Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Freeman "ELITE" QB « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 17 18 19 20 21 22

TBayXXXVII

Hall of Famer

#270 : February 06, 2013, 04:12:51 PM

YOu keep speakin to me about our defense... i know it sucked. My issues with Free have nothing to do with that. I don't believe Free has the mental capacity to improve.... but that's just me

Thats what it is at this point. We will have to wait and see how it goes. Either way, I just want the team to win. I dont think there is anybody that doesnt want to see that.
so hate, do you blame freeman for the team not making the playoffs? it seem like with every team that made the playoffs people start to ramble about those team having better QB play. Take a look at all those teams, they have a defense backing them.

I guess you're not counting Atlanta, New England, Indy, and Washington in that list?  After all, they finished 24th, 25th, 26th, & 28th respectively in team defense this past season.

TBayXXXVII

Hall of Famer

#271 : February 06, 2013, 04:14:08 PM

You think but you dont know. Way to prove nothing.

Wasn't trying to prove anything... was stating an opinion.

TBayXXXVII

Hall of Famer

#272 : February 06, 2013, 04:20:21 PM

YOu keep speakin to me about our defense... i know it sucked. My issues with Free have nothing to do with that. I don't believe Free has the mental capacity to improve.... but that's just me

Thats what it is at this point. We will have to wait and see how it goes. Either way, I just want the team to win. I dont think there is anybody that doesnt want to see that.
so hate, do you blame freeman for the team not making the playoffs? it seem like with every team that made the playoffs people start to ramble about those team having better QB play. Take a look at all those teams, they have a defense backing them.

I guess you're not counting Atlanta, New England, Indy, and Washington in that list?  After all, they finished 24th, 25th, 26th, & 28th respectively in team defense this past season.
I did, but guess what the bucs defense was a distance 32nd from the other bottom teams, look at the saints they have freaking dree brees, why didn't they make the playoffs, O i forgot brees was inconsistent also.

So basically, unless you finished last, you had a good defense?

Considering all the issues that surrounded the Saints this year, I think their season could be looked at as a success.

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#273 : February 06, 2013, 04:20:25 PM

Rehashed excuse #62.

Good QBs make the people around them look good.
So it's Freeman's fault the entire team quit on its unqualified coach who lost the trust of all the players?

^Excuse #63^
This was a yes or no question.

I'll answer your question this way:
If your Freeman is the unquestioned leader of the team and has the ear of all his teammates, then yes, it's Freeman's fault because he didn't lead his team through diversity.  Did he need to win 12 games?  No.  But they were 4-2 when the collapse started... 8-8 would have been acceptable.

If Freeman isn't the leader... then you need to go get one.
So a true leader would have carried Raheem Morris around for the rest of his career?

A true leader would have been in the face of his teammates screaming that this is not acceptable. He would have shown some fire and been unable to hide his anger in post game meetings.

Instead we got the soft spoken mumbling of a loser. He stayed quiet. He sulked a bit. He never stood up and demanded better....because it is not his team. He is not the leader. Never has been.
So why did Schiano gut the team of as many players he could determine were problems in 2011? Shouldn't he have been able to work with them and tell them what the deal was if he's a true leader? Why not dump Freeman and build with Price, Talib, Tanard Jackson, and Winslow if Freeman was the problem?

I think Schiano was forced to keep Freeman... at least for last year.  I think Dominik was trying to keep his job.
That's beside the point. The point was it was stated Freeman should have been able to hold all the problem players accountable and keep playing hard, yet as soon as the season ended the first thing Dominik and Schiano did was get rid of the problem players, proving they weren't able to win with those players.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#274 : February 06, 2013, 04:24:24 PM

I know you are asking hate, not me, but let me ask you this.

When we were 6-5 and tied for a wild card spot, then we lose four of the final five games because we scored zero points in the first half verse the crappy Eagles team led by their 3rd string QB, scored zero points (SHUTOUT) verse the Saints...who had the worst ranked defense in the entire league, and only managed 13 points verse the Rams in Raymond James stadium.....who's fault is it? Even the biggest Freepologist has to admit that in the final 5 games Freeman was awful. He was horribly inaccurate, slow to make decisions, starring his receivers down, forcing balls and not making reads. He was a deer in the headlights again.

So how is that the defenses fault? Over the last five games our defense allowed an average of 28 points, which is high due to the 41-0 drubbing the Saints put on us. The offense averaged 17.6 points per game. We scored zero points in 13 of the last 20 quarters we played.

Blame the defense all you want, but they are not the reason we missed the playoffs. The secondary certainly didn't help, but other than the Saints game, they played well enough to win. The problem was they were hung out to dry by an ineffective offense led by a spastic quarterback, that went three and out over and over and over.

Draft Aaron Donald

TBayXXXVII

Hall of Famer

#275 : February 06, 2013, 04:28:02 PM

Rehashed excuse #62.

Good QBs make the people around them look good.
So it's Freeman's fault the entire team quit on its unqualified coach who lost the trust of all the players?

^Excuse #63^
This was a yes or no question.

I'll answer your question this way:
If your Freeman is the unquestioned leader of the team and has the ear of all his teammates, then yes, it's Freeman's fault because he didn't lead his team through diversity.  Did he need to win 12 games?  No.  But they were 4-2 when the collapse started... 8-8 would have been acceptable.

If Freeman isn't the leader... then you need to go get one.
So a true leader would have carried Raheem Morris around for the rest of his career?

A true leader would have been in the face of his teammates screaming that this is not acceptable. He would have shown some fire and been unable to hide his anger in post game meetings.

Instead we got the soft spoken mumbling of a loser. He stayed quiet. He sulked a bit. He never stood up and demanded better....because it is not his team. He is not the leader. Never has been.
So why did Schiano gut the team of as many players he could determine were problems in 2011? Shouldn't he have been able to work with them and tell them what the deal was if he's a true leader? Why not dump Freeman and build with Price, Talib, Tanard Jackson, and Winslow if Freeman was the problem?

I think Schiano was forced to keep Freeman... at least for last year.  I think Dominik was trying to keep his job.
That's beside the point. The point was it was stated Freeman should have been able to hold all the problem players accountable and keep playing hard, yet as soon as the season ended the first thing Dominik and Schiano did was get rid of the problem players, proving they weren't able to win with those players.

Reasonable.  Those guys were problems, but they weren't dumped all that quickly.  Tanard wasn't released until April.  Winslow wasn't traded until May.  Price was traded in July.  Talib wasn't traded until after the season started... so it's not like they did to those guys like Detroit did with Titus Young.

TBayXXXVII

Hall of Famer

#276 : February 06, 2013, 04:30:18 PM

I did, but guess what the bucs defense was a distance 32nd from the other bottom teams, look at the saints they have freaking dree brees, why didn't they make the playoffs, O i forgot brees was inconsistent also.

Considering all the issues that surrounded the Saints this year, I think their season could be looked at as a success.
that weird, you make excuses for other teams but not for your own.

What excuses?  Those teams all ranked in the bottom 25% of the league in team defense and all made the playoffs.  There's no excuses... just facts.

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#277 : February 06, 2013, 04:47:07 PM

that weird, you make excuses for other teams but not for your own.

What excuses?  Those teams all ranked in the bottom 25% of the league in team defense and all made the playoffs.  There's no excuses... just facts.
So you're saying all you have to do to make the playoffs with a bad defense is get a QB with the #3 (Griffin), #5 (Ryan), or #6 (Brady) QB rating? Man, why didn't we think of that!

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#278 : February 06, 2013, 04:49:28 PM

Do you really need to quote the entire word pyramid each time?

Draft Aaron Donald

Hate

Hall of Famer
#279 : February 06, 2013, 04:55:04 PM

Why not dump Freeman and build with Price, Talib, Tanard Jackson, and Winslow if Freeman was the problem?

Can either of those guys play QB?

-------------------------------------------------------

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#280 : February 06, 2013, 04:55:09 PM

I know you are asking hate, not me, but let me ask you this.

When we were 6-5 and tied for a wild card spot, then we lose four of the final five games because we scored zero points in the first half verse the crappy Eagles team led by their 3rd string QB, scored zero points (SHUTOUT) verse the Saints...who had the worst ranked defense in the entire league, and only managed 13 points verse the Rams in Raymond James stadium.....who's fault is it? Even the biggest Freepologist has to admit that in the final 5 games Freeman was awful. He was horribly inaccurate, slow to make decisions, starring his receivers down, forcing balls and not making reads. He was a deer in the headlights again.

So how is that the defenses fault? Over the last five games our defense allowed an average of 28 points, which is high due to the 41-0 drubbing the Saints put on us. The offense averaged 17.6 points per game. We scored zero points in 13 of the last 20 quarters we played.

Blame the defense all you want, but they are not the reason we missed the playoffs. The secondary certainly didn't help, but other than the Saints game, they played well enough to win. The problem was they were hung out to dry by an ineffective offense led by a spastic quarterback, that went three and out over and over and over.

Well, to be fair, they also had several 4/5/6 and outs.

Hell, brees might not be as accurate as manziel.

QaZ

Pro Bowler

#281 : February 06, 2013, 04:55:13 PM

So the saints made the POs?
The Saints with a new HC, missing a few players to suspensions and injuries, a bad defense...their 7-9 is considered a success?

Our defense gives up 15 points to a rookie QB in his 2nd(?) start, finishs #32 in pass defense etc... but gets all the excuses? Excuses for Freeman are just allowed considering his 'success'.Freeman just looks good because of his weapons, racked up stats in meaningless games? Pointing out his age, the new system, the lack of suport of this team etc... is sugar coating? Not willing to get noting for Freeman after 2013 means being a Freepologist, refusing to upgrade the QB position?

TBayXXXVII

Hall of Famer

#282 : February 06, 2013, 05:03:15 PM

you are basically saying the bounty gate was the cause of the saints season turning out how it did.  that's an excuse.

Here, you tell me the last time a team had the head coach, GM, and DC suspended and/or banned in the same season and still had a good season, I'll say that the Saints stunk and Brees is a failure.

TBayXXXVII

Hall of Famer

#283 : February 06, 2013, 05:05:55 PM

So you're saying all you have to do to make the playoffs with a bad defense is get a QB with the #3 (Griffin), #5 (Ryan), or #6 (Brady) QB rating? Man, why didn't we think of that!

I don't know, why didn't you.  After all, I'd say that it's common knowledge.  If you have a bottom 10 defense, you're going to need a top 10 QB to bail you out.  I'm willing to bet that instances like this happen every year.

TBayXXXVII

Hall of Famer

#284 : February 06, 2013, 05:11:57 PM

So the saints made the POs?
The Saints with a new HC, missing a few players to suspensions and injuries, a bad defense...their 7-9 is considered a success?

Our defense gives up 15 points to a rookie QB in his 2nd(?) start, finishs #32 in pass defense etc... but gets all the excuses? Excuses for Freeman are just allowed considering his 'success'.Freeman just looks good because of his weapons, racked up stats in meaningless games? Pointing out his age, the new system, the lack of suport of this team etc... is sugar coating? Not willing to get noting for Freeman after 2013 means being a Freepologist, refusing to upgrade the QB position?

I never said the Saints made the playoffs.  All I said was that with all the chaos surrounding them, 7-9 isn't all that bad.  Considering that things could have blown up to Hades and they could have pulled a 2010 Buccaneers, yeah... 7-9 is a success.

I'm missing the point of your second paragraph.  Are you asking me those questions or are they rhetorical?
Page: 1 ... 17 18 19 20 21 22
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Freeman "ELITE" QB « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools