Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Packers Vs. Saints - Game Night thread. « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 9 10 11

MiltonMack21

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer

#150 : September 08, 2011, 11:54:52 PM

Wow...  That's what I call stuffing the run.  Great game.

I have the Falcons winning the divsion, but I can sure see why experts have them just a win behind them

I can foresee TWO NFCS team in the playoffs this year.

Falcons and Saints.

nubcake

Hall of Famer

#151 : September 08, 2011, 11:55:08 PM

Am I the only one who thinks that in a 15 point situation late in the game, you should always go for 2 on the first scoring drive? I mean, with this game having only 2:14 left I guess it doesn't matter as much, but with 4 minutes or so, going for it lets you know exactly how much you need. If it's 7 points, kick it off. If you miss and it's 9, you'll know you need 2 more possessions and thus you have to kick it onside and also put together VERY quick drives.

Experts always say to put it off until the last drive no matter what, and I never really understood that logic.

Missing it is deflating for the whole team.  Would never go for 2 after the first score.

It's probably a bit more deflating if you miss it the second time around and you have no time for an onside kick+field goal because you put all your eggs in that drive's basket. I'd rather risk the team getting deflated(get over it, you're professionals) and at least knowing exactly what they need to do than betting everything on converting that 2 point conversion.

JavaRay

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

#152 : September 08, 2011, 11:58:32 PM

Wouldn't it have been nice to see the Bucs open up on the road in Green Bay rather than at home against the Lions?

BucsFTW

Hall of Famer

#153 : September 08, 2011, 11:58:44 PM

Falcons and Saints.
The damnable shame of it is you're right.

I have the Birds for the division, and the Aints in the WC1 slot.

BucsFTW

Hall of Famer

#154 : September 09, 2011, 12:01:34 AM

Wouldn't it have been nice to see the Bucs open up on the road in Green Bay rather than at home against the Lions?
Actually, it might have.  I think I'd rather them get kicked in the teeth by Green Bay at home, than get their butt's handed to them on Sunday by the Lions.

I'm hoping it won't happen, but...  I'd be lying if I said my confidence level is "high".

BucsFTW

Hall of Famer

#155 : September 09, 2011, 12:03:17 AM

It's probably a bit more deflating if you miss it the second time around and you have no time for an onside kick+field goal because you put all your eggs in that drive's basket. I'd rather risk the team getting deflated(get over it, you're professionals) and at least knowing exactly what they need to do than betting everything on converting that 2 point conversion.

On top of that, IF you convert - your team's "sky high" and they know they're only one solid drive away.

nubcake

Hall of Famer

#156 : September 09, 2011, 12:06:46 AM

John Galt?

Hall of Famer
#157 : September 09, 2011, 12:14:51 AM

Great game up to that last play, that's where I went "HUH?"

Brees goes 79 yards in seconds an you call a draw????

That's almost as dumb as calling a reverse when leading against a Luke led team with time running out.

nubcake

Hall of Famer

#158 : September 09, 2011, 12:18:39 AM

Also I'm posting this just because it reminded me of some of Olson's playcalling last season lol

TheChronicHotAir

Hall of Famer

#159 : September 09, 2011, 12:38:36 AM

After watching the Pack/Saints game, it's clear that Raheem is Right: "We're the best team in the NFC."

"CROWN US!!!"

Enhanced Cranston Logo - \"Alan Cranston-- You\'ve Just Been Warholled!\"

BucsFTW

Hall of Famer

#160 : September 09, 2011, 12:41:27 AM

Well played Mauer.

JavaRay

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

#161 : September 09, 2011, 02:14:22 AM

After watching the Pack/Saints game, it's clear that Raheem is Right: "We're the best team in the NFC."

"CROWN US!!!"

jerseybucsfan

Hall of Famer
#162 : September 09, 2011, 08:23:42 AM

You see these things are a matter of perspective. Offenses great, but special teams and defenses not so much so, at least on the stopping the return aspect. The Pack give up 34, win after time is technically over and their announcer is yelling about 'the dagger?' Sorry, but they survived. Payton blew the game for his team. Dumb going for it earlier and dumb final call. He should have walked outta there winning 44-42, not losing. Awful fumble by Colston. Nice comeback by NO and we've seen this a few times vs. GB on defense, where they're shredded for a while but their offense gave them just enough cushion to hold on .... last year vs. the Eagles twice, vs. Pitt.At some point Green Bay is gonna play a big game like this and lose.
Great but vulnerable.

In Verner We Trust

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#163 : September 09, 2011, 08:29:18 AM

Well the two short yardage calls by Payton were just bad plays all around - actually the third down play before the 4th earlier in the game was as bad.  Why you pack in in and let GB load up for bear the way they did was insane. Spread out and let your uber-world QB win or lose for you not your rookie RB and an OL that wasn't playing that well.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.
If you think Manziel is the best QB in this draft I can safely assume you are an idiot and will treat you as such.

jerseybucsfan

Hall of Famer
#164 : September 09, 2011, 08:44:33 AM

Exactly, dalbuc. Fake into the line, sprint right option. Ingram over the top and you might be able to walk it in. It was a great stop by GB, but by the same token they let NO go 79 yards on them at the drop of a hat. In this sense the penalty may have helped them. If there's time left and you have even 1  more play, it's a bad penalty. IF you get three or four chances you won't stop them. But one play.... it actually was just a do-over, but from closer.

In Verner We Trust
Page: 1 ... 9 10 11
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Packers Vs. Saints - Game Night thread. « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools