Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Game day Thread- Bucs vs Lions « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 ... 51

JM2

Pro Bowler

: September 11, 2011, 07:49:41 AM

I think that regardless who wins it will be a competitive game. As I posted elsewhere I have a feeling the Bucs are actually going to start slow this year before turning it on and finishing very strong but I hope I aim wrong!

Things I'll be watching closely:
Suh vs Faine
Talib vs Megatron
Our Dline vs their Oline

Go Bucs!

And with the first pick in the 2014 NFL Draft, the Tampa Bay Buccaneers select Teddy Bridgewater, Quarterback, Louisville.

Morgan

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer
#1 : September 11, 2011, 07:56:15 AM

Need to get to Stafford - early and often.
-------------------------
No inactive report yet....

http://www.nfl.com/inactives

Morgan

Hall of Famer
#2 : September 11, 2011, 07:57:30 AM

I missed that you already started a thread....I'll go lock the thread I started.

JM2

Pro Bowler

#3 : September 11, 2011, 07:58:51 AM

No worries Morgan, yours actually posted first. I tried to delete this one but was denied. Sorry it didn't occur to me to lock it.

And with the first pick in the 2014 NFL Draft, the Tampa Bay Buccaneers select Teddy Bridgewater, Quarterback, Louisville.

Morgan

Hall of Famer
#4 : September 11, 2011, 08:04:09 AM

Keep yours open - I locked the other one....

Go Bucs

nitey

Hall of Famer
#5 : September 11, 2011, 08:07:06 AM

Suh should be facing Davin most of the day, at least when the Lions are in their 4-3 package. Yesterday, through the NFL's Game Rewind I was able to rewatch last years game between the Lions and the Bucs. Ted Larson did a pretty good job of keeping Suh at bay most of the game. Suh did get a couple good pressures, but I don't think I saw him get any sacks. Avril is the guy I'm more worried about, he gave Lee fits and eventually Lee gave way to Trueblood in that game. Funny thing, Freeman looked in the 1st quarter very similar to the way he played most of the preseason. Too many missed throws high and a couple of passes that really should have been picked off. The team ended with punts on their first 5-6 possessions. I wouldn't be surprised if the start this game doesn't mirror that Christmas game of last season.

Success is when Skill meets OpportunityFailure is when Fantasy meets Reality

JavaRay

Hall of Famer

#6 : September 11, 2011, 08:07:30 AM

Lookout!

BTownBucFan

Hall of Famer
#7 : September 11, 2011, 08:12:06 AM

ticket ... CHECK
beer brats  ... CHECK
extremely excited ... CHECK

Heading out in about 1 hour.  I know they said to get there early, but didn't really say if that means their opening the gates earlier than normal. Wanna get there early not to miss anything.  Looking forward to the 9/11 & Lee Roy Selmon tributes.  Can't wait!!!  GO BUCS!

BucsGuru

Hall of Famer
#8 : September 11, 2011, 08:16:20 AM

I'm super excited about another year of BUCS football.  Very anxious about this game today; hopefully every Bucs Player has listened to the disrespect they have been given from the media and the Lions....it's time to go PROVE it on the field!!!!!

TAMPA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

JavaRay

Hall of Famer

#9 : September 11, 2011, 08:17:31 AM

Enjoy the game BTown!   I can honestly say that this should be an interesting one and I would attend it if I were in Tampa.    It's a bit ridiculous it didn't sell out.   The Glazers must be doing a horrible job marketing that team.

nitey

Hall of Famer
#10 : September 11, 2011, 08:27:46 AM

My 5 Game Keys for the Bucs

1. Make Stafford uncomfortable - This is were our new defensive line has to step up. Stafford has a very quick release (at least he showed one during the preseason) so he's most comfortable with short to intermediate passes. McCoy, Miller, Okam and Price are going to have to push the interior of the offensive line quickly to make Stafford move out of the pocket. He doesn't throw nearly as well when he's moving than when he has a moment to set and release. I fully expect the Lions to come out using that quick tempo offense that New England used against us during the preseason. We have to respond in kind.

2. Talib needs to be close to Johnson - Far too often last season, Talib was off the line of scrimmage by 10-12 yards, he needs to play closer because Stafford WILL throw that short 5-6 yard pass to Johnson and let him run with it and that will be a first down every time. He needs to chuck Johnson within the first 5 yards and then stay close on him. Johnson will get his catches, but if we can keep him to short catches we'll win that matchup.

3. Offensive line needs to step up and be the offensive line we saw at the end of last season. Olsen needs to get our offense going faster this game and should come out with the no huddle offense to start. Freeman needs to make some short quick throws to get him self in rhythm. For all of that to happen, the offensive line needs to play penalty free football and execute against a very good Lions defensive line. This will be a good test for our line, and frankly it's a very good thing that Freeman is not only big, but mobile.

4. Get the running game going. The Bucs were the most effective in their last match up when the play action pass was working. To do that, they have to get Blount going. However, in the game last season, Blount didn't really get going until late in the 2nd quarter. I think the Bucs can actually live with that, but it would really help the offense if Blount can average 3-5 yards right off the bat.

5. Watch out of Pettigrew. Stafford uses his tight end as much as we use ours and Pettigrew can hurt you. In those 3 and longs, we have to make sure that Barber or Biggers is covering Pettigrew (or perhaps Watson).

JMO.

Success is when Skill meets OpportunityFailure is when Fantasy meets Reality

BTownBucFan

Hall of Famer
#11 : September 11, 2011, 08:50:34 AM

Enjoy the game BTown!   I can honestly say that this should be an interesting one and I would attend it if I were in Tampa.    It's a bit ridiculous it didn't sell out.   The Glazers must be doing a horrible job marketing that team.

Thanks!  I agree.

jovy_t

Rookie

#12 : September 11, 2011, 09:04:36 AM

This will be my first season away from the United States so I'll be lurking these threads quite often.  I'll be lucky to be able to find a stream that will work.

JavaRay

Hall of Famer

#13 : September 11, 2011, 09:07:37 AM

This will be my first season away from the United States so I'll be lurking these threads quite often.  I'll be lucky to be able to find a stream that will work.

Mungkin jalan jalan ke klub embassy amerika.   jika di jakarta, bisa lihat disana.   tapi tidak tau jika bisa di sumatra

Bucman

Hall of Famer
#14 : September 11, 2011, 09:18:54 AM

Hopefully the Bucs come out and get a blow out for Selmon.

Page: 1 2 3 ... 51
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Game day Thread- Bucs vs Lions « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools