Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Why didn't Dominik sign Sproles? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 ... 8

JavaRay

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

« : September 08, 2011, 10:19:33 PM »

Seems like he would have been a valuable addition to the "core".    I think his policy of not signing other team's free agents is ridiculous.

tbc_bucs

Hall of Famer
« #1 : September 08, 2011, 10:20:53 PM »

Sproles would have been a good signing. Great change of pace... I agree, clueless that we didn't make an attempt on this one.

Captain Hindsight

Hall of Famer

« #2 : September 08, 2011, 10:21:37 PM »

The Plan™

Beatles123

Hall of Famer

« #3 : September 08, 2011, 10:24:41 PM »

CH. are you gonna keep bashing Dom over that?

Screw sproles. Yeah, we didn't get him...we didn't get Dan Marino either.

This space for rent....*sigh* I trusted you coach.

Captain Hindsight

Hall of Famer

« #4 : September 08, 2011, 10:25:50 PM »

I'm not bashing anyone, I'm telling him why Dom didn't pursue Sproles... am I wrong?

tbc_bucs

Hall of Famer
« #5 : September 08, 2011, 10:28:43 PM »

Sproles didn't like the socks in the locker room.... That's my guess.

Beatles123

Hall of Famer

« #6 : September 08, 2011, 10:31:39 PM »

No, but I get so pissed when people moan about what players we don't sign AFTER THE FACT. It's like if you pick an apple and you find out it has a worm in it--"I wish i'd ate a peach instead!"

Let me ask you, you don't suppose people wish they had Koenan or Josh?

It's not you. I just hate this kind of pointless "What if?" talk.

This space for rent....*sigh* I trusted you coach.

JavaRay

Hall of Famer

« #7 : September 08, 2011, 10:32:56 PM »

There were plenty complaining about Dominik's lack of signings BEFORE THE FACT and DURING THE FACT as well.     Don't use that lame excuse.   

Tampa-Two

Hall of Famer

« #8 : September 08, 2011, 10:34:52 PM »

I hoped we got a quality player like sproles when we signed Ward.

tbc_bucs

Hall of Famer
« #9 : September 08, 2011, 10:34:52 PM »

I hear you Beatles... I think the disappointment comes from everyone around us improving via free agency. If we happen to look great come Sunday and into this season it's a moot point, but until we play game 1 and see the plan year 3 in action tHere will be questions from folks.

JavaRay

Hall of Famer

« #10 : September 08, 2011, 10:39:01 PM »

I hoped we got a quality player like sproles when we signed Ward.

One look at any Ward highlight reel on the Giants should have told you he wasn't anything other than an Aaron Stecker type of back running through gaping holes with the Giants.

Hate

Hall of Famer
« #11 : September 08, 2011, 10:40:31 PM »

No, but I get so pissed when people moan about what players we don't sign AFTER THE FACT. It's like if you pick an apple and you find out it has a worm in it--"I wish i'd ate a peach instead!"

There were plenty that wanted him before he signed with the Saints though i wasn't one of them. I want a RB that could tote the rock in Blount's absence and I don't think Sproles would be very effective in that role.

-------------------------------------------------------

I thought Lovie said he wanted quickness & speed, even at the QB position?

Bradspace

Pro Bowler

« #12 : September 08, 2011, 10:53:20 PM »

I loved Sproles when he was at K-State.  I wanted him in the draft and again during this year's free agency, but I'm not going to stamp my feet and throw a message board tantrum over it.  I like what Dom has managed to build so far, and I can be patient through the rest of the rebuilding process.  It's already further along than I would have anticipated, so I'm not sweating over a third down back, however good he might be. 

BerubesBucs

Hall of Famer

« #13 : September 08, 2011, 10:55:29 PM »

in after and before people bash this thread just because Java made it.

he's right... can't beleive we didn't make a play for him. offense has no electricity at this point. no "lightning" kind of player... sproles would have been ideal.

FreeWill

Starter

« #14 : September 08, 2011, 10:59:39 PM »

There were plenty that wanted him before he signed with the Saints though i wasn't one of them. I want a RB that could tote the rock in Blount's absence and I don't think Sproles would be very effective in that role.

I agree. But at the same time, would you rather be going into the season with Sproles in the #2 spot or Lumpkin??

Page: 1 2 3 ... 8
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Why didn't Dominik sign Sproles? « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools