Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Best QB from 2009 class « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5

jerseybucsfan

Hall of Famer
#30 : August 31, 2011, 12:48:08 PM

LGB, it's all hypothetical, isn't it? You often see what you want to see too. Sam Bradford was 25th in QB rating (29th under the new system). He was 31st in YPA. But the Rams improved by six games and he was the QB and top pick overall so he got MOST of the credit. Forget that the Rams were going to be a game or two better anyway (you don't win one game a year every year). Forget that the defense actually improved more. You don't see Laurinaitis on ESPN all the time. You see Bradford.
But getting back to Sanchez. The Jets may not have won two years ago because of him, but it's tough to make that argument for last year. Then again I'm sure some Jets fan will look at a boxscore 20 years from now and twist what really happened.

In Verner We Trust

DailyRich

Pro Bowler

#31 : August 31, 2011, 12:48:48 PM

Would you trade 2 playoff years for a 3-13 year and a 1 win against a team with a winning record year?

Would that trade also come with the Jets' defense?  Because that's the reason they made the playoffs the last two years.

JavaRay

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

#32 : August 31, 2011, 12:51:24 PM

Due to Rex Ryan being a better defensive coach than Raheem.

nubcake

Hall of Famer

#33 : August 31, 2011, 01:01:08 PM

Sanchez has won the most playoff games. That means SOMETHING.
Let's say the following happens career-wise: Stafford 15 years, injury plagued for five of them. Makes it to five Pro Bowls, five playoff appearances, a couple of playoff wins.
Freeman 15 years. Mostly healthy. Wins more games than Stafford but only three Pro Bowls, four or five playoff appearances, a couple of playoff wins.
Sanchez 12 years, mostly healthy. Wins two Super Bowls, but has up and down career otherwise. No Pro Bowls, though he is close in this two big years.
Which would you rather have? I'll take Sanchez's career. Would you have rather had Phil Simms or Dan Fouts? Sonny Jurgensen or Joe Namath?

Who would I rather have? I'd rather have Freeman, because if a mediocre QB like Sanchez is able to win 2 Super Bowls anyways, it's clear that the team he's surrounded by is much better than ours and thus if we had him instead of Freeman we'd get completely massacred.

Stop being a moron and acting like you can just isolate the wins of a QB and use nothing but that stat to compare him to other QBs. You sound like one of those archaic baseball fans who think pitchers with the best W-L record should win the Cy Young every year. The sad thing is that unlike Java, I think you actually believe the drivel you post, so since you're intent on isolating QBs let's play a little game...I'll call it Mark Sanchez vs Alex Smith:

Sanchez: 54.8%, 17 TD, 13 INT, 75.3 passer rating
Smith: 59.6%, 14 TD, 10 INT, 82.1 passer rating.

Hmm...that's a bit odd. Well, I'm sure Sanchez had a worse supporting cast that put all the pressure on him to perform:

Jets: 4th in NFL in rushing(2,374 yards), top o-line and pass blocking o-line in the NFL(http://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2011/07/13/2010-offensive-line-rankings-%E2%80%93-part-2/), 3rd ranked defense in the NFL.

49ers: 19th in NFL in rushing(1,657 yards), 24th ranked pass blocking o-line in the NFL(http://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2011/07/13/2010-offensive-line-rankings-%E2%80%93-part-2/), 13th ranked defense in the NFL.

Wow...uh, well uh, Sanchez must have had no one to throw to!

Sanchez' targets: Holmes, Edwards, Cotchery, Keller
Smith's targets: Crabtree, Morgan, Walker, Davis

...okay that's...well, Sanchez is more clutch!!!

Sanchez passer rating in the 4th quarter: 66.7
Smith passer rating in the 4th quarter: 78.5

WelsherBuc

Rookie

#34 : August 31, 2011, 01:15:32 PM

That goes without saying.  Ryan has never been last in the league at anything.  Heemy in only two years has been last at both run defense and sacks generated.

BucsBay

Hall of Famer
#35 : August 31, 2011, 01:20:43 PM

Why don't you go ask Jet fans who they'd rather have?

1sparkybuc

Hall of Famer
#36 : August 31, 2011, 01:24:40 PM

NO......due to the talent and EXPERIENCE on the Jets overall. Again I say that if Sanchez had been drafted by the Bucs, the Bucs would have been able to draft Suh last year, AND they would have had a top 10 pick this year. Sanchez could not do what Freeman did with the YOUNGEST team in the league. Put Freeman on the Jets and they would not be talking about the SBs they couldn't get to the last two years.

And Rex Ryan could not have coached the Bucs to 10 wins last year. His success is also dependent on the talent and EXPERIENCE on his roster.

JavaRay

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

#37 : August 31, 2011, 01:26:47 PM

Agreed.  Ryan wouldn't have coached the Bucs to 10 wins last year, he would have won 12 and made the playoffs.

WelsherBuc

Rookie

#38 : August 31, 2011, 01:29:57 PM

Agreed.  Ryan wouldn't have coached the Bucs to 10 wins last year, he would have won 12 and made the playoffs.
Have you seen a list of the QBs the Bucs faced last year?  Cam Cameron would have won at least 11 games with that schedule.

BucsFTW

Hall of Famer

#39 : August 31, 2011, 02:18:02 PM

It' so sad Java / ingey / welcher / "a poster to be named later"...

Do you really think folks here are so blind (or ignorant) that they can't see it's YOU, creating alteregos, just so you can see eye-to-eye with yourself?

Like I said... Sad.  Seek help.

Don't even make me expose you for your plagiaristic crap in your take on Luke Stocker.   ;)

So transparent...

nubcake

Hall of Famer

#40 : August 31, 2011, 03:07:26 PM

Rex Ryan would have led us to 4 wins because he was the moron who picked Sanchez over Freeman in the draft ;)

DailyRich

Pro Bowler

#41 : August 31, 2011, 04:45:40 PM

Congratulations!  You've moved the goal posts!  Here's a cookie!

MadeInCanada

Second String

#42 : August 31, 2011, 05:08:41 PM

Sanchez has had soo much help its rediculous. The only reason he gets more popularity is because he plays for a team loaded with load mouths and a stacked D. Sanchez would not be able to carry a team on his back with 3 rookie recievers last year like Freeman did. The stats speak for themself, Freeman killed it. Sanchez is lucky he has a D that will get him the ball back taking away pressure on him to carry an offense. If Freeman was on that team they would have made superbowl. The only thing Rex Ryan got in Sanchez is a dirty one.
: August 31, 2011, 05:10:48 PM MadeInCanada

ingey1968

Starter

#43 : August 31, 2011, 05:15:27 PM

If need be, i will take a pic of my license right now and prove i am not java. lol. I live nowhere near Florida. just amused at the dumbass's here  and trying to educate you fools

It' so sad Java / ingey / welcher / "a poster to be named later"...

Do you really think folks here are so blind (or ignorant) that they can't see it's YOU, creating alteregos, just so you can see eye-to-eye with yourself?

Like I said... Sad.  Seek help.

Don't even make me expose you for your plagiaristic crap in your take on Luke Stocker.   ;)

So transparent...

ingey1968

Starter

#44 : August 31, 2011, 05:17:10 PM

I actually dont like Sanchez at all but he has won playoff games. thats the bottom line. There are some who say Aikman was a product of his team around him but guess what, He is in the HOF
Page: 1 2 3 4 5
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Best QB from 2009 class « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools