Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: 2 reasons why Bucs win the division « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 ... 6

wreck ship

Hall of Famer

: September 02, 2011, 10:05:02 PM

1. Defense wins championships and it starts in the trenches with the DLine. Our Dline is 100x's better than last season. From the Dline, coaching, and talent to the depth. the Bucs are set. One of our LB's should get a probowl nod playing behind this line and don't be surprised if it's a rook.

2. Josh Freeman. He makes everything better. His size, pocket awareness, and mobility make the oline better. Any other stationary qb(matty melt) would get killed behind this line not to mention the int's.
Free makes Blount and the ground game better because defenses have to respect his arm. No loading up the box on Free any more as long as he utilizes the audible as necessary.

As for the division, the Saints are the only team that scares me. They have a dline like ours and coaching to match. Brees is very mobile and he is always looking downfield.
As for matt melt, he stands no chance against our pass rush and pass defense and Freeman will carve up that horrid secondary week 3. We had a late lead in both games and gave it away. Freeman is a 2nd yr starter now and our dline added awesomeness.
The Panthers best chances are Newton. He's the real deal and shows flashes of greatness but he's green like the coaching and will suffer growing pains.

The Bucs could finish 3rd or 4th in the division but I think they win it on the strength of a big, fast, nasty Dline with Freeman to Winslow all day!

Bucs sweep falcons and panthers and split with the saints. 2011 nfcs champions

philosophy is questions that may never be answered
religion is answers that may never be questioned

TheChronicHotAir

Hall of Famer

#1 : September 02, 2011, 10:06:59 PM

1. Saints bus goes over a cliff.

2. Falcons bus goes over a cliff.

wreck ship

Hall of Famer

#2 : September 02, 2011, 10:10:50 PM

?? You don't think we have a shot with either of them?

We split with one team and got swept by another in 2 games that were decided at the end of the game.?

Chief Joseph

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

#3 : September 02, 2011, 10:14:58 PM

Those aren't reasons, they're baseless hunches. Logic fail.

Illuminator is a good poster. He sticks to his guns and makes good points. Some don\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'t like that.

DefenseWins

Hall of Famer

#4 : September 02, 2011, 10:15:07 PM

1. Defense wins

It is a new day in TAMPA BAY!    GO BUCS!!

BTownBucFan

Hall of Famer
#5 : September 02, 2011, 10:28:57 PM

I'm all for being positive, but I just don't see it.  We still have some weak areas, with one of them being one of the most critical areas ... OLine.

I'm also not sold our much improved DLine can carry the D right now on a consistent basis.

wreck ship

Hall of Famer

#6 : September 02, 2011, 10:53:41 PM

I'm all for being positive, but I just don't see it.  We still have some weak areas, with one of them being one of the most critical areas ... OLine.

I'm also not sold our much improved DLine can carry the D right now on a consistent basis.
I'm not as concerned about the online as much as I am our receivers working the short field and giving Free opportunitys to get the ball out fast. Winslow is solid but the receivers, Williams included, have been getting pwned this preseason.
Chemistry is key for olines which have to play read and react. I like what I saw in the second half of the season and the second half of games in general from the oline.

I'm stoked about the dline. I like the speed and intensity I saw in the preseason and the depth. Run defense was solid and the pass rush was one of the better sights during the preseason.

ingey1968

Starter

#7 : September 03, 2011, 01:05:40 AM

i am not convinced. return when they actually do it against anything other then 2nd, 3rd string. 

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#8 : September 03, 2011, 02:35:21 AM

I think we win 8-10 games and maybe get a Wildcard spot at best. I say this because of the O-line. If the O-line completely surprises me and somehow plays great this year, or even just pretty good.....then the sky is the limit.

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer
#9 : September 03, 2011, 08:09:10 AM

1. Defense wins championships and it starts in the trenches with the DLine. Our Dline is 100x's better than last season. From the Dline, coaching, and talent to the depth. the Bucs are set. One of our LB's should get a probowl nod playing behind this line and don't be surprised if it's a rook.

2. Josh Freeman. He makes everything better. His size, pocket awareness, and mobility make the oline better. Any other stationary qb(matty melt) would get killed behind this line not to mention the int's.
Free makes Blount and the ground game better because defenses have to respect his arm. No loading up the box on Free any more as long as he utilizes the audible as necessary.

Little early for #1.  And as far as #2 is concerned, wouldn't you agree Brees and Ryan make their own teams better as well?

jcarruth

Pro Bowler
#10 : September 03, 2011, 08:27:12 AM

Would be pleasently surprised bordering on pleasently shocked if your prediction were to come true.

Havent seen any consistency against the starters in preseason that would lead me to believe your reasons are facts as opposed to hopes.

wreck ship

Hall of Famer

#11 : September 03, 2011, 01:11:17 PM

Would be pleasently surprised bordering on pleasently shocked if your prediction were to come true.

Havent seen any consistency against the starters in preseason that would lead me to believe your reasons are facts as opposed to hopes.
?? The Bucs won 10 games last yr and were 1 bad call in the lions game for being in the playoffs despite the Brees and saints and Ryan and the falcons being very good.
The Bucs have upgraded the dline from the coaching to the players and so far in the preseason, they've been consistent.

I can understand being objective but to undervalue the Bucs b/c they haven't wow'd you in the preseason despite finishing strong last season isn't being a fan. It's our job as the 12th man to root for the Bucs not prosecute them. If you think the aints or the falcants are better, root for them.

btw, I'm not questioning you're support for the team but in general. look no further than the blackouts to see proof of a poor fanbase. Literally and figuratively.

notabucsfan

Hall of Famer

#12 : September 03, 2011, 01:13:52 PM

Freeman Freeman Freeman! We wil be fine. Our OLine looks like crap but its basically the same OLine last year so I don't see it making that huge of an impact on our win total.

wreck ship

Hall of Famer

#13 : September 03, 2011, 01:25:01 PM

Little early for #1.  And as far as #2 is concerned, wouldn't you agree Brees and Ryan make their own teams better as well?

They do.

Our dline will consistently pressure them and Ryan isn't the most mobile qb unless it's a designed bootleg. Turner isn't getting any younger or faster so no need to stack the box week 3.
Brees is more of a threat with his mobility and he's always looking downfield plus we have to respect the saints ground game.

For the record, the Bucs could finish 3rd but I don't think so. Between the intensity that coach Ra preaches and the speed and talent in the front 7, we have a big boy defense again!

wreck ship

Hall of Famer

#14 : September 03, 2011, 01:33:46 PM

Freeman Freeman Freeman! We wil be fine. Our OLine looks like crap but its basically the same OLine last year so I don't see it making that huge of an impact on our win total.
Thank You! :o

I don't understand this new found loathing of the oline when they produced a 1000 yrd RB last season.?

Freeman is a complete qb and a freakin stud and it takes the oline and backfield to play as a unit. Consistency builds throughout the game and the Bucs do a damn good job of adjusting and hitting that stride in the 2nd half.

Page: 1 2 3 ... 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: 2 reasons why Bucs win the division « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools