Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: WR Jordy Nelson « previous next »
Page: 1

bucfan26

Pro Bowler
: September 09, 2011, 01:11:56 AM

Did you effective he was in the Superbowl and tonight vs. The Saints? I really think if the Bucs are going to excel Arrelious Benn needs show up like Nelson for The Packers and be our #2 WR. Mike Williams is already there as the consistent #1 WR. Benn is clearly the unknown in our offense (at least to some extent)*. I'm hoping for big things from him this season along with Desmond Briscoe in three WR sets.

With Williams/Winslow drawing more of the double-teams this season someone else will have to emerge for us to really open it up.

Tracktion

Second String

#1 : September 09, 2011, 01:20:54 AM

Benn was progressing fine when he went down. Can think of 3 catches off the top of my head that kept us in big games. Briscoe looks the part with his size and speed.

But my break out player this season I see being Spurlock. Really really like his route running in preseason and we have all seen what he can do in space. Given his newfound time with 5 I see him having a good year.

Java

Practice Squad

#2 : September 09, 2011, 01:22:55 AM

Mostly what I took away from watching the Packers and the Saints is that there's room for Williams, Benn and Briscoe all to develop into very good receivers and still be part of the same rotation. I think there's a natural concern that if too many guys get to be good, one would have to leave. These teams that really spread it around show that you can have a lot of guys be part of the offense and still keep them all happy and effective. It's especially nice for a guy like Freeman that likes to go to so many different targets.

Nelson and Cobb looked good for the Packers and the Saints spread it around a lot, but we have a lot of young, promise guys on our team and much to be optimistic about going forward, both in general, and specifically amongst our receiving group.

\"What I want,\" Morris said, \"is multiple (bleeping) championships.\"

baybuc35

Hall of Famer
#3 : September 09, 2011, 01:24:43 AM

Whats is this ^^^^

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#4 : September 09, 2011, 01:54:12 AM

You can say this and that, but without laser precision, an ability to make four reads in 3 seconds, and an offensive line capable of giving you the first 2.3 for free, well...

Bottom line:  It all depends on the play of Josh Freeman.  His pocket mobility, his ability to hit precise spots, to make the clutch throws.  His handle onthe game. 

Of course, the Bucs stupidity in thinking the O-line is good as is has me baffled.  But to each his own.  They see something ost of us do not.

I see cheap ownership is what I see.

Can you imagine Brees or Rogers behind the BUcs O-line?  It wouldn't work.

But Free makes it work because he is big and strong, and fleet of foot, and can throw powerfully on the run.

Thank you.

bucfan26

Pro Bowler
#5 : September 09, 2011, 01:58:31 AM

You can say this and that, but without laser precision, an ability to make four reads in 3 seconds, and an offensive line capable of giving you the first 2.3 for free, well...

Bottom line:  It all depends on the play of Josh Freeman.  His pocket mobility, his ability to hit precise spots, to make the clutch throws.  His handle onthe game. 

Of course, the Bucs stupidity in thinking the O-line is good as is has me baffled.  But to each his own.  They see something ost of us do not.

I see cheap ownership is what I see.

Can you imagine Brees or Rogers behind the BUcs O-line?  It wouldn't work.

But Free makes it work because he is big and strong, and fleet of foot, and can throw powerfully on the run.

Thank you.

The o-line is shaky but we can't do anything about it now barring a trade or waiver claim. At least Freeman is mobile it could be worse.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#6 : September 09, 2011, 02:00:14 AM

Pretty much said that NewBalance26.

Java

Practice Squad

#7 : September 09, 2011, 02:44:15 AM

As Freeman matures and improves, he'll make the offensive line look better. He's so gifted athletically that he can escape the rush and keep them on their heels and as he speeds up his reads and gets the ball out quicker, which will happen with experience and chemistry with the receivers, which also keeps the guys rushing the QB off balance. If Brees played behind our line, he'd get the ball out so quickly, the opposing rush wouldn't be so effective. You can see that with New Orleans now. He just destroys blitzes with his quick reads and throws.

Freeman is such a joy to watch and a cause for so much optimism because as he gets better and better, he'll improve the play of everyone around him just by how the defense will have to adjust.

\"What I want,\" Morris said, \"is multiple (bleeping) championships.\"

Bucman

Hall of Famer
#8 : September 09, 2011, 02:46:11 AM

The Packers have talent all over the place at WR. I'm not sure we have that even close to that talent level here at WR. We have some good ones though. Not to mention I like our run game over the Packers

BucNY

Hall of Famer

#9 : September 09, 2011, 08:19:40 AM

Less Jordy Nelson, more Aaron Rogers

It's the Peyton Manning effect. A great QB makes his WR look much much better than they really are. Did you see Rogers last night? Throwing darts to WR who were not only covered, but absolutely blanketed. No separation from the WR but it didn't matter cuz Rogers was surgical.

\\\\\\\"This forum needs a poster like BucNY now more than ever\\\\\\\"
      - Everyone

The Franchi5e

Pro Bowler

#10 : September 09, 2011, 09:04:44 AM

Rejus is going to end up being our #1 by the end of the year.
Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: WR Jordy Nelson « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools