team's fans.

It's pretty sad we can't sell out the home opener after going 10-6 with the youngest team in the NFL.

Draft Aaron Donald

Zsnore

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Pro Bowler
#17 : August 30, 2011, 04:53:36 PM

Lions sold out their preseason game Vs the Patriots... They've been historically worse then us over the last 5 years, with an even worse economy, and didn't make any marquee splashes in FA as well. What other excuse do you people have that doesn't sound whiny, and illogical? Those that place their expectations on the team, whether it be the Drafting of their player, the signing of X Free Agent, or the hiring/firing of the FO, shouldn't be be abandoning the team when things do no go according to their ideals; especially in the face of the teams success. Anyone that falls into the category listed in bold, and you know who you are... Is a horrible, **CENSORED**fied, lime-light crazing, oh man we're never on ESPN, BOOHOO I WANT FA's SELLOUT fan. Doesn't matter how long you've been a fan, your still exactly as I say. I bet if we go 4-0 to start the season with no sellouts, you **CENSORED**s will still try to pass on the same stupid argument. Only more emphasis on "Oh its hot, oh the parking bad. WAAA-WAAA, there's nobody exciting on the team."

Truth is- the sellouts wrote off the Bucs, a long time ago. Why they persist in continuing to ruin the mode of the everyone else, when they aren't yet back on board is beyond me.

This is what I think about the Glazers being cheap...

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#18 : August 30, 2011, 05:04:03 PM

If I could take my 4 year old to any game which one would it be? A night game?

The Mets games my parents took me to when I was young (8-10) that made the biggest impression on me were the night games. The grass under the lights was magical to me.

But at 4, I'm not sure it matters.

Might wait.. I took him to one of the best lightning games of the year last year and ended up listening to the 3rd period from the crosstown. Had ice level seats and he wanted to leave..   Just want to get him those types of experiences like we had..

I had a similar experience when I took my niece to a Rangers game at MSG many years ago. In the middle of the second period, I look over and she's sleeping.

LOL. Kids!

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#19 : August 30, 2011, 05:06:20 PM

I wonder if the players find it harder to give it their all to a half empty stadium full of the opposing team's fans.

It's pretty sad we can't sell out the home opener after going 10-6 with the youngest team in the NFL.

Lions sold out their preseason game Vs the Patriots... They've been historically worse then us over the last 5 years, with an even worse economy, and didn't make any marquee splashes in FA as well. What other excuse do you people have that doesn't sound whiny, and illogical? Those that place their expectations on the team, whether it be the Drafting of their player, the signing of X Free Agent, or the hiring/firing of the FO, shouldn't be be abandoning the team when things do no go according to their ideals; especially in the face of the teams success. Anyone that falls into the category listed in bold, and you know who you are... Is a horrible, **CENSORED**fied, lime-light crazing, oh man we're never on ESPN, BOOHOO I WANT FA's SELLOUT fan. Doesn't matter how long you've been a fan, your still exactly as I say. I bet if we go 4-0 to start the season with no sellouts, you **CENSORED**s will still try to pass on the same stupid argument. Only more emphasis on "Oh its hot, oh the parking bad. WAAA-WAAA, there's nobody exciting on the team."

Truth is- the sellouts wrote off the Bucs, a long time ago. Why they persist in continuing to ruin the mode of the everyone else, when they aren't yet back on board is beyond me.

Yes and yes. I wish the Glazers had a crappy lease so at least they could threaten to leave. Maybe that would affect the apathy and turn things around?

You know the players must talk amongst themselves when they see the non-sellouts.

WelsherBuc

Rookie

#20 : August 30, 2011, 05:08:38 PM

LOL.  It's not only kids.  I was asleep by halftime during the Bucs/Steelers 2010 game.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#21 : August 30, 2011, 06:33:50 PM

Problem is that Buc fans are band wagoners and they won't support the team until the national media supports the team. Unfortunately the national media won't take us seriously when we can't even sell out the stadium. It's one big circle of **CENSORED** the Bucs and it's fed daily by the local sports media and their constant negative spin.

Draft Aaron Donald

buccanoles

Hall of Famer
#22 : August 30, 2011, 06:55:27 PM

This is all due to the NFL's idiotic black out policies combined with the Bucs refusal to sign marquee players in free agency.

This community is losing interest in the Bucs. What is the old expression - "out of sight, out of mind"??

The Bucs thumbed their noses at fans for many seasons through required seat deposits, lawsuits over club seats, refusing to allow fans to move seats, refusing to allow parking upgrades, etc. I know many, many friends who just got fed up with them and gave up.

Its going to take some serious winning - along with the emergence of some very exciting players - to win fans back. Getting wiped out by teams like the Patriots at home, and eeking by with wins against teams like the Dolphins at home - aint gonna cut it.

Agreed! I am a huge Bucs fan but can't afford season tickets and my kids love to watch the games when they are on TV which is becoming few and far between, I get tired of trying to watch games on the net because it's more trouble than it's worth and IMO you can't let a team go blacked out for to long or fans loose interest. The only way the Glazers are going to get fans back in the stands and the rest of them to be more excited about the team is to show a larger vested interest in the local team, not the one overseas.

Wait....... I just want to learn how to Dougie!

Morgan

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer
#23 : August 30, 2011, 07:32:25 PM

It's funny (or not so funny), that more than one - actually tens of posters here have all said that they can't afford tickets.

Yet one or two idiots keep posting that it's not the economy and that it's apathy or fairweather fandom.

Clueless.

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#24 : August 30, 2011, 07:34:12 PM

Would be nice. The Bucs need the fans this year. I hope the fans come back out again. Too fun to watch in my opinion.

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#25 : August 30, 2011, 07:44:59 PM

It's funny (or not so funny), that more than one - actually tens of posters here have all said that they can't afford tickets.

Yet one or two idiots keep posting that it's not the economy and that it's apathy or fairweather fandom.

Clueless.

Lightning sold 5000 more season tickets so far. Guess what? Their cheapest season tickets are more money than the cheapest Bucs season ticket.

Gee, I guess some people have the money. Like many of us have said

Yep, clueless.

And we're not even saying to buy season tickets. People can go to one game and that would help out.
: August 30, 2011, 07:50:32 PM ufojoe

lyronmewis

Hall of Famer

#26 : August 30, 2011, 07:46:52 PM

Now that I'm finished with school and have a job, I thought I would be able to go to Bucs games, but the schedule isn't favorable this year. I live all the way in Toronto, and the only time I can get vacation is late November/early December. I would want to come down for 2 weeks and go to 2 games, but the Bucs are playing a bunch of away games at that time, and the only home game is with Carolina. At least now I can afford Sunday Ticket, and it's not exclusive to DirectTV here. I'd still like to contribute to the team in a hard time though, and even one ticket would help with the blackout situation.

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#27 : August 30, 2011, 07:49:56 PM

Now that I'm finished with school and have a job, I thought I would be able to go to Bucs games, but the schedule isn't favorable this year. I live all the way in Toronto, and the only time I can get vacation is late November/early December. I would want to come down for 2 weeks and go to 2 games, but the Bucs are playing a bunch of away games at that time, and the only home game is with Carolina. At least now I can afford Sunday Ticket, and it's not exclusive to DirectTV here. I'd still like to contribute to the team in a hard time though, and even one ticket would help with the blackout situation.

Forget about it. It's the locals who CAN afford it who are the problem. It's too hot and it's too much of a hassle! So they're not going to games or they're making this their last year so they
can stay home and watch it on HD next year.

Right, Morgan?

Morgan

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer
#28 : August 30, 2011, 07:54:43 PM

Bucko40

Hall of Famer
#29 : August 30, 2011, 08:13:31 PM

There is a difference in filing a 19k seat arena and a 68k stadium. But still it does come down to perception. The Bucs are not marketing their team to sell tickets. One or two key free agents would have infused some more excitement about this young team.

The Bucs missed the playoffs last year because they failed to add depth at DE and DB in FA. You only get so many chances to make the playoffs. I understand the Bucs Philosophy but it hasn't won over it's fan base. 
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 7
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Week One a sell out? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools