Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Bucs grab Zac Diles « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 5 6 7

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#90 : September 05, 2011, 10:58:56 AM

Wow. Bring the hate boys. Ryan24 makes a stupid comment and it turns into a hate fest for me. Gotta love it. I'm not gonna disagree with any of your opinions. If I come off as annoying and you think I attack anyone I disagree with, then by all means, put me on ignore.

freddy

Hall of Famer
#91 : September 05, 2011, 11:11:36 AM

I just grow tired of posters making ignorant comments bashing players or coaches when they have no idea what they are talking about. It gets old and some times i react a bit harshly. Oh well.

I hear ya brother, this board is full of such people.

CBWx2

Hall of Famer

#92 : September 05, 2011, 12:16:54 PM

Wow. Bring the hate boys. Ryan24 makes a stupid comment and it turns into a hate fest for me. Gotta love it. I'm not gonna disagree with any of your opinions. If I come off as annoying and you think I attack anyone I disagree with, then by all means, put me on ignore.

I don't think people are "hating" on you because you didn't like Ryan's comment. I think people are "hating" on you because you went from zero to flaming in the blink of an eye because he said something you found disagreeable, and you have the tendency to do that quite often.

From what we know, McKenzie expected to be in the running for the starting gig and was told in day 2 of practice that there would be no competition, and Foster was gonna be the guy. We also know that the Bucs only kept 5 LB's on the roster before Diles was signed, so it's not as though McKenzie got beat out for a reserve spot. We also know that Diles was cut a day after McKenzie was cut, so it's not as though He was released so that we could sign Diles. We also know that Morris stated that he cut him "to be fair to him," which sort of sounds like it wasn't a decision made because he stunk up the joint, but rather to give him the opportunity to be in the mix elsewhere since he wasn't here. Based on all of that, I don't see how speculating that he asked to be released was all that far fetched. The signs sort of point to it.

As far as there always being something wrong with him for trying to be the leader, I don't necessarily agree with that, but I can kinda see where Ryan is coming from. I think there is nothing wrong with trying to prove you are a leader, but in McKenzie's case, he should have focused on trying to prove he was a starter first. Coming in as an undrafted FA who's barely played a down of NFL football and was only on the active roster for 3 games in 2010 and trying to be a leader does come across as a bit overreaching and ill conceived. Just my opinion.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#93 : September 05, 2011, 12:40:15 PM

1. He wasn't an undrafted free agent. He was a 3rd round pick by the Patriots. A 3rd round pick just like Quincy Black and Mason Foster.

2. Rah didn't say he was released to be fair to him. When asked about his release on Friday, he said he wasn't gonna comment on any cuts until after the official cut time/date to be fair to them. There is a big difference.

3. Anyone who knows me or has seen my posts knows that I don't let other people's opinions effect my opinion on a player. Half of my favorite 50 list every year are guys that aren't even drafted. So this idea that I was duped by PR's love for McKenzie is a joke. I liked the guy because of what I saw from him on and off the field with my own eyes. I think it's a shame we had to lose him, but I'm sure the was a good reason.

4.  I'm not overreacting because I have some man crush on Mckenzie like ryan24 keeps suggesting. I did like him, but I'm not all torn up that he is gone. The comment could have been about any player and I would have reacted the same. It was a ridiculous comment based on nothing.

ryan24

Hall of Famer

#94 : September 05, 2011, 12:57:47 PM

I don't think people are "hating" on you because you didn't like Ryan's comment. I think people are "hating" on you because you went from zero to flaming in the blink of an eye because he said something you found disagreeable, and you have the tendency to do that quite often.

From what we know, McKenzie expected to be in the running for the starting gig and was told in day 2 of practice that there would be no competition, and Foster was gonna be the guy. We also know that the Bucs only kept 5 LB's on the roster before Diles was signed, so it's not as though McKenzie got beat out for a reserve spot. We also know that Diles was cut a day after McKenzie was cut, so it's not as though He was released so that we could sign Diles. We also know that Morris stated that he cut him "to be fair to him," which sort of sounds like it wasn't a decision made because he stunk up the joint, but rather to give him the opportunity to be in the mix elsewhere since he wasn't here. Based on all of that, I don't see how speculating that he asked to be released was all that far fetched. The signs sort of point to it.

As far as there always being something wrong with him for trying to be the leader, I don't necessarily agree with that, but I can kinda see where Ryan is coming from. I think there is nothing wrong with trying to prove you are a leader, but in McKenzie's case, he should have focused on trying to prove he was a starter first. Coming in as an undrafted FA who's barely played a down of NFL football and was only on the active roster for 3 games in 2010 and trying to be a leader does come across as a bit overreaching and ill conceived. Just my opinion.

Jdouble's remarks aside.....it seems that a lot of the information about McKenzie comes from McKenzie who, based on the Buc's actions, may have misinterpreted some either signals from the Bucs or what he was told.

Happy and Peppy and Bursting with love.
Page: 1 ... 5 6 7
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Bucs grab Zac Diles « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools