Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  College Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: FSU fans « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 6

dexmonkey

Hall of Famer

#15 : September 26, 2011, 06:33:46 PM

hmm im seeing some hate in these last two posts.

it is very dissappointing to watch us lose to a team we really should have beaten. if you look at it objectively we were already limping in on 1 leg missing all those receivers and our qb. injuries are part of the game but ive never seen so many at one position.

the thing that killed me was the penalties. we had 3 penalties on 3rd/4th down that gave clemson points. you take even one of those away and we win. bad execution and penalties cost us that game. mental errors are very costly. 2 of them were just straight up dumb and completely on the players, and one was questionable at best on the part of the refs. of course questionable calls are par for the course in the ACC. i really dont know what happened to our running game either. if we could run the ball wed have killed them. unfortunately we have on oline that cant run block to save their lives.

clemson did what they had to do to win and we didnt. its that simple. its just like oklahoma, you cant get that many penalties and expect to win. the difference is that oklahoma is a better team than us and clemson isnt, we royally screwed the pooch on that game.

im just hoping this bye week will give us time to heal some players and correct some mistakes and get our focus back. we should win the next five games as our upcoming opponents are having horrendous years, but if we keep screwing ourselves like we have been then well...........
: September 26, 2011, 06:35:42 PM dexmonkey

rpc1978

Hall of Famer

#16 : September 26, 2011, 07:21:09 PM

Its disappointing.  Clemson on the road is a tough game to begin with.  Being short handed makes it even tougher.  That being said, Trickett played very well in relief Manuel.  Our young receivers stepped up too(especially Greene and Green).  This one is on the defense.  A week after really playing well against Oklahoma's highly touted offense our defense got smoked this weekend.  If you would have told me that going into the weekend we were going to score 30 pts i would have bet the house on a win.  I never thought our defense would give up that many points and yards. But Watkins is a stud. In fact, Clemson's skill position players compare favorably to the skill positions players at all the top schools. 

We are going to have to get hot now and hope Clemson loses a couple.  I still like our chances to win our division though.   With the exception of a scary Thursday night game against BC our conf schedule is favorable.  Clemson has to go on the road against VT and later against GT.   
: September 26, 2011, 07:25:08 PM rpc1978

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#17 : September 26, 2011, 08:41:56 PM

you guys should just move over to the SEC.  no more having to deal with the likes of clemson and BC.

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#18 : September 26, 2011, 10:18:35 PM

it is very dissappointing to watch us lose to a team we really should have beaten. if you look at it objectively we were already limping in on 1 leg missing all those receivers and our qb. injuries are part of the game but ive never seen so many at one position.

From the little bit of the game I saw, Trickett played pretty well.  The pourous OL had more to do with the loss than anyone missing from injuries, Manuel included.

And the defense - that's supposed to be FSU's strong-suit.

dexmonkey

Hall of Famer

#19 : September 27, 2011, 06:34:28 PM

having the veteran receivers would definately have helped alot. im actually surprised at how well we played with the receivers we had. yeah the oline didnt play great, but they werent that bad either. the only major issue i had (outside of inability to run block) with the oline was the final play when they false started and then gave up the sack up the middle. our two tackles Datko and Sanders played pretty good for the most part but our interior is a hot mess.  the two guards and the center are absolutely killing us.killing us.

the defense is to blame for this one with the mental errors. i can forgive the big plays to some extent for the misdirection, but the penalties were egregious, we have to cut that stuff out

Buc Wit Me

Starter

#20 : September 28, 2011, 10:38:12 PM

You guys make some good points,i think our defense let us down big time,they played terrible and we were still in the game until the end.Trickett did ok,but we need E.j back in the starting line up.

dexmonkey

Hall of Famer

#21 : September 29, 2011, 06:07:14 PM

trickett played lights out for a freshman qb. his only mistake was the interception and he just didnt put enough heft on it to get it over that safety. he far exceeded my expectations. he just doesnt bring much to the table athletically. hes not big and he doesnt run well. things EJ does well. i have no doubt that if we had any semblance of a running game, we beat clemson. no running game equals 7+ in coverage and no play action passing game

rpc1978

Hall of Famer

#22 : October 03, 2011, 09:07:35 AM

as well as trickett has played we are much better offensively when we have a running threat at QB.  We need EJ back.  I'm hearing rumors like he may not play this week.  That worries me.  He was supposedly available in case of an emergency against Oklahoma.  If that was the case,  how is he still not ready after the bye week with a couple weeks of rest?

rpc1978

Hall of Famer

#23 : October 06, 2011, 11:32:32 AM

Looks like EJ will start this week.  We need to get back on track. 

Runole

Hall of Famer
#24 : October 08, 2011, 08:11:39 AM

Until FSU gets better officiating they will continue to suffer in games like this.  Unfortunately, there seems to be a constant bias when FSU plays any other ACC team save Miami.  There are just too many one sided penalties..

5:20 p.m. update Comment from Michael Kelly, Associate Commissioner Broadcasting/Communications/Football Operations:

We did not acknowledge 7 missed calls against FSU in the Clemson/FSU game.

We scrutinize film of every game, just like the coaches do, and we often identify mistakes which we use to train our officials and improve our overall officiating program. There are frequently mistakes in most games against both teams?it is a fact of life?in all sports. I have little doubt that we made some mistakes in FSUs favor in that game as well, but somehow that was unreported.

That indeed was the difference in the ballgame  that ended up in Clemson's favor.

BuccaneersMagic1282

Starter

#25 : October 08, 2011, 02:53:01 PM

FSU getting their asses stomped by Wake Forest. LOL at all the morons who bothered ranking this pathetic team, let alone in the top 5. Even Duke would probably bend FSU over, so much for national championship hopes! Better hope they can at least get a low end bowl game now.

dexmonkey

Hall of Famer

#26 : October 08, 2011, 07:33:01 PM

yeah this is awful. we have so many issues its not funny. the sad part is that most of it isnt talent related. our coaches did a pisspoor job of prepping this team. i really think the oklahoma loss took it out of them and the coaches arent doing much. you cant get 100+ yards in penalties and turn it over 5 times and think your going to win.

rpc1978

Hall of Famer

#27 : October 08, 2011, 08:50:06 PM

we just arent good enough to overcome the turnovers and penalties.  To me, the bloom is coming off Jimbo's rose.  WTF is up with Manuel?  JIMBO:  IF MANUEL CAN PLAY THEN LET HIM PLAY.  If he was allegedly available to play at the end of the Oklahoma game then why hasnt he started since then?  Since Manuel practiced all week why wasn't he starting? The answer is Jimbo doesnt practice what he preaches.  He took WF lightly. Jimbo thought he could steal a win with Trickett and underestimated WF.  3 first half TOs gave WF 17 pts.  By then it was too late for Manuel.   This isnt the 90s.  We can't take anyone lightly.  No more babying Manuel.  we've protected that shoulder as if a bowl game is already locked up.  Jimbo, if Manuel  has to take a needle each week to play then so be it.  Its so frustrating to watch us underachieve each week.

Runole

Hall of Famer
#28 : October 09, 2011, 12:28:20 PM

FSU getting their asses stomped by Wake Forest. LOL at all the morons who bothered ranking this pathetic team, let alone in the top 5. Even Duke would probably bend FSU over, so much for national championship hopes! Better hope they can at least get a low end bowl game now.

Too many mistakes and too many penalties etc. etc  etc..     Perception and potential means you haven't done anything yet.

It could be worse  FSU could be Miami or Florida!  Remember they were both ranked in the Top 10 or 12 last season.   FSU still doesn't have the experience or skill of a National Contender yet. jmo

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#29 : October 09, 2011, 01:14:55 PM

Geezus, FSU is Wake Forest's **CENSORED**.

Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  College Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: FSU fans « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools