Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: 2 reasons why Bucs win the division « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6

wreck ship

Hall of Famer

#30 : September 03, 2011, 03:52:59 PM

Also, I have no clue how some of you can dismiss the Falcons. The team didnt get worse and beat us twice. I dont care if it was by one or one hundred, the fact remains that they swept us.
The falcons can win the division and the nfccg for all I care. It's my job as a Buc fan to dismiss them. It's my job as a Buc fan to take the silver lining in those two losses which is, they were both winnable games. Not just winnable, but we had late leads and Freeman had his way with their defenses.

The falcons are loaded but Ryan isn't a game changing qb. He has game changers around him and he's pretty smart but the packers showed what can happen when you pressure him and have good db's.
Turner's not getting any younger or faster and neither is Gonzo who is statistically Ryans fav target.

In no way am I underestimating the falcons but in no way will I overestimate them.

philosophy is questions that may never be answered
religion is answers that may never be questioned

ingey1968

Starter

#31 : September 03, 2011, 03:54:52 PM

because those three said it, its gospel? lol. Of course they said it. They arent going to come out and tell everyone we are gunning for third.

ingey1968

Starter

#32 : September 03, 2011, 03:56:18 PM

and because green Bay did it, We can???   surely you arent suggesting our D is better then green bays.

Chief Joseph

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

#33 : September 03, 2011, 03:57:22 PM

It's my job as a Buc fan to dismiss them. It's my job as a Buc fan to take the silver lining in those two losses which is, they were both winnable games.

You may choose to define dismissing logic and rationality as part of the job, but I'm not inclined to agree with you on that.

Illuminator is a good poster. He sticks to his guns and makes good points. Some don\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'t like that.

wreck ship

Hall of Famer

#34 : September 03, 2011, 03:59:09 PM

3.Since when do assumptions have to be supported?

When you try to disguise them as "reasons."
You can't be this anal. Obviously I can't predict the future and my reasons for the Bucs winning the divison is based on my observation that the Bucs have improved on the dline and a more experienced Freeman.

Next thread I post I will be sure to include pop up pictures.

ingey1968

Starter

#35 : September 03, 2011, 03:59:43 PM

I am not rooting against the Bucs, Just trying to point out that you are banking on unrealistic goals  like alot people here and after that hapens we will have a "sky is falling" mentality and everyone will be screaming for coaches to be fired, etc...

wreck ship

Hall of Famer

#36 : September 03, 2011, 04:04:38 PM

because those three said it, its gospel? lol. Of course they said it. They arent going to come out and tell everyone we are gunning for third.
Exactly they aren't. So why are you? Perhaps you should jump on the falcons bandwagon if you think they will finish 1st.

If the dline continues the same production we had in the preseason, they will break the season record for sacks. I take it some of you would rather them notch zero sacks and zero qb pressures so that your pessimism is justified?

Chief Joseph

Hall of Famer

#37 : September 03, 2011, 04:06:58 PM

You can't be this anal. Obviously I can't predict the future and my reasons for the Bucs winning the divison is based on my observation that the Bucs have improved on the dline and a more experienced Freeman.

What I am pointing out, sir, is that you seem unable to distinguish between logic and blind optimism. Ironic that this would cause you to question my mental acuity as opposed to your own.

Illuminator is a good poster. He sticks to his guns and makes good points. Some don\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'t like that.

wreck ship

Hall of Famer

#38 : September 03, 2011, 04:08:17 PM

I am not rooting against the Bucs, Just trying to point out that you are banking on unrealistic goals  like alot people here and after that hapens we will have a "sky is falling" mentality and everyone will be screaming for coaches to be fired, etc...
How is winning the division an unrealistic goal when were were 2 close losses from being division champs last season?

As for the "sky is falling, fire all the coaches" that's been going on 3 yrs now, you should be used to it by now.

wreck ship

Hall of Famer

#39 : September 03, 2011, 04:13:57 PM

What I am pointing out, sir, is that you seem unable to distinguish between logic and blind optimism. Ironic that this would cause you to question my mental acuity as opposed to your own.
Logic and blind optimism?

Logic says 1 + 1 = 2. It also says if you improve a weakness, better results follow.

Now how is it blind optimism to say the Bucs will win the divison behind an improved Dline and a more experienced Freeman behind center?

wreck ship

Hall of Famer

#40 : September 03, 2011, 04:16:54 PM

Steve Wyche per NFL.com

The Bucs could end up winning the division. The offense can play smash-mouth and it can make the big play. Quarterback Josh Freeman looks like he's on track to be a star. The youth of the defensive front could be a blessing and/or a curse and the secondary could be vulnerable if CB Aqib Talib faces any discipline for being involved in an alleged shooting this offseason.
Prediction: 9-7, third in NFC South

ingey1968

Starter

#41 : September 03, 2011, 04:24:22 PM

Steve Wyche per NFL.com

The Bucs could end up winning the division. The offense can play smash-mouth and it can make the big play. Quarterback Josh Freeman looks like he's on track to be a star. The youth of the defensive front could be a blessing and/or a curse and the secondary could be vulnerable if CB Aqib Talib faces any discipline for being involved in an alleged shooting this offseason.
Prediction: 9-7, third in NFC South

Chief Joseph

Hall of Famer

#42 : September 03, 2011, 04:25:10 PM

Logic says 1 + 1 = 2. It also says if you improve a weakness, better results follow.

Provided you assume that your opponents didn't improve as well.

Now how is it blind optimism to say the Bucs will win the divison behind an improved Dline and a more experienced Freeman behind center?

"Improved D-line" is an assumption based on optimism. Didn't you yourself say "meaningless preseason?" Freeman improving due to experience is also an assumption. I would be willing to bet that his TD to INT ratio declines, but not with you. There's no point in wagering with someone who's already trying to avoid accountability from his last identity.

BucsFTW

Hall of Famer

#43 : September 03, 2011, 04:28:53 PM

Raheem said we should win the divison, Williams garuanteed the playoffs, and Freeman thinks we fans should expect bigger things this season from him.
The Dline looks waaay better than last season and looks as if they have a legit coach...oh wait they do!

Try telling them to tempter their expectations for the lions game until after the game.

Rah says it...
Williams say it...
Freeman says it...

Just because you choose to believe what they say, does NOT make it a reality.

Our D-line may look better on paper, but until they execute and prove it on Sundays, it's merely speculation you choose to believe in.

You've provided ZERO "reasons".

wreck ship

Hall of Famer

#44 : September 03, 2011, 04:33:49 PM

Provided you assume that your opponents didn't improve as well.

"Improved D-line" is an assumption based on optimism. Didn't you yourself say "meaningless preseason?" Freeman improving due to experience is also an assumption. I would be willing to bet that his TD to INT ratio declines, but not with you. There's no point in wagering with someone who's already trying to avoid accountability from his last identity.
Why are you even here?

Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: 2 reasons why Bucs win the division « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools