Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: week 1 NFC south predictions « previous next »
Page: 1

wreck ship

Hall of Famer

: September 04, 2011, 07:02:48 PM

Interesting headlines:
Saints on the road at Lambeau against the defending champs on thursday to kickoff season. Need anymore drama?
I think it's a shootout with two straight gunslingers in Brees and Rogers. GB wins home opener 35-31

Falcons on the road in an even tougher venue at soldier field against the defending NFC north champs. The Bears and Falcons both saw there playoffs cut short by the Pack. They both are waiting in line for revenge but in the meant time they have to take it out on one another. The Bears run the ball and play clock control as well as anyone in the league. They will have to if the want to slow down the falcons O. 15 -7 Bears

Bucs season opener couldn't come against a better opponent in the Lions. Both teams matchup well even down to the extra motivation of playing for team alumni who have recently pass. Bucs haven't forgot about the Lions walking out of rjs last season with the win.This game will come down to special teams and coaching. Bucs win 20-13

The Cardinals pay a visit to the Panthers den where both teams field a new qb. That's about all that's new for the Cards while the Panthers are still adjusting to a new HC. Cardinals are playing for a divisional championship while the panthers are playing for game film. Cards 27 - Panthers 16

philosophy is questions that may never be answered
religion is answers that may never be questioned

bucinsouthFL

Starter

#1 : September 04, 2011, 07:10:12 PM

The Saints and Packers are gonna be fun to watch. Besides Chris Johnson A Rod is my fav non buc player to watch. He makes it look way to easy. It's going to be a shootout for sure. But I think the packers ability to rush the passer gets them the win.

I think the Falcons are going to come out swinging, but will be surprised by a Jay Cutler ready to weing right back. The bears defense somehow always get it done, but I think the falcons win in another close one.

The Lions rush the passer very well. But are not that great against the run. I really think we get Blount going early and our weapons have a field day against a terrible lions pass D.

The cards or overated. I think Cam makes 1 or 2 great plays but williams and stewart help produce the upset special of the week.

freddy

Hall of Famer
#2 : September 04, 2011, 07:12:50 PM

Saw an interesting stat about the opening Thursday night game, I think they said since 2003, the team that has lost this game has never made the playoffs. But a great game to start the year. I am certainly ready for some football.

wreck ship

Hall of Famer

#3 : September 04, 2011, 07:24:58 PM

The cards or overated. I think Cam makes 1 or 2 great plays but williams and stewart help produce the upset special of the week.
I think the cards win the nfc west over the rams. The 49ers will be good also.

If the panthers win, it will definitely be an upset.

buchead

Hall of Famer

#4 : September 04, 2011, 08:55:05 PM

Have to go with the saints. They are hungry after being ousted by seattle. Drew brees has a point to prove. Aaron will be ready but will his team? I think they come out flat. Call it a superbowl hangover.

Picking the bears over the falcs. Matt ryan throws 40 times. Throwing a couple pics. New and improved angry jay cutler slices up this secondary.

I like the cards. Carolina will surprise a few teams but the cards can take them.
 And bucs bucs bucs. Ima homer dont need a reason.
: September 04, 2011, 08:57:14 PM buchead

ingey1968

Starter

#5 : September 04, 2011, 09:06:43 PM

Packers beat Saints 28-27
Falcons 24- Bears 21
Lions 27- Bucs 14
Cards 28- Panthers 7

JavaRay

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

#6 : September 04, 2011, 09:08:24 PM

The Bucs last year were the first NFC South team ever to finish last in one season then not win the division the next season.    So it might be the Panthers turn.

wreck ship

Hall of Famer

#7 : September 04, 2011, 09:24:37 PM

The Bucs last year were the first NFC South team ever to finish last in one season then not win the division the next season.    So it might be the Panthers turn.
Props on the sig. Love it!

Ironworker808

Second String

#8 : September 04, 2011, 09:25:54 PM

No they weren't.

Atlanta finished last in 2007 but didn't win the division in 2008. They were second (11-5) to the Panthers (12-6).

SCLOBERNOCKER

Hall of Famer
#9 : September 04, 2011, 10:49:30 PM

12-6?
Thats alot of games

Ironworker808

Second String

#10 : September 04, 2011, 11:35:23 PM

No they weren't.

Atlanta finished last in 2007 but didn't win the division in 2008. They were second (11-5) to the Panthers (12-4).

Edited for accuracy.

Thanks for the catch, SCLOBERNOCKER.

nubcake

Hall of Famer

#11 : September 04, 2011, 11:42:34 PM

Not true as Iron pointed out, but they WERE the first to not make the playoffs.

Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: week 1 NFC south predictions « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools