Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Bucs release Tyrone Mckenzie!!! « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 6

stormsct

Starter

#15 : September 02, 2011, 12:38:00 PM

I'm really surprised by this move. I thought at the very least they'd give him a shot at OLB.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#16 : September 02, 2011, 12:38:49 PM

All I can think is they must really love Derrell Smith or Sinomi Lawence. I can't imagine that they think Hayward is the better option as back up MLB.

Draft Aaron Donald

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#17 : September 02, 2011, 12:39:24 PM

It was that year and a half with the Patriots that doomed him. He thinks he's supposed to get 8 pairs of socks but the Bucs are only giving him 7. WE NEED 100% BUCS!!!! NO PLAYERS WHO HAVE EVER SET FOOT IN ANOTHER LOCKER ROOM!!!!!!

LOL.  Another offseason PR all-star doesn't measure up
Seriously. Dom is telling everyone who will listen about the "second draft" and how the Bucs can find all the players they need that way, but what's it say when all these second draft all stars suck and start getting cut? To this date Blount is the only real player acquired this way.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

Captain Hindsight

Hall of Famer

#18 : September 02, 2011, 12:40:44 PM

Shhhhhh. It's THE PLAN.

MUSCLE_HAMSTER

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer
#19 : September 02, 2011, 12:42:54 PM

Definitely surprising

BucMyLife

Pro Bowler
#20 : September 02, 2011, 12:44:32 PM

who says they won't bring him back if a LB they like doesn't get cut?

The quest for .500 begins...

BucNY

Hall of Famer

#21 : September 02, 2011, 12:44:49 PM

All I can think is they must really love Derrell Smith or Sinomi Lawence. I can't imagine that they think Hayward is the better option as back up MLB.

I think you're close with this. I think they like Derrelll smith and Hayward. Hayward is a ST star and essential can fill 2 roles better than McKenzie, i would guess. If McKenzie is slightly better than Hayward but provides less ST talent it could be a numbers move.

\\\\\\\"This forum needs a poster like BucNY now more than ever\\\\\\\"
      - Everyone

Larry Brackins

Starter
#22 : September 02, 2011, 12:45:23 PM

It was that year and a half with the Patriots that doomed him. He thinks he's supposed to get 8 pairs of socks but the Bucs are only giving him 7. WE NEED 100% BUCS!!!! NO PLAYERS WHO HAVE EVER SET FOOT IN ANOTHER LOCKER ROOM!!!!!!

Seriously. Dom is telling everyone who will listen about the "second draft" and how the Bucs can find all the players they need that way, but what's it say when all these second draft all stars suck and start getting cut? To this date Blount is the only real player acquired this way.
OH MY GOD THE BUCS AREN'T TURNING A BUNCH OF UNDRAFTED GUYS INTO STARTERS. OH NOES!!!!! FIRE DOMINIK!!!!!!

The Bucs have done an excellent job turning guys who were undrafted into depth guys who actually have some value.

#SaveUsJohnnyFootball

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#23 : September 02, 2011, 12:45:49 PM

I think you're close with this. I think they like Derrelll smith and Hayward. Hayward is a ST star and essential can fill 2 roles better than McKenzie, i would guess. If McKenzie is slightly better than Hayward but provides less ST talent it could be a numbers move.

Mckenzie was a ST star too and earned the "Bat" last year.

Draft Aaron Donald

bucsbum

Hall of Famer

#24 : September 02, 2011, 12:47:16 PM

Hmmm. This is interesting. Could Black be the back up middle LB. Hold on let me finish. If Foster gets Hurt then Watson comes in at OLB and Black moves to MLB. Or I can be a feaken Idiot

Booker Reese

Hall of Famer
#25 : September 02, 2011, 12:47:18 PM

Wasn't Heyward the backup MIKE last year going into the season?

Ladyfan

Hall of Famer
#26 : September 02, 2011, 12:48:43 PM

What all you guys said.  I'm getting worried  too many rookies running the the shop.....shocked.

wreck ship

Pro Bowler

#27 : September 02, 2011, 12:52:49 PM

coach Ra is a "my way or highway" type of coach. I don't think McKenzie was cut because he couldn't play but because he couldn't buy into what Ra is doing. He's an outspoken former patriot.

philosophy is questions that may never be answered
religion is answers that may never be questioned

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#28 : September 02, 2011, 12:53:28 PM

OH MY GOD THE BUCS AREN'T TURNING A BUNCH OF UNDRAFTED GUYS INTO STARTERS. OH NOES!!!!! FIRE DOMINIK!!!!!!

The Bucs have done an excellent job turning guys who were undrafted into depth guys who actually have some value.
For the record I'm not saying the Bucs should be able to turn cast offs into star players. But the team has come darned close to saying that's what their plan is, rather than pursuing non-cast off players.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

RHBucsFan

Pro Bowler

#29 : September 02, 2011, 12:55:01 PM

Is he an outspoken former Patriot, or is he a quiet hardworking serious guy (Raheem said it himself during interviews on 620 I've heard) that was a leader in the offseason in coordinting the team practices with Freeman? Can't be both
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Bucs release Tyrone Mckenzie!!! « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools