Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Which bottom of the Barrel players will Bucs sign? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

Bucko40

Hall of Famer

: September 03, 2011, 07:57:51 PM

Been looking at the cuts and I don't see to many diamonds. Chester Taylor, Dontae Rosario and Brandon Meriweather seems to cream of the cuts. Also Max Jean-Gilles.

Shame I'm writing this. Would have been better adding proving depth in FA than scrapping the bottom of the NFL player barrel with others cast-offs.

GMC 93

Hall of Famer

#1 : September 03, 2011, 07:59:09 PM

I think OL will be added to over the next few days. JUst my guess.

Formerly known as Revis Islander

lyronmewis

Hall of Famer

#2 : September 03, 2011, 08:00:38 PM

Yeah just like we scraped the bottom of the barrel with Blount. Getting proven free agents has always worked out in the past, with great players like Faine and Derrick Ward.

BuccaneersMagic1282

Starter

#3 : September 03, 2011, 08:00:41 PM

Chester Taylor blows.

Bschucher

Hall of Famer
#4 : September 03, 2011, 08:02:01 PM

Yeah just like we scraped the bottom of the barrel with Blount. Getting proven free agents has always worked out in the past, with great players like Faine and Derrick Ward.

WELL SAID.

Morgan

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer
#5 : September 03, 2011, 08:02:21 PM

Been looking at the cuts and I don't see to many diamonds. Chester Taylor, Dontae Rosario and Brandon Meriweather seems to cream of the cuts. Also Max Jean-Gilles.

Shame I'm writing this. Would have been better adding proving depth in FA than scrapping the bottom of the NFL player barrel with others cast-offs.

like they did w/ Blount last season?

1Va bucsfan

Hall of Famer
#6 : September 03, 2011, 08:03:12 PM

Keiland Williams, Gartrell Johnson, Donte Rosario, Shawn Nelson, MGJ, Donald Thomas and Maybe Donnie Avery should all get looks from the Bucs but most of Pounce on Taveras Gooden if not him Zac Diles.

\\\"The guy who invented the first wheel was an idiot, the guy who invented the other three, he was a genius

jerseybucsfan

Hall of Famer
#7 : September 03, 2011, 08:05:17 PM

Oh gimme a break. That was a fluke. Bucko's point is that they keep playing this card and it's not one that works often, let alone all the time. And another wrong (Faine and Ward) doesn't make a right. One guarantee is that SOME free agents will work out for SOME teams. Just so happens that we picked lousy ones. But Joey J and McCardell and Dilger and Dudley were all good once upon a time.

In Verner We Trust

BerubesBucs

Hall of Famer

#8 : September 03, 2011, 08:11:30 PM

Stop using Blount as the freaking example. Do you not realize Blount was a rare talent and we got lucky to nab him?

I swear, I can't even remember how many times I've seen Blount used as the reason we're going to cash in on the waiver wires. We're not going to find many, if any at all, more Blount type stories from these cuts.

The two teams Blount was waived from:

San Fran- Starting RB? Frank Gore

Tennessee- Starting RB? Chris Johnson

.... we got lucky.

JavaRay

Hall of Famer

#9 : September 03, 2011, 08:13:33 PM

Personally, I hate the Bucs having Blount.    If they cut him and Talib today, I'd like the team better.

Morgan

Hall of Famer
#10 : September 03, 2011, 08:22:30 PM

the league is filled w/ starting players who were picked up after being cut on other teams.

Morgan

Hall of Famer
#11 : September 03, 2011, 08:24:30 PM

Personally, I hate the Bucs having Blount.    If they cut him and Talib today, I'd like the team better.

to tell the truth - anything you say about the Bucs right now has very little value -

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#12 : September 03, 2011, 08:25:07 PM

I don't think they are going to do that just to gain your favor Java - lol

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

Beatles123

Hall of Famer

#13 : September 03, 2011, 08:27:17 PM

And thank god for that. ;)

This space for rent....*sigh* I trusted you coach.

jerseybucsfan

Hall of Famer
#14 : September 03, 2011, 08:31:58 PM

Java, when you can run for 5.0 YPC, I'll gladly cut Blount. Or when anyone else can for that matter. In the meantime, we keep Blount, I wear my 27 jersey in the fall and you can be our favorite pout-pout fish!

In Verner We Trust
Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Which bottom of the Barrel players will Bucs sign? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools