Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Great feeling « previous next »
Page: 1 2

wreck ship

Hall of Famer

: September 07, 2011, 03:56:33 AM

Not since the 03 opener have I felt this good about our chances.

The Bucs played the Eagles in Philly. What made it so bad was the Bucs were the last team to beat the eagles in the 02 nfccg.
As much as the media hyped up that game and all the city of philly new the eagles would win in their new stadium, I never once thought we'd lose.
The bucs dominated the eagles both offense and defense making the Bucs the last team to win at the old stadium and the 1st to win in the new one.
Bucs 17 Eagles 0
The qb stats really tell the story with Brad "the bull" Johnson throwing for 238 and McNabb throwing for 55.

I'm not saying the Bucs will dominate the lions like that, but not since late 02, early 03 have I felt like this team can beat anyone. I'm glad the Bucs didn't open up the playbook in the preseason and in a weird way I'm glad they got hammered by the Pats.

I see the seeds of a dominating defensive line, a 23 yr old legit franchise qb coming off a stellar season, Power running game, and a HC with a plan and the ability to communicate it effectively.

I feel good about this Bucs team chances against the kitty's week 1 and beyond.

philosophy is questions that may never be answered
religion is answers that may never be questioned

JavaRay

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

#1 : September 07, 2011, 03:58:49 AM

They went 7-9 in 2003 in perhaps the most disappointing season in Bucs history.   Is this a bad omen?

wreck ship

Hall of Famer

#2 : September 07, 2011, 04:39:44 AM

They went 7-9 in 2003 in perhaps the most disappointing season in Bucs history.   Is this a bad omen?
I was talking about my feelings about the opener but if Talib goes down against the colts in week 3, then it's time to panic.

JavaRay

Hall of Famer

#3 : September 07, 2011, 04:51:18 AM

Ya, the loss of Brian Kelly was the key to that 2003 season being a losing season.   They looked damn good until he went down.

Bschucher

Hall of Famer
#4 : September 07, 2011, 07:02:16 AM

Ya, the loss of Brian Kelly was the key to that 2003 season being a losing season.   They looked damn good until he went down.

Ill never get that game out of my mind.. Painful would be an understatement.

notabucsfan

Hall of Famer

#5 : September 07, 2011, 07:17:38 AM

God that 03 season was such a disappointment especially after that first game

JavaRay

Hall of Famer

#6 : September 07, 2011, 07:18:48 AM

There were people predicting a 16-0 season after that Eagles win.

notabucsfan

Hall of Famer

#7 : September 07, 2011, 07:22:18 AM

There were people predicting a 16-0 season after that Eagles win.

Could you blame them? If you mix in all the Bucs playoff games and that first game against the Eagles the Bucs were looking like a very impressive team. Then well I dunno what happend.

JavaRay

Hall of Famer

#8 : September 07, 2011, 07:33:31 AM

Kelly got hurt and there was no backup that should have been allowed in the NFL.

BucNY

Hall of Famer

#9 : September 07, 2011, 07:51:29 AM

I feel great about this season. Our defense which was our weak point has gotten much better. We added a few more nice pieces on defense and what we needed the most we got, our men off IR. Who knows what the season will bring record wise, but I have little doubts that the 2011 version of the Tampa Bay Bucs will be an upgraded version.

I suspect by the end of the year there will be few teams who would like to face this defense!

\\\\\\\"This forum needs a poster like BucNY now more than ever\\\\\\\"
      - Everyone

Bucs N Beers

Hall of Famer

#10 : September 07, 2011, 07:55:23 AM

Tim Wansley...Uggh.

Green Right Slot, Albacore 3 Y Quesadilla

wreck ship

Hall of Famer

#11 : September 07, 2011, 03:35:30 PM

I feel great about this season. Our defense which was our weak point has gotten much better. We added a few more nice pieces on defense and what we needed the most we got, our men off IR. Who knows what the season will bring record wise, but I have little doubts that the 2011 version of the Tampa Bay Bucs will be an upgraded version.

I suspect by the end of the year there will be few teams who would like to face this defense!
it starts with the dline and McCoy has a lot to prove. Not to mention Clayborn, Bennet, Okam, and coach Ra. A lot is riding on this "new" dline.

Hate

Hall of Famer
#12 : September 07, 2011, 04:33:31 PM

Kelly got hurt and there was no backup that should have been allowed in the NFL.

Good coaching should've been able to overcome that, don't you think?

-------------------------------------------------------

I thought Lovie said he wanted quickness & speed, even at the QB position?

J-Train

Pro Bowler

#13 : September 07, 2011, 04:51:56 PM

it starts with the dline and McCoy has a lot to prove. Not to mention Clayborn, Bennet, Okam, and coach Ra. A lot is riding on this "new" dline.

I agree that the dline needs to show up this year but I think a lot more is riding on this oline. If we can't establish the run early in some games we are in for a long season.

Thanks for the sig Java!

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#14 : September 07, 2011, 07:25:39 PM

Good coaching should've been able to overcome that, don't you think?

How do you win a SB and then all the sudden look mediocre afterwards. Something wasnt right.
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Great feeling « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools