Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Youngsters Vying for Reserve Roles in Tampa Bay Buccaneers Backfield « previous next »
Page: 1 2

BucD

Hall of Famer

#15 : September 02, 2011, 12:44:34 AM

Of the Jags games I have seen...Richard Murphy (LSU) looked pretty good...same with Anthony Allen (Ravens).  Better than what we have at least.  Would be awesome if the Giants cut Da'rel Scott.  lol

Will be very interesting to see what Dom and company do.

nubcake

Hall of Famer

#16 : September 02, 2011, 01:05:11 AM

Based on current guys, I'll take Lumpkin and Madu. I'd be looking all over the waiver wire for someone else, though. It's not a good situation at all right now, and I really think we have to question not resigning Caddy. Because regardless of your opinion on him, he's much better than anyone we have now(other than Blount and Graham obviously) and that really can't be argued outside of blaming the o-line...and while they do deserve a LARGE percentage of the blame, our backup RBs really haven't shown the ability to run well when they have gotten those rare holes.

Tracktion

Second String

#17 : September 02, 2011, 02:32:15 AM

Based on current guys, I'll take Lumpkin and Madu. I'd be looking all over the waiver wire for someone else, though. It's not a good situation at all right now, and I really think we have to question not resigning Caddy. Because regardless of your opinion on him, he's much better than anyone we have now(other than Blount and Graham obviously) and that really can't be argued outside of blaming the o-line...and while they do deserve a LARGE percentage of the blame, our backup RBs really haven't shown the ability to run well when they have gotten those rare holes.

Ok so, why did they let Caddy go? Wasn't over money he signed dirt cheap as a backup. Wasn't age. Wasn't lacking in much IMO. I'll get flamed for this idea i'm sure but hear me out. We need a back who can provide a vet presence (which yes i think Graham give, but we need him as the 2nd FB), with good field vision and a decent pass catcher/protector. Clinton Portis would give us all of that. He is only 30 so we could get a year out of him. Is he worth a workout to see? I don't think he has averaged under 4 yards a carry in his career.

BuccaNova

Starter
#18 : September 02, 2011, 03:54:49 AM

The backfield didn't impress much tonight except Madu a little, but Clinton Portis is breaking down, doesn't like to practice, has a bad attitude, runs behind the coaches to the owners or the GM, or whoever he thinks will get him out of practice, and in general is a cancer of the sort we do not particularly need. Let's leave Southeast Jerome and Dr. Do-Itch-Big wherever they currently are. My 2.

Bucman

Hall of Famer
#19 : September 02, 2011, 03:59:53 AM

Bradford is god awful. How in the world did he get recruited by USC. I wouldn't even waste a PS spot on him.

Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Youngsters Vying for Reserve Roles in Tampa Bay Buccaneers Backfield « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools