Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Freeman "ELITE" QB « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 22

JavaRay

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

#60 : October 10, 2011, 02:37:43 AM

I hated Big Ben before Freeman was even in the league.

JavaRay

Hall of Famer

#61 : October 11, 2011, 01:37:38 AM

Pretty impressive how a new coach has turned Alex Smith from a bust to a star.

blackthoughtz

Starter

#62 : October 11, 2011, 01:48:34 AM

Hmmmm werent you saying this about a certain Denver coach as well?

\\\"Never argue with a fool; onlookers may not be able to tell the difference.\\\"

Benchwarmer#1

Hall of Famer

#63 : October 11, 2011, 01:51:52 AM

Alex Smith is a "star" about as much as you're not a troll.

A lot of people thought JH was a good coach, it's why they signed him. So, "duh" man.

Blame Rah all you want for being who he is, just remember one thing, the Glazers went cheap and hired him. Your anger, or dislike, or whatever you call it is aimed in the wrong direction.

JavaRay

Hall of Famer

#64 : October 11, 2011, 02:13:26 AM

When have I ever said anything good about the Glazers?   LOL!   

Fact is that the chance of them being replaced is zero.   I do mention that I would like to see them sell the team, but I rarely mention that since it's not likely to happen.

GoldsonAges

Hall of Famer

#65 : October 11, 2011, 04:35:00 AM

I can't tell if you're talking about Harbaugh, or Morris. After the Buc's game, Alex Smith is now the #2 ranked QB in the NFC. Ahead of Brees, Manning, and Stafford. Only Aaron Rodgers has a better QB rating in the NFC.

1 A. Rodgers GB  122.9
2 A. Smith SF  104.1 
3 E. Manning NYG  102.3
4 D. Brees NO  102.3 
5 M. Stafford Det  101.4 
6 T. Romo Dal  92.9
7 M. Vick Phi  85.3 
8 C. Newton Car  84.3 
9 J. Cutler Chi  82.7 
10 T. Jackson Sea  81.0
11 D. McNabb Min  80.0
12 M. Ryan Atl  79.9 
13 R. Grossman Was  78.7 
14 K. Kolb Ari  77.2 
15 J. Freeman 74.1

I think we can put this conversation to rest now. Freeman is not an "elite" QB yet. Alex Smith....is debatable.

Mike Glennon
6\' 7\" 220 pounds.
6\' 6\" 210
6\' 5\" 200
6\' 4\" 190 6\' 3\" 180 6\' 2\" 170 6\' 1\" 160  6\' 0\" 150 How does he compare to your favorite QB?

alldaway

Hall of Famer
#66 : October 11, 2011, 12:38:13 PM

Smith isn't elite he is a product of a system.  Instead of the WR's and QB making decisions on how to attack a blitz, in Harbaugh's system they allow only Smith alone to make the decision. Harbaugh has simplified it and made the offense seem much more crisper and efficient.

This is what plagues the Bucs with their motions and shifts.  Motions and shifts are supposed to give the QB an idea of how the defense is aligned, bu it is clear that Olson's hot route on a blitz is a RB out of the backfield?  Meanwhile, in Harbaugh's offense, it is a WR that is attacking behind a soft zone...one has an offensive system designed to go for the jugular and while the other takes the scraps that are given.

JavaRay

Hall of Famer

#67 : October 12, 2011, 02:19:52 AM

You don't think it's just that Alex Smith is a smarter QB than Freeman and knows where to go with the ball and doesn't stare down receivers?

PewterG@tor

Starter
#68 : October 12, 2011, 05:21:20 AM

You don't think it's just that Alex Smith is a smarter QB than Freeman and knows where to go with the ball and doesn't stare down receivers?

I've heard a few times that Alex Smith is pretty damned smart and scored 40 on the Wonderlic, however to say that he doesn't stare down receivers is idiotic. Just a sample game out of 16 from last year is the game vs the Saints. I saw that dude stare down receivers all game long. He had 2 INTs and several more were dropped.  Try again please because it's Harbaugh's system that has Smith so improved.  Don't worry though, he'll show his true colors come crunch time in the last 1/4 of the season.  You can't coach clutch and heart when the pressure is on.

TBayXXXVII

Hall of Famer

#69 : October 12, 2011, 10:50:15 AM

I'm thinking that Alex Smith is a pretty decent QB who's had terrible coaching.  Now that he's got real/quality coaching, we're seeing an instant upgrade in his performance.  I think over the course of the season that we could see a significantly better QB that started the season.  Still though, I'm not so sure he'll end up being a top 8 QB... but he'll definitly be top 15 which is about 10+ spots better than what he's been.

TBayXXXVII

Hall of Famer

#70 : October 12, 2011, 10:55:07 AM

Smith isn't elite he is a product of a system.
Try again please because it's Harbaugh's system that has Smith so improved.

Many people have said that Joe Montana and Tom Brady are system QB's, and they are 2 of the 10 best to ever play in the NFL.  No, I don't think that Alex Smith will be a top 10 all-time QB now that Harbaugh is there, but it's rediculous to lable him a "system QB" to discredit him.  You don't think it's possible that what we are seeing in Alex Smith is what could have happened to Joe Montana or Tom Brady had they been in the "wrong system"?  Before you laugh, remember... Alex Smith was a consensus 1st round / top 10 pick.... Montana and Brady were not!

CBWx2

Hall of Famer

#71 : October 12, 2011, 12:27:01 PM

Smith isn't elite he is a product of a system.
Try again please because it's Harbaugh's system that has Smith so improved.

Many people have said that Joe Montana and Tom Brady are system QB's, and they are 2 of the 10 best to ever play in the NFL.  No, I don't think that Alex Smith will be a top 10 all-time QB now that Harbaugh is there, but it's rediculous to lable him a "system QB" to discredit him.  You don't think it's possible that what we are seeing in Alex Smith is what could have happened to Joe Montana or Tom Brady had they been in the "wrong system"?  Before you laugh, remember... Alex Smith was a consensus 1st round / top 10 pick.... Montana and Brady were not!

I agree with this. People also need not forget how Steve Young went from a 1st overall pick to a consensus bust to a perennial pro bowler and HOF'er as a result of a system.

Another interesting fact, Steve Young was 29 when he became the starting QB in San Fran. Alex Smith is 27.
: October 12, 2011, 12:31:49 PM CBWx2

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#72 : October 12, 2011, 12:40:53 PM

He is still 23. Whether or not hes a bust or an elite qb is still up in the air for me.

JavaRay

Hall of Famer

#73 : October 12, 2011, 01:11:19 PM

Exactly.   People saying he's already elite are nut cases.

JavaRay

Hall of Famer

#74 : October 13, 2011, 03:24:28 AM

If there were a humor section of this forum, this thread would belong there.   Freeman Elite?   LOL!

Page: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 22
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Freeman "ELITE" QB « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools