Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: 2 reasons why Bucs win the division « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 6

Chief Joseph

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

#15 : September 03, 2011, 02:07:49 PM

I don't understand this new found loathing of the oline when they produced a 1000 yrd RB last season.?

You don't understand it because you allow yourself the delusion it was the O-line that produced Blount's success. It was not.

Illuminator is a good poster. He sticks to his guns and makes good points. Some don\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'t like that.

wreck ship

Hall of Famer

#16 : September 03, 2011, 02:11:04 PM

just caught a flash of the bucs-falcons game where the Bucs had a chance to win it on 4th and goal at the 1 yrd line and blount hits the wrong hole.
Cadillac would have walked through that hole.

Delusion works both ways

philosophy is questions that may never be answered
religion is answers that may never be questioned

jcarruth

Pro Bowler
#17 : September 03, 2011, 02:20:37 PM

Would be pleasently surprised bordering on pleasently shocked if your prediction were to come true.

Havent seen any consistency against the starters in preseason that would lead me to believe your reasons are facts as opposed to hopes.
?? The Bucs won 10 games last yr and were 1 bad call in the lions game for being in the playoffs despite the Brees and saints and Ryan and the falcons being very good.
The Bucs have upgraded the dline from the coaching to the players and so far in the preseason, they've been consistent.

I can understand being objective but to undervalue the Bucs b/c they haven't wow'd you in the preseason despite finishing strong last season isn't being a fan. It's our job as the 12th man to root for the Bucs not prosecute them. If you think the aints or the falcants are better, root for them.

btw, I'm not questioning you're support for the team but in general. look no further than the blackouts to see proof of a poor fanbase. Literally and figuratively.

Never said i dont want the bucs to win and wont cheer for them, just think both the Saints and Falcons are still better teams.

I sat in the stands every game last year and will be there for all but one this year, cheering along.

The one consistent thing about the Bucs remains that they are incredibly inconsistent. Watch our offense go 3 and out over and over again (happened a lot last year and again in the preseason) and then put togther 2-3 scoring drives when we need them to get back in the game.

I am glad that we get back in the game and win it, but until our offense moves the ball more consistently throughout games we are living on the edge and subject to the "1 bad call" costs us the game type issues. Last year almost all of those "1 bad calls" didnt hurt us, law of averages says we cant be that lucky forever.

smove28

Starter

#18 : September 03, 2011, 02:28:33 PM

Would be pleasently surprised bordering on pleasently shocked if your prediction were to come true.

Havent seen any consistency against the starters in preseason that would lead me to believe your reasons are facts as opposed to hopes.
?? The Bucs won 10 games last yr and were 1 bad call in the lions game for being in the playoffs despite the Brees and saints and Ryan and the falcons being very good.
The Bucs have upgraded the dline from the coaching to the players and so far in the preseason, they've been consistent.

I can understand being objective but to undervalue the Bucs b/c they haven't wow'd you in the preseason despite finishing strong last season isn't being a fan. It's our job as the 12th man to root for the Bucs not prosecute them. If you think the aints or the falcants are better, root for them.

btw, I'm not questioning you're support for the team but in general. look no further than the blackouts to see proof of a poor fanbase. Literally and figuratively.

Never said i dont want the bucs to win and wont cheer for them, just think both the Saints and Falcons are still better teams.

I sat in the stands every game last year and will be there for all but one this year, cheering along.

The one consistent thing about the Bucs remains that they are incredibly inconsistent. Watch our offense go 3 and out over and over again (happened a lot last year and again in the preseason) and then put togther 2-3 scoring drives when we need them to get back in the game.

I am glad that we get back in the game and win it, but until our offense moves the ball more consistently throughout games we are living on the edge and subject to the "1 bad call" costs us the game type issues. Last year almost all of those "1 bad calls" didnt hurt us, law of averages says we cant be that lucky forever.

Thank you jcarruth, beyond our players and all the banter the one thing that keeps the Bucs from being elite is our PLAYCALLING!!! Olsen calls the most vanilla offense in our division. We find ourselves in 3 and 7 and 8 so much it's a miracle Freeman had the numbers he had.

If Olsen will let Freeman open up the offense, I believe we can beat anyone in the NFL. If not we will stuggle to win 8 games.

Chief Joseph

Hall of Famer

#19 : September 03, 2011, 02:31:35 PM

just caught a flash of the bucs-falcons game where the Bucs had a chance to win it on 4th and goal at the 1 yrd line and blount hits the wrong hole.

Delusion works both ways

You don't understand the difference between goal line running and getting a thousand yard + season?

Illuminator is a good poster. He sticks to his guns and makes good points. Some don\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'t like that.

wreck ship

Hall of Famer

#20 : September 03, 2011, 02:49:09 PM

Thank you jcarruth, beyond our players and all the banter the one thing that keeps the Bucs from being elite is our PLAYCALLING!!! Olsen calls the most vanilla offense in our division. We find ourselves in 3 and 7 and 8 so much it's a miracle Freeman had the numbers he had.

If Olsen will let Freeman open up the offense, I believe we can beat anyone in the NFL. If not we will stuggle to win 8 games.
The idea is to open it up this season. Freeman was still learning the playbook and NFL defenses last season.The Bucs overachieved last season and weren't expected to win 10 games.
I wouldn't have it any other way for the NFL's youngest team and the confidence it gave us.
Playcalling grows with Freeman and even then, each play takes on a form of it's own after the snap. Freeman is very good at adjusting on the run and his ceiling is very high.

High expectations for this season is a good thing. I understand the objectivity but if Rah and Free don't think we can win, why suit up? Free exudes confidence. Our dline is full of **CENSORED**y players. Our HC is **CENSORED**y.
The Bucs will Not take a step back.

wreck ship

Hall of Famer

#21 : September 03, 2011, 02:53:26 PM

Delusion works both ways

You don't understand the difference between goal line running and getting a thousand yard + season?
i'm not going to argue the olines role in blounts 1000 yrd season. if you don't believe it, me or any youtube videos of blounts 2010 season will convince you.

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#22 : September 03, 2011, 03:05:53 PM

Delusion works both ways

i'm not going to argue the olines role in blounts 1000 yrd season. if you don't believe it, me or any youtube videos of blounts 2010 season will convince you.

So why wasn't Caddy ripping off 5 yards a carry like Blount?

Simpleton.

Chief Joseph

Hall of Famer

#23 : September 03, 2011, 03:06:37 PM

1. Defense wins championships and it starts in the trenches with the DLine. Our Dline is 100x's better than last season. From the Dline, coaching, and talent to the depth. the Bucs are set. One of our LB's should get a probowl nod playing behind this line and don't be surprised if it's a rook.

2. Josh Freeman. He makes everything better. His size, pocket awareness, and mobility make the oline better. Any other stationary qb(matty melt) would get killed behind this line not to mention the int's.
Free makes Blount and the ground game better because defenses have to respect his arm. No loading up the box on Free any more as long as he utilizes the audible as necessary.

Let me address your mistaken logic more directly. Assumption number one is based on the play of a couple of rookies who have never set foot on an NFL field. As for assumption number two, I'm pretty sure that Freeman played last year, yet somehow we were third in the division. Again, there are no "reasons" here, only unsupported assumptions.

wreck ship

Hall of Famer

#24 : September 03, 2011, 03:24:46 PM

1. Defense wins championships and it starts in the trenches with the DLine. Our Dline is 100x's better than last season. From the Dline, coaching, and talent to the depth. the Bucs are set. One of our LB's should get a probowl nod playing behind this line and don't be surprised if it's a rook.

2. Josh Freeman. He makes everything better. His size, pocket awareness, and mobility make the oline better. Any other stationary qb(matty melt) would get killed behind this line not to mention the int's.
Free makes Blount and the ground game better because defenses have to respect his arm. No loading up the box on Free any more as long as he utilizes the audible as necessary.

Let me address your mistaken logic more directly. Assumption number one is based on the play of a couple of rookies who have never set foot on an NFL field. As for assumption number two, I'm pretty sure that Freeman played last year, yet somehow we were third in the division. Again, there are no "reasons" here, only unsupported assumptions.
1.Wrong. My assumption is not just based on our 1st and 2nd rd DE's but in our new Dline coach, 2nd yr McCoy, Bennett, Okam, Miller, and an obvious emphasis on attack and intensity. The Dline was the best unti of the preseason.
Considering we won 10 games with the 31st ranked run D and sucked rushing the passer last season, yes my expectation are higher for this unit.

2. Freeman exceeded expectations last season and the Bucs could have finished 4th in the division but we didn't. He proved he can compete with the saints and falcons. Yes the Bucs finished 3rd in the division last season and still were one bad call in the lions game from out right owning the last wild card slot. Yes, my expectations are higher for him this year and IMO, an improved Dline and more experienced Freeman equals a divison title.

3.Since when do assumptions have to be supported?

wreck ship

Hall of Famer

#25 : September 03, 2011, 03:27:19 PM

from nfl.com

Jason La Canfora

If the rookie DLs give them what they expect and Gerald McCoy makes big strides, then this team is gonna be in the postseason.
Prediction: 10-6, third in NFC South

ingey1968

Starter

#26 : September 03, 2011, 03:30:36 PM

Again, The dline isnt even worth discussing until they actually do something. To say they are great and going to make one of our linebackers a pro bowler before they even step on the field in the regular season is laughable. I get that you are being positive and thats all well and good but maybe you should temper your expectations a tad till they actually do something???

ingey1968

Starter

#27 : September 03, 2011, 03:33:19 PM

Also, I have no clue how some of you can dismiss the Falcons. The team didnt get worse and beat us twice. I dont care if it was by one or one hundred, the fact remains that they swept us.

wreck ship

Hall of Famer

#28 : September 03, 2011, 03:40:58 PM

Again, The dline isnt even worth discussing until they actually do something. To say they are great and going to make one of our linebackers a pro bowler before they even step on the field in the regular season is laughable. I get that you are being positive and thats all well and good but maybe you should temper your expectations a tad till they actually do something???
Raheem said we should win the divison, Williams garuanteed the playoffs, and Freeman thinks we fans should expect bigger things this season from him.
The Dline looks waaay better than last season and looks as if they have a legit coach...oh wait they do!

Try telling them to tempter their expectations for the lions game until after the game.

Chief Joseph

Hall of Famer

#29 : September 03, 2011, 03:40:59 PM

3.Since when do assumptions have to be supported?

When you try to disguise them as "reasons."

Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: 2 reasons why Bucs win the division « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools