Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Looks like Ahmad Black is history .... « previous next »
Page: 1 2

richbucsfan

Starter

: September 02, 2011, 06:57:29 AM

He became a ghost after the New England game.  I wish him well ...

BTownBucFan

Hall of Famer
#1 : September 02, 2011, 07:16:29 AM

He didn't play in the NE game.  You mean KC right?  He's been hurt and in a boot til earlier this week.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#2 : September 02, 2011, 07:35:50 AM

He has been hurt and hasn't played....so it makes sense you haven't noticed him. He'll go to the practice squad. Doesn't mean he is history.

Draft Aaron Donald

alldaway

Hall of Famer
#3 : September 02, 2011, 08:59:14 AM

Hard to say if he sticks on the PS, but I assume that is where he is heading.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#4 : September 02, 2011, 09:13:51 AM

I can't imagine him not sticking. He is taylor made for our defense. I think unless there are significant injuries at safety, he will stay on the PS all year. It is just a very crowded position. It's ok though cause next year it'll be like having an extra draft pick. A year of learning on the PS and NFL weight training is probably the best thing for Black. He should really be a solid 200lbs before he gets out there anyways. Perhaps he can increase his top speed as well. I really do think this is the best scenario.

Draft Aaron Donald

BucNY

Hall of Famer

#5 : September 02, 2011, 09:49:06 AM

Ahmad Black was my pick for the 2011 Mike Williams award. I hope we can keep on the practice squad until he heals up.

\\\\\\\"This forum needs a poster like BucNY now more than ever\\\\\\\"
      - Everyone

SWAGGARRR

Hall of Famer

#6 : September 02, 2011, 10:26:16 AM

I would keep an injured Black over a healthy Mack...

Keep in my mind we're unsure of what's going to happen to TJax once reinstated...
: September 02, 2011, 10:30:56 AM Bucweiser

bucpimpin

Pro Bowler
#7 : September 02, 2011, 10:44:24 AM

IMO he has to be on the 53 man.. Cannot risk any team snaping him up. TB is his favorite team and he is a playmaker.. He makes the team.. Even if it's over Asante (whom I like alot)

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#8 : September 02, 2011, 10:44:54 AM

Black is safe on the PS though, so there is no risk. He has grown up in Florida and always wanted to be a Buc. If a team tries to steal him, I am quite sure he will give us the chance to either give him more money to stay like we did Briscoe, or promote him to the 53. No risk by putting him on the PS.

Draft Aaron Donald

Hammerhead

Starter
#9 : September 02, 2011, 10:47:29 AM

Plus, there's no film on him, so its extremely unlikely some team would take him from our PS and put him on their active roster.

bucpimpin

Pro Bowler
#10 : September 02, 2011, 11:03:11 AM

Black is safe on the PS though, so there is no risk. He has grown up in Florida and always wanted to be a Buc. If a team tries to steal him, I am quite sure he will give us the chance to either give him more money to stay like we did Briscoe, or promote him to the 53. No risk by putting him on the PS.

He would have to clear waivers right? Not likely to happen if thats the case.

BucsBay

Hall of Famer
#11 : September 02, 2011, 11:04:21 AM

I think he makes the 53 man roster.

player101

Starter
#12 : September 02, 2011, 11:49:44 AM

I had not thought of this but you are probably right. I think Black would give the Bucs the opportunity to match so the risk would probably be minimal.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------\"The facts are disputable\"

BuccaneersMagic1282

Starter

#13 : September 02, 2011, 12:14:59 PM

I had not thought of this but you are probably right. I think Black would give the Bucs the opportunity to match so the risk would probably be minimal.

If a team claims him off waivers, there is nothing the Bucs can do.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#14 : September 02, 2011, 12:17:38 PM

I'm not clear on how waivers work, but doesn't Black have a say where he goes as a free agent? Some other team might have first rights, but if he has multiple offers, can he not choose what team he wants to go to?

Draft Aaron Donald

Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Looks like Ahmad Black is history .... « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools