Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Coaching Staff « previous next »
Page: 1

wreck ship

Hall of Famer

: September 08, 2011, 03:51:50 AM

What do you think about the Bucs coaching staff?

I think this is one position on the field is that is totally underestimated. They are responsible for what we see on sundays from the final 53 players to the plays calls.
What is the coaching philosophy for the offense and defense? How well do the coaches get along? Is the HC a leader or x's and o's? Or both?

How do the coaches communicate to the players, media, and the owners? How do they adjust to personel changes and changes in game?

I think the Bucs coaching staff is underrated. Raheem is clearly "in over" his head and Olsen should be gone next year.

Never mind winning 10 games and having a top 10 defense last year. Never mind drafting a franchise qb who's status is going rock star.

Some critical fans would have taken Mike Singletary over Raheem Morris if given the chance.

Last season's 49ers clearly were a team that suffered from poor coaching despite Singletary being one of the top lb's in nfl history.
btw the 49ers could very well win the division after looking like a totally different team in the preseason under Harby.

I love our coaching staff but don't think they are the leagues best. What are some of their weaknesses and strengths.

philosophy is questions that may never be answered
religion is answers that may never be questioned

JavaRay

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

#1 : September 08, 2011, 05:37:55 AM

Is the HC a leader or x's and o's?

Neither.

scoots

Rookie
#2 : September 08, 2011, 08:58:40 AM

Radio...I do not understand what you are saying, You change your premice throughout the statement. In one breath you say Rahim should go then you tout him the next...
IMO, Rahim is the type of coach that anyone would enjoy playing for, he is young and inovative with his adaptation of Monty's defence, and has put some new twists to it.
This is his third year, with a young team on the rise, an evolving crew of coaches and reasonable expectations from the fans. We dont expect a Superbowl win this year, but would not be upset if a decent playoff  run were made.  I think we need to tie up our coaching staff to a few years to protect them from leaving. I like the flavor of the mix in the coaches...we attack now, rather than react . the change in philosophy on our d and o line to attack rather than finesse react is to me the best approach in the game of football.

BucNY

Hall of Famer

#3 : September 08, 2011, 09:16:48 AM

I think this is one position on the field is that is totally underestimated.

I think the Bucs coaching staff is underrated. Raheem is clearly "in over" his head and Olsen should be gone next year.

Never mind winning 10 games and having a top 10 defense last year. Never mind drafting a franchise qb who's status is going rock star.

A bunch of incoherent rambling. I'm not even sure what you are trying to say here. I'll make a bunch of assumptions in my response

Headcoach is NOT a overlooked position, are you kidding me?!?!? A great HC is absolutely invaluable, hence why we gave up so much for Gruden.

2nd you say our coaching staff is underrated meaning they are better than people think, then you say clearly Morris is in over his head. Makes no sense. You then follow up that statement by proving yourself wrong. Morris took a 3-13 team and made them into a 10-6 team. He also drafted our Franchise QB in his first draft, followed by continuously strengthening our weakest point, defensive line.

Your post makes no sense and is nothing more than a subjective opinion. Morris being up for coach of the year in his 2nd year is a evidence that he is not clearly in over is head. You can argue that he is a average coach if you like but you don't turn around a young team like he did on accident.

BTW...your use of quotation marks does not make sense.

I hope you were drunk when you posted this thread.
: September 08, 2011, 09:18:21 AM BucNY

\\\\\\\"This forum needs a poster like BucNY now more than ever\\\\\\\"
      - Everyone

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#4 : September 08, 2011, 09:18:15 AM

Anyone who has a problem with Rah, has a problem with something other than his coaching. As a coach he has been nothing but spectacular for us. Many thought he deserved coach of the year last year and some are already projecting him as coach of the year this year.

The people that bag on him have issues with his age, or his skin color, or the music he listens to, or the way he talks....but that is their problem, not Raheem's. He has been an outstanding coach thus far.

1sparkybuc

Hall of Famer
#5 : September 08, 2011, 10:43:50 AM

Raheem has balls. Firing his OC a week before the start of the season is proof of that. Most HCs would have waited to the end of the season. Raheem knew Olson was a better option and cut his losses. Taking over as DC ten games into the season also was gutsy. He doesn't hesitate to change position coaches either. I like that he admits his mistakes and takes immediate steps to correct them. I like that he takes the blame for mistakes made by the coaches and players under him. I like reading that players feel blessed to be a part of this organization, and I believe Raheem is directly responsible for that change in attitude. I can't imagine K2 saying he would run through a brick wall for Jon Gruden. Raheem commands respect and inspires everyone around him to give their best effort always. His press conferences have evolved into something smooth, professional, and no nonsense. The man is absolutely charismatic, polished, and confident. It's quite a change from just two years ago. He and Dominik have transformed this franchise into a place where people want to come. These guys are having fun. The blackouts will soon be a thing of the past.

jobuc597

Second String
#6 : September 08, 2011, 11:04:01 AM

Raheem has balls. Firing his OC a week before the start of the season is proof of that. Most HCs would have waited to the end of the season. Raheem knew Olson was a better option and cut his losses. Taking over as DC ten games into the season also was gutsy. He doesn't hesitate to change position coaches either. I like that he admits his mistakes and takes immediate steps to correct them. I like that he takes the blame for mistakes made by the coaches and players under him. I like reading that players feel blessed to be a part of this organization, and I believe Raheem is directly responsible for that change in attitude. I can't imagine K2 saying he would run through a brick wall for Jon Gruden. Raheem commands respect and inspires everyone around him to give their best effort always. His press conferences have evolved into something smooth, professional, and no nonsense. The man is absolutely charismatic, polished, and confident. It's quite a change from just two years ago. He and Dominik have transformed this franchise into a place where people want to come. These guys are having fun. The blackouts will soon be a thing of the past.

+1

wreck ship

Hall of Famer

#7 : September 08, 2011, 11:07:02 AM

A bunch of incoherent rambling. I'm not even sure what you are trying to say here. I'll make a bunch of assumptions in my response

Headcoach is NOT a overlooked position, are you kidding me?!?!? A great HC is absolutely invaluable, hence why we gave up so much for Gruden.

2nd you say our coaching staff is underrated meaning they are better than people think, then you say clearly Morris is in over his head. Makes no sense. You then follow up that statement by proving yourself wrong. Morris took a 3-13 team and made them into a 10-6 team. He also drafted our Franchise QB in his first draft, followed by continuously strengthening our weakest point, defensive line.

Your post makes no sense and is nothing more than a subjective opinion. Morris being up for coach of the year in his 2nd year is a evidence that he is not clearly in over is head. You can argue that he is a average coach if you like but you don't turn around a young team like he did on accident.

Lol, I was being sarcastic when I said Rah is clearly in over his head. That was for the Morris bashers.

It is subjective opinion but an open discussion none-the-less.

I think we have one of the best coaching staff in the league and Rah clearly has a plan that players have bought into.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#8 : September 08, 2011, 11:07:11 AM

I wish Rah would tell Faine to run through a brick wall....and record it.....and post it on youtube.

wreck ship

Hall of Famer

#9 : September 08, 2011, 11:08:17 AM

+1
+2

BucNY

Hall of Famer

#10 : September 08, 2011, 11:36:47 AM

Lol, I was being sarcastic when I said Rah is clearly in over his head. That was for the Morris bashers.

I think we have one of the best coaching staff in the league and Rah clearly has a plan that players have bought into.

Well considering we agree, I think you have a valid opinion  :)

\\\\\\\"This forum needs a poster like BucNY now more than ever\\\\\\\"
      - Everyone

wreck ship

Hall of Famer

#11 : September 08, 2011, 11:56:05 AM

Well considering we agree, I think you have a valid opinion  :)
lol,  ;)

Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Coaching Staff « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools