Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Freeman "ELITE" QB « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 16 17 18 19 20 ... 24

Hate

Hall of Famer
#255 : February 06, 2013, 03:12:57 PM

Good for chace but my point still stands. Nobody really gave Flacco a chance to do this. Rightfully so. He hasnt been anything close to elite until this playoffs. This is his 5th playoff year in a row and they always said Flacco held the team back. Not this year. Its possible things could change.

The guy has been in the playoffs every season of his career & was a dropped Lee Evans pass away from being in the Superbowl last year.
Then why did he have six games this season where he didn't throw for 200 yards, five where he didn't throw for 55%, and eight where he didn't throw for more than 1 TD? Shouldn't a QB of that caliber do better than that?

He's inconsistant, much like Joshua. Difference is, he plays big in big games.

Put him on this team and Im sure we see very similar results. Dont tell me Flacco did all of that himself. Try to tell me he put that team on his back and won it all himself. He didnt. That is a veteran team. He also had a bunch of experience and has made a bunch of mistakes but hes also improved on them. Its not impossible to do that. If Flacco can do that Freeman can.

11 tds/0 ints..... best ever!!

-------------------------------------------------------

I thought Lovie said he wanted quickness & speed, even at the QB position?

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#256 : February 06, 2013, 03:17:58 PM

Rehashed excuse #62.

Good QBs make the people around them look good.
So it's Freeman's fault the entire team quit on its unqualified coach who lost the trust of all the players?

^Excuse #63^
This was a yes or no question.

I'll answer your question this way:
If your Freeman is the unquestioned leader of the team and has the ear of all his teammates, then yes, it's Freeman's fault because he didn't lead his team through diversity.  Did he need to win 12 games?  No.  But they were 4-2 when the collapse started... 8-8 would have been acceptable.

If Freeman isn't the leader... then you need to go get one.
So a true leader would have carried Raheem Morris around for the rest of his career?

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

CBWx2

Hall of Famer

#257 : February 06, 2013, 03:20:55 PM

BTW, if you've seen Flacco play at all in more than just the playoffs this season then you would know that this:

"My issue with him is he hasn't shown the ability to improve basic flaws. good/great/elite qb's grow, learn, improve, whereas Freeman seems to stay complacent."

Is an idiotic statement. Flacco looked like doggie turd in about a half a dozen games this season, and up until the playoffs, the team was still questioning whether or not he could be "the guy" there. He got a hot hand in the post season, but that doesn't mean you get to rewrite the narrative. Flacco's been a glorified game manager most of his time in the league. Anybody who's watched that guy play in more than just the playoffs this season knows as much.

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#258 : February 06, 2013, 03:37:47 PM

Good for chace but my point still stands. Nobody really gave Flacco a chance to do this. Rightfully so. He hasnt been anything close to elite until this playoffs. This is his 5th playoff year in a row and they always said Flacco held the team back. Not this year. Its possible things could change.

The guy has been in the playoffs every season of his career & was a dropped Lee Evans pass away from being in the Superbowl last year.
Then why did he have six games this season where he didn't throw for 200 yards, five where he didn't throw for 55%, and eight where he didn't throw for more than 1 TD? Shouldn't a QB of that caliber do better than that?

He's inconsistant, much like Joshua. Difference is, he plays big in big games.

Put him on this team and Im sure we see very similar results. Dont tell me Flacco did all of that himself. Try to tell me he put that team on his back and won it all himself. He didnt. That is a veteran team. He also had a bunch of experience and has made a bunch of mistakes but hes also improved on them. Its not impossible to do that. If Flacco can do that Freeman can.

11 tds/0 ints..... best ever!!

He had a great run this year and deserves a lot of credit. Without him playing that way they dont win it I admit that. He did go through a lot of trial and error to get to that point. He went through a lot of bad times and times where Im sure the fans and the team had very big doubt in him. Much like Freeman has right now. Flacco got better and improved his game. Freeman is capable of doing the same. I still think however that Flacco is and has played on a much better team than Freeman ever has. I just imagine what it would be like if our defense wasnt this bad and we had a solid team. Hes never had that. Even 2010 was a mediocre team. Flacco has played on playoff teams. Not because of him solely but because hes been on a solid team. He played well this postseason and in the AFC champ game last year when he has had to. But a team effort got him to that point. You know he wasnt this good in the reg season.

Hate

Hall of Famer
#259 : February 06, 2013, 03:43:49 PM

YOu keep speakin to me about our defense... i know it sucked. My issues with Free have nothing to do with that. I don't believe Free has the mental capacity to improve.... but that's just me

-------------------------------------------------------

I thought Lovie said he wanted quickness & speed, even at the QB position?

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#260 : February 06, 2013, 03:51:55 PM

Rehashed excuse #62.

So it's Freeman's fault the entire team quit on its unqualified coach who lost the trust of all the players?

^Excuse #63^

If your Freeman is the unquestioned leader of the team and has the ear of all his teammates, then yes, it's Freeman's fault because he didn't lead his team through diversity.  Did he need to win 12 games?  No.  But they were 4-2 when the collapse started... 8-8 would have been acceptable.

So a true leader would have carried Raheem Morris around for the rest of his career?

A true leader would have been in the face of his teammates screaming that this is not acceptable. He would have shown some fire and been unable to hide his anger in post game meetings.

Instead we got the soft spoken mumbling of a loser. He stayed quiet. He sulked a bit. He never stood up and demanded better....because it is not his team. He is not the leader. Never has been.

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#261 : February 06, 2013, 03:59:00 PM

YOu keep speakin to me about our defense... i know it sucked. My issues with Free have nothing to do with that. I don't believe Free has the mental capacity to improve.... but that's just me

Thats what it is at this point. We will have to wait and see how it goes. Either way, I just want the team to win. I dont think there is anybody that doesnt want to see that.

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#262 : February 06, 2013, 04:01:24 PM

Rehashed excuse #62.

^Excuse #63^

A true leader would have been in the face of his teammates screaming that this is not acceptable. He would have shown some fire and been unable to hide his anger in post game meetings.

Instead we got the soft spoken mumbling of a loser. He stayed quiet. He sulked a bit. He never stood up and demanded better....because it is not his team. He is not the leader. Never has been.
So why did Schiano gut the team of as many players he could determine were problems in 2011? Shouldn't he have been able to work with them and tell them what the deal was if he's a true leader? Why not dump Freeman and build with Price, Talib, Tanard Jackson, and Winslow if Freeman was the problem?

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

TBayXXXVII

Hall of Famer

#263 : February 06, 2013, 04:01:55 PM

Rehashed excuse #62.

^Excuse #63^

Carried?  No.  I'm just asking to go 4-6.  Why is that too much to ask for from a team that was just 4-2?

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#264 : February 06, 2013, 04:04:15 PM

Redskins and Colts had just as bad of defenses as we did last year. We all ranked bottom of the league. Wonder why their QBs didn't suck.....

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#265 : February 06, 2013, 04:07:50 PM

Freeman will never be elite. He has never flashed ELITE. He is replaceable.

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#266 : February 06, 2013, 04:07:51 PM

Hes just not the popular guy in town now. Flacco Im sure has been here before. Look where he is now. Freeman is not that much different than him. Just doesnt have the same experience Flacco has because he hasnt been on as good as a team.

TBayXXXVII

Hall of Famer

#267 : February 06, 2013, 04:08:10 PM

Rehashed excuse #62.

^Excuse #63^

So why did Schiano gut the team of as many players he could determine were problems in 2011? Shouldn't he have been able to work with them and tell them what the deal was if he's a true leader? Why not dump Freeman and build with Price, Talib, Tanard Jackson, and Winslow if Freeman was the problem?

I think Schiano was forced to keep Freeman... at least for last year.  I think Dominik was trying to keep his job.

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#268 : February 06, 2013, 04:10:02 PM

Rehashed excuse #62.

^Excuse #63^

I think Schiano was forced to keep Freeman... at least for last year.  I think Dominik was trying to keep his job.

You think but you dont know. Way to prove nothing.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#269 : February 06, 2013, 04:10:47 PM

Freeman is what he is. Average.

Hunt for a QB!!

No need to settle. No need to be a coward and be afraid to replace the QB who has not flashed elite talent. He has had good games. But he has had a slew of games that he singlehandedly derailed with his panic and lack if competence.

Boo! To freeman!

Page: 1 ... 16 17 18 19 20 ... 24
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Freeman "ELITE" QB « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools