Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Year 2 breakout Buc candidate « previous next »
Page: 1

NotDeadYet

Hall of Famer

: June 02, 2014, 02:27:03 PM

William Gholston is viewed by one longtime NFL scout as a strong candidate.   http://tbo.com/sports/blogs/bucs-report/nfl-scout-expects-big-things-from-de-gholston-20140602/
    I could also see him inside in the event Clayborn does better at LDE than McDonald as a fulltime DT...

CalcuttaRain

Hall of Famer
#1 : June 02, 2014, 02:31:35 PM

let's hope so

Show the bravest of the brave kids that you have their back.  Go to http://www.childrenscancercenter.org/

Just check out the site or maybe like them on Facebook . .  or Share the site on Facebook, re-tweet one of their tweets.  Not everyone can give money to support this great cause, but its easy to give 10 seconds of your time to help spread the word about The Children\\\\\\\'s Cancer Center

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#2 : June 02, 2014, 02:42:38 PM

You always expect the second year to be the year players to begin to play as well as they're ever going to play so we should be especially excited for the Bucs 2013 1st round pick to start maximizing his potential this season.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

Bschucher

Hall of Famer
#3 : June 02, 2014, 02:55:32 PM

You always expect the second year to be the year players to begin to play as well as they're ever going to play so we should be especially excited for the Bucs 2013 1st round pick to start maximizing his potential this season.

Is it ever possible that a coaching staff could be so bad for a rookie that its hard to really tell what they are truly capable of? Im excited as hell and have hope for these guys.

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#4 : June 02, 2014, 03:01:19 PM

Is it ever possible that a coaching staff could be so bad for a rookie that its hard to really tell what they are truly capable of? Im excited as hell and have hope for these guys.
I wasn't commenting on any one of the Bucs' "guys". I was making a dark joke about the player we should be most excited about, a 1st round pick going into his second season, not being on the roster.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

BucNY

Hall of Famer

#5 : June 02, 2014, 04:36:03 PM

John Banks could have a nice season. I'm looking for Barron to catch fire as well but not at his typical safety position. Barron does not fit the mold of a typical tampa 2 safety. I know we're not running the Tampa two every play but he'll need to cover in space this year and it's not a strength of his. I hope Lovie can find ways to use his unique skill set. He's a very good player but def. a tweener in my book.

\\\\\\\"This forum needs a poster like BucNY now more than ever\\\\\\\"
      - Everyone

youngone

Hall of Famer

#6 : June 02, 2014, 08:03:48 PM

Gholston and Banks would be my picks.

tmac87

Starter
#7 : June 02, 2014, 08:44:58 PM

John Banks could have a nice season. I'm looking for Barron to catch fire as well but not at his typical safety position. Barron does not fit the mold of a typical tampa 2 safety. I know we're not running the Tampa two every play but he'll need to cover in space this year and it's not a strength of his. I hope Lovie can find ways to use his unique skill set. He's a very good player but def. a tweener in my book.

I'm trying to recall some memories and the knock on Lynch was coverage too. But I honestly can't call  who could be the better saftey... Barron or Lynch? ... Barron definitely has the edge in athleticism, but it takes more than that....Obvz, I'm not saying Barron>Lynch, just potential to be and hopefully takes a big step this season.

Lets f&#(!^ do this Lovie!

NotDeadYet

Hall of Famer

#8 : June 02, 2014, 09:36:25 PM

Lynch was never much in 1-on-1, but got to be very good in zone. Very smart too, which is needed to excel at zone. Barron or Goldson need to get better in coverage, if not both. Lovie is counting on it, as Major Wright I believe is another SS.

seanbassak

Pro Bowler

#9 : June 03, 2014, 01:36:44 AM

Lynch may not have been a great coverage safety but he was very clutch, he cohld be counted on to make a big play when it was needed. Hopefully Barron can do the same!
My pick for breakout player is Gholston.

Not living, just killing time.

JasonOfthetower

Hall of Famer
#10 : June 03, 2014, 08:44:29 AM

I think Banks is in line for a much better season.

NotDeadYet

Hall of Famer

#11 : June 03, 2014, 08:51:00 AM

I remember an article on Lynch where he would diagnose plays and tell our other safety Dexter Jackson what to look for and/or where to be to stop the play. Dexter wasn't the same player without Lynch at his side. Would love to see Barron or Goldson reach that level...

Keanu Reeves

Rookie

#12 : June 03, 2014, 09:26:56 AM

Gholston will be lucky to see 500 snaps.

Banks is the obvious choice.

Whoa.
Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Year 2 breakout Buc candidate « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools