Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Why didn't Dominik sign Sproles? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 8

baybuc35

Hall of Famer
#30 : September 09, 2011, 01:12:22 AM

Your always so negative.. I sent you a PM

BucsFTW

Hall of Famer

#31 : September 09, 2011, 01:51:42 AM

Let me know how that works out for ya...

Meanwhile,

Don't worry. We will find someone just as good from somebody's practice squad.

And you wonder why I give you digs?

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#32 : September 09, 2011, 01:58:01 AM

He didn;t sign a LOT of players because he was told he couldn't.

Guys like Aso, guys like Sproles, guys like Joseph make teams better.

You sign guys like this in a quest to win superbowls.

Unless Dom thinks he has a Superbowl winner already, and if he does truly think this, well...

He is either like Chazmoney, thinking every game is the BUcs 28-24, or he is Nostr-effin-damus.  I don't see it.

The Glazers selling the team would be GOLDEN news to me.

JavaRay

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

#33 : September 09, 2011, 02:10:53 AM

They signed Joseph.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#34 : September 09, 2011, 02:11:29 AM

C'mpn Chaz...regardless of what we do in FA, you know damn well come Sunday, you are all Bucs pulling out 3 point wins...ha ha ha!

I love that!  You are a very good fan!  But homerish is what we should ALL inspire to be.  You put your heart out there, I dig that...a lot of guys don;t do that, win or lose.

Hell, I think every game the Bucs play on the West Coast is a loss...ha ha ha!  You are a good dude.

JavaRay

Hall of Famer

#35 : September 09, 2011, 02:40:34 AM

Chaz, your attitude is exactly like mine when I was your age.   So maybe you can expect to have my attitude when you get in your late 40's.

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#36 : September 09, 2011, 06:18:11 AM

ROTFLMAO - lots of good thoughts over the years.  Lots of good conversations.  Congrats on 40K

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

Bucman

Hall of Famer
#37 : September 09, 2011, 06:27:23 AM

Java has so many board names now its hard to keep up with the ignoring.

Morgan

Hall of Famer
#38 : September 09, 2011, 06:53:24 AM

Seems like he would have been a valuable addition to the "core".    I think his policy of not signing other team's free agents is ridiculous.

Sproles looks like a gamer - we could have used him in so many different ways - but we have Lumpkin.

Zsnore

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Pro Bowler
#39 : September 09, 2011, 08:02:02 AM

We would of paid Sproles BIG money for what?... He's not gonna come in and be the #1???. If I'm not mistaken I saw Blount, do some pretty good catching out of the backfield this preseason. We're gonna bring in Sproles to take snaps away from guys we're already trying to develop? Pretty sure EG can come out of the backfield also. We have guys on the roster that can do what Sproles does.

This is what I think about the Glazers being cheap...

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#40 : September 09, 2011, 08:08:19 AM

We would of paid Sproles BIG money for what?... He's not gonna come in and be the #1???. If I'm not mistaken I saw Blount, do some pretty good catching out of the backfield this preseason. We're gonna bring in Sproles to take snaps away from guys we're already trying to develop? Pretty sure EG can come out of the backfield also. We have guys on the roster that can do what Sproles does.

No dude we don't. Graham can't do what Sproles does...don't even try and get me started on Lumpkin or Bradford. No he's not gonna be the #1 but we needed a 3rd down back - still do at this point- and Sproles is the up market version of Reggie Bush.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

Zsnore

Pro Bowler
#41 : September 09, 2011, 08:13:31 AM

We need other things more then a 2nd back that comes in on 3rd down. Who would have made millions more then are #1... Does the economics of this make sense at all? This is an example of the fans projecting their expectations without really knowing whats going on.

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#42 : September 09, 2011, 08:26:44 AM

We need other things more then a 2nd back that comes in on 3rd down. Who would have made millions more then are #1... Does the economics of this make sense at all? This is an example of the fans projecting their expectations without really knowing whats going on.

Right because punter is where you spend the millions more than your starting RB. Good point.

We need a lot of things and we didn't get any of them but saying we need an OL more than a 3rd down back doesn't mean that you shouldn't get a third down back. Using that logic the entire draft after round 2 was a mistake because we clearly needed more things than 2 backup TE's for example and we "wasted" time getting them.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#43 : September 09, 2011, 08:41:07 AM

Why didn't Dominik sign Sproles?

because Dominik thinks we already have enough receivers?

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

Zsnore

Pro Bowler
#44 : September 09, 2011, 08:42:11 AM

Punter was stolen from a division rival.
drafting of the TE's is because of the direction in the offensive scheme

If LG has a bigger year then Sproles, and were all expecting/want(some of us) him to. We would of ended up with one hella expensive backfield, or worse...Then you would of been able to come back here and complain how we overpaid Sproles, and didn't address X position here. You're  gonna do that anyway tho

Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 8
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Why didn't Dominik sign Sproles? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools