Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Weird Feeling « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

bashear

Hall of Famer

#15 : September 07, 2011, 12:46:27 AM

Raheem in particular still has some growing up to do.   

If there's anybody who needs to grow up, it's you. And you need to do a lot of it.

When I say he needs to grow up, I mean in regard to the job he has been hired to do.    I am most likely the top professional in the entire world at the particular job I perform as my career
That's an interesting statement. I'm guessing you wouldn't like to reveal your profession, but how many professional people are in your field in the world? Intrigued.

Beatles123

Hall of Famer

#16 : September 07, 2011, 12:49:45 AM

It's alright Chronical...I really am a bit tense about the game though...I REALLY want them to win, for personal reasons as well.

This space for rent....*sigh* I trusted you coach.

BucsFTW

Hall of Famer

#17 : September 07, 2011, 01:04:55 AM

I'm kinda with Bee-a-tuhls on this one...  I know no game #1 of a season is a "must-win", but for some strange reason, I believe it is to THIS team, THIS season.

I also have a crazy notion they're gonna hang 40+ on the lions, and I have NO reason as to why I think so.

When they go down, and they will...  put your foot on their friggin' throats and apply more pressure.

I swear, if Olsen calls some namby-pamby, vanilla-assed offense, it'll be ME waiting for him at the airport...!

JavaRay

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

#18 : September 07, 2011, 01:21:21 AM

how many professional people are in your field in the world?

Not many.  LOL!   

jerseybucsfan

Hall of Famer
#19 : September 07, 2011, 01:21:27 AM

Dom had a lot of things go right last year.
Remember that we had the extra draft pick, had much better drafting position. This year we appear to have stolen an elite pass rusher. But for all our talk about free agency, wouldn't we have been better served in the fourth round if we had moved up for an offensive lineman, not a backup tight end? I know a lot of the FA offensive linemen out there were 30 or older, but why not just upgrade for a short time at one or two spots so as not to leave exposed some guys who will never get better or guys like Faine who simply have passed their prime?
If Dom didn't see it in July, it was there for all to see in August. Get me to 3-1 and we have a season. Go 1-3 and I'll be angry until April.

In Verner We Trust

jerseybucsfan

Hall of Famer
#20 : September 07, 2011, 01:22:57 AM

FTW, put 40 on them and you'll see a nice rise in attendance. I GUARANTEE that. Go 2-0 and you might see a nice walkup and a sellout for the Atlanta game.
Hey, I can hope.

In Verner We Trust

JavaRay

Hall of Famer

#21 : September 07, 2011, 01:23:22 AM

.I said we need the win for momentum. I feel starting strong will be vital to our season.

Every year is like that.   Heck, I felt crushed when the Bucs lost the Saints at home in the opener in 2002.   But they won the superbowl that year.

jerseybucsfan

Hall of Famer
#22 : September 07, 2011, 01:26:15 AM

Bucs were 3-4 to start '99 too after losing their opener, one in which they allowed only 107 total yards. So the opener isn't everything. But in '98 we got smoked by the Vikes and never really recovered. You never know, but this year's early schedule is telling.

In Verner We Trust

cyberdude558

Hall of Famer

#23 : September 07, 2011, 01:31:46 AM

It will pretty much be the same script from last year.... Offense will have a slow start. Megatron will score a long TD. The Bucs will go down two scores by the 2nd quarter. And then they will finally start playing. They will make a comeback. The only question is will it be enough and will the officials screw us again?

JavaRay

Hall of Famer

#24 : September 07, 2011, 01:32:43 AM

That 1999 opener was another heartbreaker.   

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#25 : September 07, 2011, 01:34:27 AM

Raheem in particular still has some growing up to do.   

If there's anybody who needs to grow up, it's you. And you need to do a lot of it.

When I say he needs to grow up, I mean in regard to the job he has been hired to do.    I am most likely the top professional in the entire world at the particular job I perform as my career, so I doubt I need to grow up much in relation to my job.   The same definitely cannot be said about Raheem at this point.

Well its good that you are good at something.  You are terrible at evaluating NFL talent, coaches included.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

JavaRay

Hall of Famer

#26 : September 07, 2011, 01:35:48 AM

I guess that's better than not being good at anything like you.

jerseybucsfan

Hall of Famer
#27 : September 07, 2011, 01:36:45 AM

Yeah that was a weird year in general, Java. King came out of nowhere and played well, but we should have lost the Washington game and should have won the St. Louis game.
Had we played Tennessee in the Super Bowl, we probably lose (because the Bucs never beat the Titans back then or for the most part ever). Makes you wonder how history would have been different for us, the Colts and many other teams.

In Verner We Trust

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#28 : September 07, 2011, 01:41:59 AM

I guess that's better than not being good at anything like you.

Snappy comeback.  Looks like you wasted your money on that USF education with wit like that.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

JavaRay

Hall of Famer

#29 : September 07, 2011, 02:51:29 AM

Ya, your post was so witty...

(especially considering you've already posted that exact same post about 100 times so far)

Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Weird Feeling « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools