Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Falcon's desperate? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

JDouble

Hall of Famer
: August 31, 2011, 04:31:12 PM

Falcons signed CB Kelvin Hayden and S James Sanders today. These are vets that wouldn't be signed just as camp fodder or for special teams. I think bringing is vets this late in to the offseason is a sign they are not seeing what they want from their secondary. Does this make them any better? or does it just make them appear desperate?

Draft Aaron Donald

notabucsfan

Hall of Famer

#1 : August 31, 2011, 04:37:41 PM

IMO the Falcons really messed up by not upgraded their defense in the draft. That was their main problem but instead they basically gave it all away for one pick. These pick ups do not make them much better IMO if any better.

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#2 : August 31, 2011, 04:38:58 PM

Sanders would just be a back-up. Decoud and Moore are pretty good young safeties. Hayden doesn't project as a starter unless Robinson is injured, but could be a good addition at NCB.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

Tampa-Two

Hall of Famer

#3 : August 31, 2011, 04:41:16 PM

They went into the draft with a poor defence and traded away all their picks for a reciever.

Of course they will have to sign players on defence.

alldaway

Hall of Famer
#4 : August 31, 2011, 04:43:20 PM

Hayden and Sanders are serviceable if they are asked to be complimentary players. 

Their front seven is about speed, so they will have to try to mask any problems they have in their secondary that still is trying to find its way as a cohesive unit.

Beatles123

Hall of Famer

#5 : August 31, 2011, 04:45:13 PM

Falcon's desperate?
Yes, JDub. Yes they are, and I love it.

This space for rent....*sigh* I trusted you coach.

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#6 : August 31, 2011, 04:54:06 PM

I cant wait to play them this year. I think we can beat them. Our pass rush is better and Talib will be back in the lineup. Also I think our Offense has some score to settle too.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#7 : August 31, 2011, 05:27:01 PM

Getting ray Edwards to sure up the other side opposite John Abraham was a good move imo, but I really don't see how Julio Jones is going to make them much better. If they would have stayed put they could have taken a CB like Jimmy Smith, Aaron Williams, or Ras-I Dowling with their first and still taken Greg Little in the 2nd. I think that would have made them scary this year and they'd still have a draft next year.

Then to pass on Luke Stocker, Jordan Cameron, and Julius Thomas with their 3rd? How long do they think Tony Gonzalez is going to play? Matt Ryan and their entire offense depends on the TE so much and yet they have absolutely no depth at TE.

Horrible draft for the Falcons imo. Only smart pick was Jacquizz Rodgers in the 4th round. We'll see.
: August 31, 2011, 05:29:38 PM JDouble

Draft Aaron Donald

WelsherBuc

Rookie

#8 : August 31, 2011, 05:28:47 PM

I see them winning the South.

cyberdude558

Hall of Famer

#9 : August 31, 2011, 05:35:57 PM

They are acting like the Jets. They think they are only 1 or 2 guys away from the Super Bowl.

BucsFTW

Hall of Famer

#10 : August 31, 2011, 06:15:43 PM

I see them winning the South.
They're my pick for the NFCS too Java, and they better win it, seeing as how they mortgaged the farm similarly to the way the Saints did with Bush.

They put all their eggs into one basket - as if Julio was the missing component needed for a Superbowl...!

ingey1968

Starter

#11 : August 31, 2011, 06:19:18 PM

How is our Dline better?  pardon me if i am wrong but i Think  Ray Edwards has more career sacks then our entire line.

BucsFTW

Hall of Famer

#12 : August 31, 2011, 06:26:21 PM

How is our Dline better?  pardon me if i am wrong but i Think  Ray Edwards has more career sacks then our entire line.
Attaboy...!  Hit 'em with the old "I'll capitalize everything except my i's" thingy ingey...  That'll throw the scent off.

ingey1968

Starter

#13 : August 31, 2011, 06:33:25 PM

You never answered, Thats because i am correct.....

BucsFTW

Hall of Famer

#14 : August 31, 2011, 06:40:26 PM

You never answered, Thats because i am correct.....
You never asked a question dumbass...  Forget which thread you're posting in, AND more importantly - who you're posting as?

OOPS.

Busted.  Cancel this account, and return as Java13.1472.  They'll never figure that one out...   ;)

Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Falcon's desperate? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools