Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: WHEN the Bucs leave Tampa, who will you root for? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

Illibuc

Second String

#15 : September 09, 2011, 06:43:19 AM

Just the thought of them leaving makes me sick to my stomach and I live in Illinois. My grandpa who lived in Clearwater converted me to a Bucs fan as a kid in the 80's. I caught a ton of **CENSORED** from Bears fans in those days when I would wear my orange shirts to school. Sadly my grandpa never got to see the Buc's win the Super Bowl. To even THINK of myself becoming a fan of another team with the same kind of passion that I have for The TAMPA BAY Buccaneers will never happen.
I have a friend who is a die hard Browns fan. When Cleveland moved to Baltimore it crushed him. He tried rooting for the Ravens but it just wasn't the same. Then he watched his old Browns win a championship wearing purple and black. I don't want to imagine that happening to our Bucs.

Bucman

Hall of Famer
#16 : September 09, 2011, 06:52:38 AM

I find it hilarious the NFL is still lobbing for a team in LA. How many times does it need to fail for them to realize its not going to work...

Morgan

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer
#17 : September 09, 2011, 07:04:22 AM

If you live in another NFL city do you adopt that team as your favorite eventually?

I see a lot of Buc fans from all over the country - why not adopt the team in your area. I get sick and tired of seeing all these Tampa area fans who continue to wear Steeler, Cowboy, Lions, etc jerseys in our stadium. The drive up in cars w/ FLA plates, but still are fans of out of state teams......I think if I moved away from Tampa permanently, I'd eventually become a fan of the city where I permanently moved to.

Zsnore

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Pro Bowler
#18 : September 09, 2011, 07:55:23 AM

I would root for the Saints. My Dad was born in New Orleans ;)

This is what I think about the Glazers being cheap...

BucNY

Hall of Famer

#19 : September 09, 2011, 08:01:47 AM

I'm already an out of state fan. So when the bucs leave Tampa, ain't gonna happen though, I will still be a bucs fan.

\\\\\\\"This forum needs a poster like BucNY now more than ever\\\\\\\"
      - Everyone

jerseybucsfan

Hall of Famer
#20 : September 09, 2011, 08:52:44 AM

No Morgan, unless you're from Philly and the cretans and hooligans there bully your kid into rooting for the Eagles ... since they're such ''good fans'' and all. Provincial comformist scum more often is accurate.

In Verner We Trust

lyronmewis

Hall of Famer

#21 : September 09, 2011, 09:02:08 AM

London Bucs has a nice ring to it.

yungry bucs

Second String

#22 : September 09, 2011, 12:19:51 PM

Bucs arent going anywhere their in Tampa to stay. Im a true fan thru and thru I wont root for anyone else.

JavaRay

Hall of Famer

#23 : September 09, 2011, 12:21:47 PM

I would root for the Saints. My Dad was born in New Orleans ;)

Traitor

Morgan

Hall of Famer
#24 : September 09, 2011, 12:44:23 PM

Yet we expect all these transplants from the North to adopt the Bucs?

jerseybucsfan

Hall of Famer
#25 : September 09, 2011, 01:39:35 PM

As a point of reference, from what I've observed the last few years, it appears as if the Bucs are getting fewer fans to attend on the road too. That'll change too in the next few years.

In Verner We Trust

Watchman

Starter

#26 : September 09, 2011, 02:53:24 PM

Can't leave for 5 years, maybe 9 without a huge penalty.

Not concerned.

Is there any additional detail on this?  I thought they were locked in for a period of time due to the stadium deal, but I can't find any information.

Morgan

Hall of Famer
#27 : September 09, 2011, 03:17:23 PM

Money can get a team out of almost any deal - there may be a buyout clause.

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#28 : September 09, 2011, 03:23:43 PM

Buc fans will be back. Just need to win again. When TB has a consistent winner again the fans will come back. This town loves any sport when its good. Look at the Lightning. Fans are coming back now that they know the product is good. This season is vital for the bucs to bring the fans back. I think this game this weekend will be vital. Its too bad we live in a bandwagon city but thats the way it is. Something I hope changes but how can that change?? My guess is be a team that never has bad seasons.

acacius

Hall of Famer

#29 : September 09, 2011, 04:04:09 PM

I'm already an out of state fan. So when the bucs leave Tampa, ain't gonna happen though, I will still be a bucs fan.
It's kind off odd.  I was born in Melbourne and grew up in Satellite Beach, so the Bucs were the closest thing that I had to home team growing up, but I've never actually lived in Tampa.  But if the team moved (they aren't so this is entirely hypothetical), it *would* make a difference to me.  I'm not entirely sure what I would do.  All I can say with any real certainty is that there's not a chance in heck that I would become a Falcons fan, which would be one of the two reasonably geographically sensible options.
Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: WHEN the Bucs leave Tampa, who will you root for? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools