Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Freeman "ELITE" QB « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 22

WelsherBuc

Rookie

#30 : September 01, 2011, 09:36:11 AM

Schaub's a guy any coach in the NFL would be happy to have, but he's not top 10 on a list of QB's.  Solid player.
Neither is Freeman.  I'd put him just above Cassel.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#31 : September 01, 2011, 09:42:54 AM

Schaub doesn't get love because despite his amazing performances the last two years, the Texans defense is so bad they can't make the play offs. If they had a better defense and were in the playoffs every year, people would be giving him the credit he deserves.

Some of you guys want to put young guys ahead of him, like Freeman, but you are talking about guys that have looked promising and have great POTENTIAL. Schaub has actually put together back to back elite seasons. If he isn't top ten, please list me the 10 QBs that have had better seasons over the last two years.

Draft Aaron Donald

BucsBay

Hall of Famer
#32 : September 01, 2011, 09:43:51 AM

Matt Schaub has thrown for 9140 yards and 53 TDs in the last two years. How is he over rated?

Sage Rosefeld put up numbers in that offense when Shaub was out. I'm not saying that Shaub is bad, just that he isn't a top 10 QB in the league. Is anyone going to tell me they would take Shaub over Freeman? or that the Bucs would stand a chance in hell at making the playoffs with Shaub at QB? If you can't say that, then why rate him above Freeman?

Not a fair question. Freeman is our franchise QB. I wouldn't trade him for anyone.

Secondly, Schaub is 30. So no I wouldn't want him anyways.

With that said, using the offensive scheme as an excuse for his success is lame. Sage Rosenfels didn't put up sh!t in Houston. He sucked. Look at his stats. 24 TDs and 23 Ints with just over 3k yards in 19 games over three seasons.....yuck.

Schaub's 9140 yards and 53 TDs in two seasons doesn't happen by accident or from luck. Schaub has developed into a helluva QB and is very underrated.

I'm not talking about for a career. I'm talking about this year. Who do you think would give us a better chance to contend Shaub or Freeman? Who do you think would give Houston a better chance? It's not like Schaub is reading the whole field in that offense or having to scramble and make plays under pressure like Freeman. They have the best ground game, and the best WR in the league. They have a great scheme. Freeman's ability to run, take a hit, and his arm strength would put that team over the top.

BucsBay

Hall of Famer
#33 : September 01, 2011, 09:44:23 AM

Schaub's a guy any coach in the NFL would be happy to have, but he's not top 10 on a list of QB's.  Solid player.

Why can't you just post under 1 account? Get a life.

TBayXXXVII

Hall of Famer

#34 : September 01, 2011, 09:44:54 AM

1. Tom Brady
2. Peyton Manning
3. Drew Brees
4. Philip Rivers
5. Aaron Rodgers
6. Roethlisberger
7. Tony Romo
8. Matt Schaub
9. Jay Cutler
10. Sam Bradford
11. Matthew Stafford
12. Eli Manning
13. Matt Cassel
14. Josh Freeman
15. Michael Vick
16. Matt Ryan
17. Kevin Kolb
18. Kyle Orton
19. Joe Flacco
20. Matt Hasselbeck
21. Donovan McNabb
22. Ryan Fitzpatrick
23. Colt McCoy
24. Jason Campbell
25. Mark Sanchez
26. Chad Henne
27. David Garrard
28. John Beck
29. Alex Smith
30. Tarvaris Jackson

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#35 : September 01, 2011, 09:45:21 AM

Because he knows we can only ignore one user at a time....

Draft Aaron Donald

WelsherBuc

Rookie

#36 : September 01, 2011, 09:46:49 AM

Explain how Freeman is 13 QBs above Cassel on your list when they are virtually the same statistically?

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#37 : September 01, 2011, 09:52:58 AM

I had Freeman 7 and Shaub 12. Schaub clearly has better statistics, they're not even, but my eyes clearly tell me Freeman is a better football player.

Freeman is only 23 and will probably be the better QB (hopefully) but that is just opinion and hope. Right now the fact is Schaub is the better QB. Not hating on Free. It's just fact.

Draft Aaron Donald

BucsBay

Hall of Famer
#38 : September 01, 2011, 09:54:04 AM

Explain how Freeman is 13 QBs above Cassel on your list when they are virtually the same statistically?

I'm going to be honest that I haven't watched Cassel play much, so I may have him underrated, but when I have seen him I haven't been all that impressed. Seems like a system QB, kind of like Shaub.

BucsBay

Hall of Famer
#39 : September 01, 2011, 09:55:38 AM

I had Freeman 7 and Shaub 12. Schaub clearly has better statistics, they're not even, but my eyes clearly tell me Freeman is a better football player.

Freeman is only 23 and will probably be the better QB (hopefully) but that is just opinion and hope. Right now the fact is Schaub is the better QB. Not hating on Free. It's just fact.

I think it's your opinion, but that's fine. Mine is that even though Schaub may have better statistics in a better offense, Freeman is the better QB.
: September 01, 2011, 09:57:39 AM BucsPirate1

TBayXXXVII

Hall of Famer

#40 : September 01, 2011, 09:56:20 AM

I'm going to be honest that I haven't watched Cassel play much, so I may have him underrated, but when I have seen him I haven't been all that impressed. Seems like a system QB, kind of like Shaub.

A lot of people said that, that Montana guy from San Fran was a system guy too... oh yeah, and that Brady fella up in NE.  I think many of those same people have them in the Top 5 all-time.

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#41 : September 01, 2011, 09:59:33 AM

Schaub doesn't get love because despite his amazing performances the last two years, the Texans defense is so bad they can't make the play offs. If they had a better defense and were in the playoffs every year, people would be giving him the credit he deserves.

I could make a pretty easy argument that his numbers are what they are because of that crappy defense.  They were almost always playing from behind or in a shootout.

Some of you guys want to put young guys ahead of him, like Freeman, but you are talking about guys that have looked promising and have great POTENTIAL. Schaub has actually put together back to back elite seasons. If he isn't top ten, please list me the 10 QBs that have had better seasons over the last two years.

Well yeah, there are young guys I'd put ahead of Schaub if I were to pick a guy to QB my team for the next 7-10 years.  Freeman and Bradford obviously don't have the numbers Schaub does the last two seasons, but their ceilings are much, much higher than Schaub's.

Again, I'm not bashing Schaub.  But he's not even the 1st or 2nd best player in his own offense.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#42 : September 01, 2011, 09:59:42 AM

Matt Cassell is Freeman's equal when it comes to throwing stats. The reason they are not equal overall is because Freeman is only 23 years old and has started 23 games while Cassell is 30 years old and has started 60 games. Plus Freeman is huge and shakes off would be sackers all the time. He was the second leading rushing QB behind only Vick last year while Cassel is not much of a threat running the ball and gets sacked often.
: September 01, 2011, 10:01:47 AM JDouble

Draft Aaron Donald

BucsBay

Hall of Famer
#43 : September 01, 2011, 10:00:57 AM

A lot of people said that, that Montana guy from San Fran was a system guy too... oh yeah, and that Brady fella up in NE.  I think many of those same people have them in the Top 5 all-time.

So a good follow up question to that would be who is the better QB? Montana with his four Superbowl wins? or Elway with his 2? I'd say Elway, and that switch their teams and Elway may have won even more than 4 while Montana may not have won any.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#44 : September 01, 2011, 10:02:56 AM

The "system" is such a lame excuse. If it's just the system then why doesn't every team run the Texans system and have 4500 yards passing each year?

Draft Aaron Donald

Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 22
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Freeman "ELITE" QB « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools