Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: The new Warren Sapp « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6

notabucsfan

Hall of Famer

#30 : September 10, 2011, 11:42:44 AM

Not even similar players. Suh is the next Reggie White.

I actually think the guy next to Suh (Fairley) played a lot like Sapp in college. If he comes back from his injury and plays well in the NFL I think he has he chance to best resemble Sapp.

I could see that. Fairley did have some Sapp like moves. Can't compare Suh to anyone, he is unique-one of a kind. Never seen a DT with feet that quick combined with incredible upper body strength.

McCoy is also hard to compare with anyone else. I do think he is a very good DT and I expect him to rack up 7-8 sacks this year while causing 10+ sacks that others get credit for.

Suh is just one of a kind. He plays with more power then anybody on the field and he has good quickness for his size. I also feel Suh is a little on the dirty side and in a couple years that is all he is going to be known for. I am happy with McCoy though and am tired of hearing about Suh. McCoy will do just fine IMO and is on his way there... What happens if McCoy gets 10 sacks this year and Suh only gets 3?

AKA T.Calvin

Starter

#31 : September 10, 2011, 11:46:54 AM

I hate Suh. Overhyped piece of Media hyperbole trash. the fact he's even compared to Sapp makes me sick! He isn't even worthy to carry Sapp's Jersey.
Overhyped? lol he lead the league in sacks for defensive tackles and made the probowl his rookie year,he aint living off his name ...just saying,might not be sapp but he is the real deal
: September 10, 2011, 11:50:27 AM AKA T.Calvin

notabucsfan

Hall of Famer

#32 : September 10, 2011, 11:49:21 AM

I hate Suh. Overhyped piece of Media hyperbole trash. the fact he's even compared to Sapp makes me sick! He isn't even worthy to carry Sapp's Jersey.
Overhyped? lol he lead the league in sacks for defensive tackles and make the probowl his rookie year,he aint living off his name ...just saying

I am going to come back with my best Java like response he would use if we were talking about a current Buccaneer....

Remember Michael Clayton?

AKA T.Calvin

Starter

#33 : September 10, 2011, 11:53:02 AM

Yea i remember him but then again Remember Randy Moss??

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer
#34 : September 10, 2011, 11:58:04 AM

Allow me to shift the topic a bit...Who out of our DE's can become our "Big gun" the way Suh is down the lline?

I see Bowers becoming a beast.
start your own thread and quit polluting this one.  this is about how great Suh is and how McCoy sucks in comparison to him.

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer
#35 : September 10, 2011, 11:59:48 AM

I actually think the guy next to Suh (Fairley) played a lot like Sapp in college. If he comes back from his injury and plays well in the NFL I think he has he chance to best resemble Sapp.

I could see that. Fairley did have some Sapp like moves. Can't compare Suh to anyone, he is unique-one of a kind. Never seen a DT with feet that quick combined with incredible upper body strength.

McCoy is also hard to compare with anyone else. I do think he is a very good DT and I expect him to rack up 7-8 sacks this year while causing 10+ sacks that others get credit for.

Suh is just one of a kind. He plays with more power then anybody on the field and he has good quickness for his size. I also feel Suh is a little on the dirty side and in a couple years that is all he is going to be known for. I am happy with McCoy though and am tired of hearing about Suh. McCoy will do just fine IMO and is on his way there... What happens if McCoy gets 10 sacks this year and Suh only gets 3?
then you can bookmark this thread and call us out when it happens.  I'm a patient man.

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer
#36 : September 10, 2011, 12:02:46 PM

I'd much rather have McCoy than Suh because McCoy is our guy.

Go Bucs!
::)

acacius

Hall of Famer

#37 : September 10, 2011, 12:46:24 PM

then you can bookmark this thread and call us out when it happens.  I'm a patient man.

On a slightly more realistic note, what happens if McCoy gets 8 sacks and Suh gets 10?  Oh, that's right, you'll keep whining about fact that even though we have a very good player, he's less successful than someone we never had a chance at anyways.

JavaRay

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

#38 : September 10, 2011, 12:48:17 PM

Suh was the best rookie defensive tackle I have ever seen.    I am curious to see what he does against Freeman and Blount Sunday.

notabucsfan

Hall of Famer

#39 : September 10, 2011, 12:49:51 PM

Suh was the best rookie defensive tackle I have ever seen.    I am curious to see what he does against Freeman and Blount Sunday.

Probably the same as last year. Get stiff armed to the ground by Freeman and let Blount run for over 100 yards up his middle with only about 16 carries.

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer
#40 : September 10, 2011, 12:55:46 PM

On a slightly more realistic note, what happens if McCoy gets 8 sacks and Suh gets 10?  Oh, that's right, you'll keep whining about fact that even though we have a very good player, he's less successful than someone we never had a chance at anyways.
if McCoy gets 8 sacks or is even in that neighborhood then I will gladly stop whining.

Blaze688

Hall of Famer

#41 : September 10, 2011, 12:57:34 PM

Suh was the best rookie defensive tackle I have ever seen.

That's because he was the best rookie defensive tackle in league history.  I can't say which direction his career will take, and don't know if he's destined for a Michael Dean Perry-type of sophomore season, but Suh sits alone on the rookie throne.

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer
#42 : September 10, 2011, 12:59:02 PM

I just want to see a reason for him being the #3 pick in the draft.  But as long as he is accepting $12 million bonuses while not really doing crap I am going to whine.

TB5219

Starter
#43 : September 10, 2011, 01:05:20 PM

Why does there even need to be a "next Sapp"? In their second years, it STILL will be too early to call either of them HOF bound. Suh is Suh, as a rookie he was surrounded by good veterans and allowed to play his natural position. McCoy is McCoy, and was a rookie on a line that had nowhere near the talent or experience and was moved around a lot before getting injured. I think I'll wait a few years to see what they become. I'm tired of hearing about Suh, and hope not to have to weed through any threads about him after this week that we're playing. Just to change it up, could you maybe put a "next Mike Vick" thread up next time or something?

\"When you find yourself in a position of strength, a position of power or authority, you can go one way or the other. You can be a man built for others, which is all about effort and empathy. Or you can just walk around acting like your better than everyone else, which is basically arrogance and indifference about the world around you.\"
- Joe Ehrmann

Beatles123

Hall of Famer

#44 : September 10, 2011, 01:21:40 PM

Skull, The thread was never meant to be about what McCoy is or isn't. It is about what Sapp said, and I disagree. I then asked who WE HAD that might become Suh/Sapp like...that's not "Polluting."

Anyway, I don't see why people gush over this stuff so much. I think McCoy is in line for a great year, yet no matter how good he does, people will be too entranced over Suh to notice.

A good way to compare this is John Bonham Vs. his son, Jason...Bonham was a powerhouse and respected in his field, but once Jason began a career he was instantly compared to his dad despite the fact he was AMAZING in his own way. People always tend to overlook guys who just aren't popular, but miss out on what they CAN do.

It may not be exactly like that, but it's one way of putting it.
: September 10, 2011, 01:25:54 PM Beatles123

This space for rent....*sigh* I trusted you coach.
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: The new Warren Sapp « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools