Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Buccaneers Practice Squad signing/Released Bucs sign elsewhere « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

ALong13

Pro Bowler
: September 05, 2011, 01:48:39 AM

So far today I've seen on one player signed to the Bucs Practice Squad and that was TE Collin Franklin who the bucs claimed and cut earlier this offseason.

Just heard word from my bro Collin Franklin, he is signing on to play on the Tampa Bay Buccaneers practice squad #Cyclones

http://twitter.com/#!/4Fanatic/status/110430969135251456

I've also seen QB Jonathan Crompton signed to the Redskins Practice Squad and RB Armando Allen has signed with the Bears Practice Squad.

Hopefully we'll here more soon, hoping the Bucs can signed LBs Simoni Lawrence and Derrell Smith, maybe QB Rudy Carpenter and TE Daniel Hardy as well...

jerseybucsfan

Hall of Famer
#1 : September 05, 2011, 01:55:44 AM

Allen's arguably better than two of the RBs we kept although they're all marginal. I didn't understand the Hardy cut.

In Verner We Trust

buchead

Hall of Famer

#2 : September 05, 2011, 09:17:58 AM

Hardy was a one trick pony. I never seen him get physical. He is only playing tight end because he is a step to slow to play wr. That being said, where is the better option right now?

1Va bucsfan

Hall of Famer
#3 : September 05, 2011, 09:29:04 AM

Chase Coffman is an interesting prospect for TE so is Zach pianalto.

\\\"The guy who invented the first wheel was an idiot, the guy who invented the other three, he was a genius

NotDeadYet

Hall of Famer

#4 : September 05, 2011, 10:37:53 AM

Hmmmm; from what I saw, Hardy was a one trick pony, a younger and healthier vsrsion of another TE on our roster........... Winslow I think his name is..... Surely we knew his skillset when we drafted him; a puzzling cut to me.

bashear

Hall of Famer

#5 : September 05, 2011, 10:42:09 AM

Hmmmm; from what I saw, Hardy was a one trick pony, a younger and healthier vsrsion of another TE on our roster........... Winslow I think his name is..... Surely we knew his skillset when we drafted him; a puzzling cut to me.
Maybe it was his skill level and not his skill set?

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#6 : September 05, 2011, 11:06:08 AM

We signed TE Collin Franklin to the PS? Wow. I guess we REALLY didn't like Hardey, Purvis, or Overbay. Kinda surprising.

Seems kinda odd that we haven't made any moves to our roster or PS. Still sitting here with 12 DBs and 2 TEs. Guess we are in no hurry.

Draft Aaron Donald

nitey

Hall of Famer
#7 : September 05, 2011, 11:12:33 AM

JD, I suspect we'll carry a couple of TE's on the practice squad this year, so it's still very possible that at least one of those guys will get asked back. My guess is either Hardy or Overbay. Wish the Bucs would announce their PS and any other transactions.

Success is when Skill meets OpportunityFailure is when Fantasy meets Reality

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer
#8 : September 05, 2011, 11:14:53 AM

Hardy was a one trick pony. I never seen him get physical. He is only playing tight end because he is a step to slow to play wr. That being said, where is the better option right now?
seems like the team wants a blocking TE for the #3 position based on who they have tried to sign in the last couple days.  since Winslow is almost exclusively a pass catcher and  Stocker is suppose to be a combo pass catcher/blocker that makes sense but why did they waste a 7th round pick on a TE they had to have known wasn't one.  He never stood a chance.

BucD

Hall of Famer

#9 : September 05, 2011, 11:19:37 AM

Kind of abnormal that the PS has not been assembled and announced already...along with other waiver guys getting picked up...wonder what the deal is....

Still crossing my fingers for Sutton being claimed followed by the release of Lumpkin.  lol /pipedream

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#10 : September 05, 2011, 11:34:02 AM

Maybe it was his skill level and not his skill set?

Yeah, Hardy's hands were nowhere near as good as Winslow's

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#11 : September 05, 2011, 11:38:39 AM

I don't know. Hardy was drafted as a pass catching TE. They knew he wasn't great at blocking. So he came in and looked as good as you could expect a rookie TE to look in the passing game.....but they cut him cause he can't block? Something just doesn't add up.

I do think they plan on using Lorig as a TE as well as a FB, so if you believe that....they do technically have three TEs.

Draft Aaron Donald

bucs63

Starter
#12 : September 05, 2011, 11:44:40 AM

I do think they plan on using Lorig as a TE as well as a FB, so if you believe that....they do technically have three TEs.
Technically. But that's kinda like saying that since James Lee played left tackle in preseason they're three deep there too.

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#13 : September 05, 2011, 11:48:53 AM

I don't know. Hardy was drafted as a pass catching TE. They knew he wasn't great at blocking. So he came in and looked as good as you could expect a rookie TE to look in the passing game.....but they cut him cause he can't block? Something just doesn't add up.

If you are a one-trick pony, you should do that trick very well.  While Hardy definitely had the athleticism to be a good receiving TE, he needs work catching the ball

BucD

Hall of Famer

#14 : September 05, 2011, 11:50:05 AM

Agreed.

I've mentioned this before...it's the feeling I am getting and it makes the most sense...at the moment at least.
Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Buccaneers Practice Squad signing/Released Bucs sign elsewhere « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools