Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Bucs may be only Week 1 blackout « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 4 5 6

MiltonMack21

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer

#75 : September 07, 2011, 12:20:01 AM

Fair enough just don't say the teams moving when you have no idea which team will end up in LA. Saying the bucs will move to LA as a fact will make you look like a troll dude.

Of course it's not a fact that they are moving, but hopefully Tampa understands if you leave the door open as Baltimore did, as Cleveland did, then out team will walk out the door and that's reality.

But the funny thing is the door is not open, it's not cracked, it's not even being knocked on to anyone's knowledge.

State of the art stadium, paid for by the City of Tampa, sold out every game prior to 2010 Season opener. Has hosted 2 Super Bowls without a problem something other cities can't claim, I'm talking about you Dallas. Most teams that are "Rumored" to be moving to L.A. are teams with stadium issues (Vikings and Rams) or teams with constant attendance woes (Jaguars)

Do I think Tampa has one of the  worse fanbase's in all sports? Heck yeah, but we aren't as bad as Miami, Jacksonville, Oakland, San Diego, or Atlanta fans but our fanbase is in the lower tier of the NFL. But when the Bucs are winning consistently and it's cool to go to the games, the bandwagoners will be back saying "I've always been a Buc fan." We have a solid 40-45k fan base of die hards, the rest are just bandwagoners who will be back a board once the team is winning consistently.

Very true,
But the one thing that everyone seems to forget is that just because a team wants to move to LA it doesn't mean that LA wants that team to come. I live here in LA. They want star power and they love young. Think about it logically, if you are building an incredible stadium/amusement park do you want the Jags, no. The Vikings/no. the Dolphins/ hell no.

You want a young talented QB to market, you want a slick young coach to market that might not fit in down south, but in Los Angeles, with young hollywood, his personality fits like a glove.

I really don't think Tampa knows what a commodity that Josh Freeman/Raheem Morris are around the rest of the country. When Raheem said last year that he had the best team in the NFC, he became a star everywhere else but in Tampa.

Understand what you see and hear is tempered by where you are and that is the same with me here in LA. This city wants the Bucs, and is willing to pay a lot to get them. They may have to settle for another team but do not think for a second that they are not gonna make a push to get our team.  .

It doesn't matter how bad LA wants the Bucs(and I haven't heard that they do outside of your theory), you don't understand how and why teams move. Read up a bit on the economics of team relocation in major sports before making silly predictions.

With that said, this area IS pathetic. So many ignorant fans who pretend to care every so often but in reality couldn't possibly be more clueless about sports as a whole. Really, outside of Miami the Tampa Bay area is probably the crappiest sports market in the country.

I know Kansas City Chiefs fans would kill for it.

JavaRay

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

#76 : September 07, 2011, 12:22:49 AM

This is like the 13 straight home blackout? Embarassing.

I find it amazing the the Glazers haven't done something about it.   They could have made moves to make this team more marketable.

baybuc35

Hall of Famer
#77 : September 07, 2011, 12:29:28 AM

Smove, you shouldn't let Java speak for all of us man....lol ;)
Thanks Beatles123,
Just pisses me off. I'm coming down there for Houston and Dallas and I'm going up to San Fran to see my Bucs and this guy tells me to root for someone else because I honestly wouldn't mind seeing the Bucs come to LA, IF it happens I'd love it, if it doesn't I'd still love to come down there twice a year, but i am entitled to an opinion without being called a troll

It would not be your team it would just be some players that moved to LA with a new team name

Detrimental

Hall of Famer

#78 : September 07, 2011, 12:35:08 AM

This is like the 13 straight home blackout? Embarassing.

I find it amazing the the Glazers haven't done something about it.   They could have made moves to make this team more marketable.
They should have hired Gruden to at least be an consultant. Ever since he left, not only are the seats empty but you don't see the celebs come out to the games. Hell, I don't remember Tiger Woods ever coming out to the stadium after 2008.

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#79 : September 07, 2011, 12:36:59 AM

Smove, you shouldn't let Java speak for all of us man....lol ;)
Thanks Beatles123,
Just pisses me off. I'm coming down there for Houston and Dallas and I'm going up to San Fran to see my Bucs and this guy tells me to root for someone else because I honestly wouldn't mind seeing the Bucs come to LA, IF it happens I'd love it, if it doesn't I'd still love to come down there twice a year, but i am entitled to an opinion without being called a troll

It would not be your team it would just be some players that moved to LA with a new team name

No, it would still be smove's team and my team. We're both fortunate enough to be able to travel from the west coast (Las Vegas for me) to see our team play every year. If they moved to LA, it would make it easy for us to see OUR team play in person.

MiltonMack21

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer

#80 : September 07, 2011, 12:50:41 AM

Wouldn't be the Buccaneers anymore if they moved to LA. Everything associated with the Bucs would be wiped away. No more throwbacks, no more nothing. The Glazerhouses would say "Lee Roy who?"

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#81 : September 07, 2011, 01:03:22 AM

I don't think the Glazers should buy up the remaining tickets.  That just sets a bad precedent, why would anyone buy a ticket at all if they knew the owners would buy up the unsold?

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

JavaRay

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

#82 : September 07, 2011, 03:21:47 AM

Wouldn't be the Buccaneers anymore if they moved to LA. Everything associated with the Bucs would be wiped away. No more throwbacks, no more nothing. The Glazerhouses would say "Lee Roy who?"

No, they would take the team history with them and become the Los Angeles Buccaneers.

Tampa Bay would get a new expansion team coached by Gruden and QB'd by Tebow called the Tampa Bay Chuckys.

The picture below would be on the side of the helmet.

Page: 1 ... 4 5 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Bucs may be only Week 1 blackout « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools