Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Which bottom of the Barrel players will Bucs sign? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

TheChronicHotAir

Hall of Famer

#15 : September 03, 2011, 08:34:19 PM

Whoever the Bucs get, they will make a great contribution-- because it happened last year (that automatically means it will happen this year too).

"CROWN US!!!"

Chief Joseph

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

#16 : September 03, 2011, 08:38:33 PM

the league is filled w/ starting players who were picked up after being cut on other teams.

What is your definition of "filled with?"

Illuminator is a good poster. He sticks to his guns and makes good points. Some don\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'t like that.

Beatles123

Hall of Famer

#17 : September 03, 2011, 08:45:17 PM

Whoever the Bucs get, they will make a great contribution-- because it happened last year (that automatically means it will happen this year too).

"CROWN US!!!"
There's no guarantee they can't at least get upgrades over who we have now. Which isn't that hard to do. Given our track record, we can at least hope.

This space for rent....*sigh* I trusted you coach.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#18 : September 03, 2011, 08:45:23 PM

Been looking at the cuts and I don't see to many diamonds. Chester Taylor, Dontae Rosario and Brandon Meriweather seems to cream of the cuts. Also Max Jean-Gilles.

Shame I'm writing this. Would have been better adding proving depth in FA than scrapping the bottom of the NFL player barrel with others cast-offs.

cream of the crop? Why? because you know their names? Taylor and Rosario are old and suck. Meriwether is the only one of the three that seems to be decent.

Morgan

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer
#19 : September 03, 2011, 08:49:26 PM

wasn't Corey Lynch another bottom of the barrel player who ended helping our team a lot after all the DBs were injured/suspended/etc etc....didn't we sign Dez Briscoe and Preston Parker as FAs last season ? Bottom of the barrel, right.

TheChronicHotAir

Hall of Famer

#20 : September 03, 2011, 08:50:27 PM

There's no guarantee they can't at least get upgrades over who we have now. Which isn't that hard to do. Given our track record, we can at least hope.

Most teams that want to UPGRADE try to do it in Free Agency every once in a while....

oh wait, that costs money. never mind.
: September 03, 2011, 08:52:00 PM TheChronicHotAir

Beatles123

Hall of Famer

#21 : September 03, 2011, 08:54:34 PM

i said, there's no guarantee we won't do it HERE. Just cause we didn't do it in FA doesn't mean we can'timprove this way too.

Why so serious bro?

jerseybucsfan

Hall of Famer
#22 : September 03, 2011, 08:58:57 PM

Ruby Tuesday> Lady Madonna.

In Verner We Trust

Beatles123

Hall of Famer

#23 : September 03, 2011, 09:01:03 PM

Ringo's nose > Jagger's lips. 8)

jerseybucsfan

Hall of Famer
#24 : September 03, 2011, 09:08:03 PM

Got me there. But both Ringo and Charlie were lousy drummers.

In Verner We Trust

lyronmewis

Hall of Famer

#25 : September 03, 2011, 09:08:45 PM

Oh gimme a break. That was a fluke. Bucko's point is that they keep playing this card and it's not one that works often, let alone all the time. And another wrong (Faine and Ward) doesn't make a right. One guarantee is that SOME free agents will work out for SOME teams. Just so happens that we picked lousy ones. But Joey J and McCardell and Dilger and Dudley were all good once upon a time.

Well the past is the past and every season is different.

What FAs did you really want though? Guys like Asomugha and Free just cost too much, and you don't pay such a huge amount to FAs when you haven't taken care of your own players first. What realistic FAs, in the 5 million a year range would noticeably for sure make a real difference on this team? I personally can't think of any.

http://ca.sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=jc-cole_2011_nfl_free_agents_tracker_072511

Look at that list and tell me who would upgrade the team at a reasonable price. Preferably ones who didn't stick with their own team.

jerseybucsfan

Hall of Famer
#26 : September 03, 2011, 09:13:14 PM

I'd prefer a guy like Reggie Brown, who you can get for cheaper than that. And any number of Olinemen in the $1-2M range could have bolstered our depth. James Lee, Larsen, Trueblood... gonna hurt my eyes to watch this group. What about Gurode? Isn't he better than Faine?

In Verner We Trust

Beatles123

Hall of Famer

#27 : September 03, 2011, 09:16:16 PM

Got me there. But both Ringo and Charlie were lousy drummers.
I disagree. Ringo was simplistic but efficient for the music style of  the Beatles. People say that no other drummer would have the kind of rhythm sense to do the fills he did on "A Day in The Life" Even Ginger Baker liked him. :)

dmajik85

Hall of Famer
#28 : September 03, 2011, 09:18:10 PM

Gartrell Johnson is an interesting one like Sutton is. At this point a lot of backs are going to legitimately look good relative to our current depth. God bless his sole, but what are the odds a draftee rb from the '03 draft, who doubles as a rammer fb, will last and maintain the wiggle to be the COP back??? Noway, and as much as Morris may prefer Lumpkin the bottom-line is he's a dime a dozen, mediocre back with no special attributes. Sorry, I'm not seeing the validity in him holding a spot when dynamic guys are still on the street.

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#29 : September 03, 2011, 09:46:05 PM

If the buccaneers sign players who have played for other teams it would show the issue was price.  and that would be a sorry state of affairs.  jmvho

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant
Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Which bottom of the Barrel players will Bucs sign? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools