Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Bucs release Tyrone Mckenzie!!! « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6

Larry Brackins

Starter
« #30 : September 02, 2011, 12:55:33 PM »

It was that year and a half with the Patriots that doomed him. He thinks he's supposed to get 8 pairs of socks but the Bucs are only giving him 7. WE NEED 100% BUCS!!!! NO PLAYERS WHO HAVE EVER SET FOOT IN ANOTHER LOCKER ROOM!!!!!!

LOL.  Another offseason PR all-star doesn't measure up
Seriously. Dom is telling everyone who will listen about the "second draft" and how the Bucs can find all the players they need that way, but what's it say when all these second draft all stars suck and start getting cut? To this date Blount is the only real player acquired this way.
OH MY GOD THE BUCS AREN'T TURNING A BUNCH OF UNDRAFTED GUYS INTO STARTERS. OH NOES!!!!! FIRE DOMINIK!!!!!!

The Bucs have done an excellent job turning guys who were undrafted into depth guys who actually have some value.
For the record I'm not saying the Bucs should be able to turn cast offs into star players. But the team has come darned close to saying that's what their plan is, rather than pursuing non-cast off players.
They've never said that.

#SaveUsJohnnyFootball

Captain Hindsight

Hall of Famer

« #31 : September 02, 2011, 12:58:12 PM »

"We're building through the draft" *calls this period their "2nd draft"*

Sounds like they are to me.

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

« #32 : September 02, 2011, 01:00:31 PM »

It was that year and a half with the Patriots that doomed him. He thinks he's supposed to get 8 pairs of socks but the Bucs are only giving him 7. WE NEED 100% BUCS!!!! NO PLAYERS WHO HAVE EVER SET FOOT IN ANOTHER LOCKER ROOM!!!!!!

LOL.  Another offseason PR all-star doesn't measure up
Seriously. Dom is telling everyone who will listen about the "second draft" and how the Bucs can find all the players they need that way, but what's it say when all these second draft all stars suck and start getting cut? To this date Blount is the only real player acquired this way.
OH MY GOD THE BUCS AREN'T TURNING A BUNCH OF UNDRAFTED GUYS INTO STARTERS. OH NOES!!!!! FIRE DOMINIK!!!!!!

The Bucs have done an excellent job turning guys who were undrafted into depth guys who actually have some value.
For the record I'm not saying the Bucs should be able to turn cast offs into star players. But the team has come darned close to saying that's what their plan is, rather than pursuing non-cast off players.
They've never said that.
“For us, we call it the second draft,’’ Dominik said. “The time when the waivers come through, that’s the opportunity you can go back and watch a little bit more tape of the guys now at this level, that you already had conviction on at the college level or you just didn’t have the picks and the ability to acquire them.

“So we tracked those guys pretty heavily and we’re aggressive about it. And that’s how we’re going to build this football team.’’

http://www.boston.com/sports/football/patriots/articles/2011/08/21/this_buccaneer_willing_to_do_a_little_plundering/?page=full

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

Larry Brackins

Starter
« #33 : September 02, 2011, 01:00:40 PM »

Oh for the love of God.

#SaveUsJohnnyFootball

nubcake

Hall of Famer

« #34 : September 02, 2011, 01:04:37 PM »

Really, the only way I can justify this is if they did this to do Mackenzie a favor and let him go pursue a starting job somewhere else. Otherwise this just doesn't make any sense to me. Derrell Smith has been good and might have more potential, but he ain't there yet. What if Foster gets injured or simply doesn't play well and shows that he needs to learn from the bench for a few games? I guess we don't have that luxury now.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
« #35 : September 02, 2011, 01:05:46 PM »

Plus Derrell Smith left the game with an injury last night.

Larry Brackins

Starter
« #36 : September 02, 2011, 01:06:02 PM »

Because if we know anything about Tyruone Mckenzie, it's that he's a proven NFL MLB.

#SaveUsJohnnyFootball

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

« #37 : September 02, 2011, 01:18:51 PM »

THIS COMPLETELY BLOWS MY MIND!!!

What does? That the coaches and front office might know more than you do about their players and plans?

PR hyped the hell out of him. Oh well.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
« #38 : September 02, 2011, 01:21:40 PM »

What does? That the coaches and front office might know more than you do about their players and plans?

Hey I'm not name calling or bashing the regime for this decision. I'm sure they had a good reason and I trust they know what they are doing. It was just totally unexpected and shocking to see him released. Especially the first of 27 guys to be released. Definitely wasn't the first name I expected to see.

notabucsfan

Hall of Famer

« #39 : September 02, 2011, 01:23:43 PM »

This is definitely a huge shocker. He was hyped up by everybody but I guess sometimes hype is just hype and nothing more.

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

« #40 : September 02, 2011, 01:25:41 PM »

Hey I'm not name calling or bashing the regime for this decision. I'm sure they had a good reason and I trust they know what they are doing. It was just totally unexpected and shocking to see him released. Especially the first of 27 guys to be released. Definitely wasn't the first name I expected to see.

I didn't expect it either but it certainly doesn't blow my mind. If they cut somebody like Faine, or made him a back-up, that would blow my mind. Not because I wouldn't agree with it but because for some reason, the Bucs love him.

Condor Bastadon

Starter

« #41 : September 02, 2011, 01:27:55 PM »

I thought it was funny how McKenzie was hailed as this potential leader and devoted player because he went to see Ruud in Nebraska to "learn the defense". He was here all last season with Ruud and the coaches....how much more is he really going to learn in a hotel conference room with Ruud for a day or two? Unless he just wasn't paying attention last season.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
« #42 : September 02, 2011, 01:29:41 PM »

I thought it was funny how McKenzie was hailed as this potential leader and devoted player because he went to see Ruud in Nebraska to "learn the defense". He was here all last season with Ruud and the coaches....how much more is he really going to learn in a hotel conference room with Ruud for a day or two? Unless he just wasn't paying attention last season.
'
If you think he can learn all there is to know in 2 months from being on the roster last year you are clueless. His offseason actions showed he was a self motivator and a leader. That is why people got excited about it.

I have a feeling he was pissed about how the MLB competition went down. He let it be known he didn't feel he got a real shot at it, and I agree, but maybe the Bucs let him go rather than have him be a problem in the locker room.
« : September 02, 2011, 01:31:14 PM JDouble »

ryan24

Hall of Famer
« #43 : September 02, 2011, 01:42:19 PM »

Based on the actions of the team....not reports from reporters....what makes anyone think the Bucs really were high on this guy?

Happy and Peppy and Bursting with love.

Madman

Hall of Famer
« #44 : September 02, 2011, 01:46:14 PM »

Simoni Lawrence may be the guy they like more than McKenzie. He played lights out last night.
  Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Bucs release Tyrone Mckenzie!!! « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools