Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Best QB from 2009 class « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5

WelsherBuc

Rookie

#15 : August 31, 2011, 08:12:34 AM

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-network-total-access/09000d5d821d762f/Best-QB-from-2009-class?module=HP11_content_stream

One picks Sanchez other picks Stafford...
There's no shame in being the third best QB of that class.  After all, Stafford and Sanchez weren't available to the Bucs, just like with Suh.   

Zsnore

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Pro Bowler
#16 : August 31, 2011, 08:15:56 AM

^^Yeah so you would trade Sanchez for Freeman then?

This is what I think about the Glazers being cheap...

JavaRay

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

#17 : August 31, 2011, 08:22:35 AM

Would you trade 2 playoff years for a 3-13 year and a 1 win against a team with a winning record year?

Zsnore

Pro Bowler
#18 : August 31, 2011, 08:30:00 AM

You KNOW for a FACT Gruden didn't inherit the mess Raheem did. Its a no argument cause it should be a no brainer. Gruden also had a much longer time here to make those 2 runs. Its still 10-6 it was undeniably playoff caliber football from MY team last year. Yeah we didn't beat ATL, and? We came DAMN close, that is an incredible jump from 3-13! You like pre season so much, tell me... You seen the Dline? They look monsterish! That was a HUGE complaint coming out of last season... Why cant you tone down the negativ-o-tee meter and sincerely get behind a team you claim to have invested so much into?

JavaRay

Hall of Famer

#19 : August 31, 2011, 08:32:45 AM

The jump isn't from 3-13.  That was a throw away year.   Raheem inherited a 9-7 team that beat multiple playoff teams in 2008 but missed the playoffs.    Not a 3-13 team.   Was it a jump from 9-7 with multiple wins against playoff teams to go 10-6 against the weakest schedule in team history where the opponent's starting QB was out almost every week?

buchead

Hall of Famer

#20 : August 31, 2011, 09:00:20 AM

Java you are getting owned in this thread so bad that you came up with that ridiculous response. Also you are welsherbuc...... No?

Detrimental

Hall of Famer

#21 : August 31, 2011, 09:00:37 AM

The jump isn't from 3-13.  That was a throw away year.   Raheem inherited a 9-7 team that beat multiple playoff teams in 2008 but missed the playoffs.    Not a 3-13 team.   Was it a jump from 9-7 with multiple wins against playoff teams to go 10-6 against the weakest schedule in team history where the opponent's starting QB was out almost every week?
Wrong. Most if not all the starters on that 2008 team are no longer in the NFL. So I'm not sure how anyone can insinuate that theory when clearly in '10 we had....

Freeman, Blount, Williams, Strougther, Benn, Winslow was not "inherited". Most of the defense last year was inheirted by a coach that couldn't draft worth a damn.

Zsnore

Pro Bowler
#22 : August 31, 2011, 09:17:59 AM

3-13 year was the year we cleansed ourselves of garbage and transitioned into a whole new EVERYTHING. And acting like a baby as you do, and bringing the negative spin into every argument makes you a sellout, im sorry, if your cool with being a sellout on the Bucs thats your prerogative. Just realize others don't care about your silly little anguish over the team. Its all bull**CENSORED** and you know it. With every new quarter over the last 3 years, especially during the months leading and during the football season EVERY last complaint you and you 10 or so clones(and the fansthat sold out that don't browse here) floating around this board has been abolished into a NON-argument. 3-13, turns in 10-6... No QB turns into 1 starter with nice back-ups. No WR's turn into possibly the deepest position. Swiss Cheese dline turns into 2nd in the preseason in sacks. Cadillac with flat, well LG will knock that out. Gaitors looks like he can play, isn't that the plan?... Drafting well? Is there NO history here of DRAFTING WELL. I guess now is your chance to bring up the oline right?

JavaRay

Hall of Famer

#23 : August 31, 2011, 11:05:54 AM

Freeman, Blount, Williams, Strougther, Benn, Winslow was not "inherited".

Of course not, they weren't on the team in 2008.   What's your point?

TBayXXXVII

Hall of Famer

#24 : August 31, 2011, 11:32:40 AM

Actually, in 2010 Freeman was T-5th with 10 passes over 40+ yards

9 of those were 1 yard passes over the middle where the receiver ran over 40 yards after the catch.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but:

1) Panthers game. Throw to Winslow after breaking 2 would be sacks. No YAC.

2) Steelers game. Short pass to Graham, mostly YAC.

3) Cardinals game. Deep TD to WIlliams, no YAC.

4) Cardinals game. Deep TD to Benn, no YAC.

5) Falcons game. Intermediate pass to Williams. Mostly YAC.

6) Falcons game. Deep pass to Spurlock, little to no YAC.

7) Redskins game. Deep pass to Benn, maybe half of it YAC.

8) Redskins game. Deep pass to Benn. No Yac.

9) Redskins game. Deep pass to Winslow, maybe 10 yards YAC.

10) Saints game. Deep pass to Briscoe, maybe half in YAC.

You know what this tells me?  It tells me that Freeman isn't a very good deep ball passer.  Now, I'd have to look deeper into these passes, but on the surface I see a guy who is throwing the ball at the receiver and giving him limited - to - no oppertunity to advance the ball.  Instead he should be throwing to a spot and having the receiving go and get it.  Like I said, I'll go and look to get more info on these passes to get the whole story, but good QB's lead their receivers, not throw the ball at them.

TBayXXXVII

Hall of Famer

#25 : August 31, 2011, 11:33:49 AM

Back on topic.  Sanchez is the worst of the 3... any idiot can see that.  I still need to see more from Stafford and Freeman to decide between the 2.

1sparkybuc

Hall of Famer
#26 : August 31, 2011, 11:35:57 AM

If the Bucs had drafted Sanchez Suh would be a Buccaneer right now, and would have drafted in the top 10 this year. If the Jets had drafted Freeman they would have, at the very least, appeared in one SB. Enough said. Java is very selective with his facts. He completely ignores that Freeman posted a far superior QB rating with the YOUNGEST team in the league, while Sanchez was very average on a very talented and veteran roster that had previous playoff experience. Sanchez also had two full years of preparation as a starter.

jerseybucsfan

Hall of Famer
#27 : August 31, 2011, 12:08:38 PM

Sanchez has won the most playoff games. That means SOMETHING.
Let's say the following happens career-wise: Stafford 15 years, injury plagued for five of them. Makes it to five Pro Bowls, five playoff appearances, a couple of playoff wins.
Freeman 15 years. Mostly healthy. Wins more games than Stafford but only three Pro Bowls, four or five playoff appearances, a couple of playoff wins.
Sanchez 12 years, mostly healthy. Wins two Super Bowls, but has up and down career otherwise. No Pro Bowls, though he is close in this two big years.
Which would you rather have? I'll take Sanchez's career. Would you have rather had Phil Simms or Dan Fouts? Sonny Jurgensen or Joe Namath?

In Verner We Trust

MUSCLE_HAMSTER

Hall of Famer
#28 : August 31, 2011, 12:22:58 PM

Sanchez has won the most playoff games. That means SOMETHING.
Let's say the following happens career-wise: Stafford 15 years, injury plagued for five of them. Makes it to five Pro Bowls, five playoff appearances, a couple of playoff wins.
Freeman 15 years. Mostly healthy. Wins more games than Stafford but only three Pro Bowls, four or five playoff appearances, a couple of playoff wins.
Sanchez 12 years, mostly healthy. Wins two Super Bowls, but has up and down career otherwise. No Pro Bowls, though he is close in this two big years.
Which would you rather have? I'll take Sanchez's career. Would you have rather had Phil Simms or Dan Fouts? Sonny Jurgensen or Joe Namath?
You just threw out a completely hypothetical situation.

Lets say Sanchez never improves and is the reason why the Jets never win a Super Bowl
Stafford is never injured again and becomes the 2nd coming of Peyton Manning, winning a lot of games, but only 1 Superbowl
Freeman goes on to *lead* (not what Sanchez is doing) the Bucs to multiple playoff wins and Superbowl appearances, winning 2 rings

Which would you rather have? Whats the point of my post? Whats the point of yours? How many more question marks can I use?

CTBuc

Second String

#29 : August 31, 2011, 12:36:12 PM

I think the best QB of the 09 draft is Curtis Painter hes just suck in Mannings shadow.

Page: 1 2 3 4 5
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Best QB from 2009 class « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools