Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Freeman "ELITE" QB « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 22 23 24

Mayhem

Hall of Famer

#345 : June 02, 2014, 08:47:09 AM

It cracks me up how traumatized some people are that Java was right all along about Freeman sucking.

Let me get this right. The Buc's have NEVER....that's right NEVER drafted and developed a QB into a pro bowl and/or SB winner in franchise history and it's somehow a shock that Freeman was a bust? Java just played the odds aka 'played it safe' nothing more.

moose40

Hall of Famer
#346 : June 02, 2014, 10:06:05 AM

I think guys are just losing patience with him. Fans are hard on their QB no matter who he is. I have Pat fans who **CENSORED** about Brady and Im like **CENSORED** you guys haha. Freemans been here for 4 years and was a first rounder for us. Fans are expecting him to be able to win big games by now. I still think he needs some help to do that and I honestly never saw him as a guy who could put the team on his back and win games so my expectations werent as high. I do expect him to get better each year and I think he has gotten better this past year. Im expecting him to take another level next season. If he doesnt then we may have to find somebody new. I think fans will be dissappointed that we dont get a replacement right now but lets have some patience and hope he turns his game around this season. Its whats best for the team. It may not fit what some of you guys want but they dont care about that. They invested a 1st round pick in him and I think they will see that through. Even if you guys think you have seen enough. It aint happening!

the bold is a big reason for concern ....How much more help does a 1st round qb need? he has two legitimate receivers, a savvy veteran tight end. and a promising running back who may or may not be top 5 in the league for years to come. and his pass protection wasn't as bad as people want to make it out to be.

If Freeman was a third round pick I don't think I would be harping about him, I would think he was selected to help the team and hopefully the savior will be anointed soon. Problem is, he was supposed to be the savior, face of the franchise, and hasn't lived up to the billing. I would have said hype, but there really wasn't hype about him coming out in the draft.

I had to chuckle about the bolded part, since our new qb of the future is a third round pick, almost like I called it ;)

TBTrojan

Hall of Famer
#347 : June 02, 2014, 11:28:08 AM

It cracks me up how traumatized some people are that Java was right all along about Freeman sucking.

Let me get this right. The Buc's have NEVER....that's right NEVER drafted and developed a QB into a pro bowl and/or SB winner in franchise history and it's somehow a shock that Freeman was a bust? Java just played the odds aka 'played it safe' nothing more.
While I agree with your point didn't Dilfer make a Pro Bowl as a Buc?

Mayhem

Hall of Famer

#348 : June 02, 2014, 11:34:04 AM

Yea once with a QB rating of 82.8. The poor guy couldn't get back there even a SB win. No idea how they let him in but David couldn't get in last year. Freeman made the Pro Bowl as an Alt so the I don't put much stock in a one hit wonder like Freeman or Dilfer. I hope Tampa can produce a perennial QB winner once before I die. Maybe one who stands a chance as a future HoF candidate.
: June 02, 2014, 11:37:12 AM Mayhem

Stoney

Second String

#349 : June 02, 2014, 08:46:52 PM

Yes.   But Dilfer was a baller.

Pewter Pirate

Pro Bowler
#350 : June 02, 2014, 10:10:20 PM

It's funny how Stoney likes to pretend that Java hated Freeman. Java always lovingly posted the Michael Jackson Freeman photo.  That Java guy was in love with Freeman.  It was embarrassing.

EvansUptheGut

Second String

#351 : June 03, 2014, 06:45:41 AM

Matt Schaub has thrown for 9140 yards and 53 TDs in the last two years. How is he over rated?

Sage Rosefeld put up numbers in that offense when Shaub was out. I'm not saying that Shaub is bad, just that he isn't a top 10 QB in the league. Is anyone going to tell me they would take Shaub over Freeman? or that the Bucs would stand a chance in hell at making the playoffs with Shaub at QB? If you can't say that, then why rate him above Freeman?

Not a fair question. Freeman is our franchise QB. I wouldn't trade him for anyone.

Secondly, Schaub is 30. So no I wouldn't want him anyways.

I do agree that I wouldn't want Schaub.   I would not call Freeman a franchise QB.
Page: 1 ... 22 23 24
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Freeman "ELITE" QB « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools