Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Bucs busted for lockout contact « previous next »
Page: 1

YReceiver14

Starter

« : September 11, 2011, 12:48:40 PM »

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/09/11/raheem-morris-bucs-busted-for-lockout-contact/

Throughout the lockout, it appeared that the NFL wouldn’t take any action to address what likely was rampant contact between teams and players during the lockout.

Charley Casserly of CBS reports that the NFL is now investigating several teams for impermissible contact with players.  Specifically, Casserly said that the Buccaneers will be fined.

A source with knowledge of the situation tells PFT that the Bucs were caught via phone records reflecting that seven calls were placed to players, three of which registered at a minute or less.

One call, the source explains, was made by coach Raheem Morris to tight end Kellen Winslow to congratulate him on the birth of a child.  In another call, Morris called former Bucs linebacker Niko Koutovides.

The Bucs have not yet been informed of the specific punishment.  During the lockout, it was reported that any coach who violates the prohibition against lockout contact will be fired with cause, which means without pay.

If anyone thinks the Bucs will fire Raheem Morris with cause, we suggest not holding your breath.  Or any other bodily function.

“Before you can be labeled elite, you’ve got to get a lot closer to having rings.”  --Josh Freeman, May 2012

notabucsfan

Hall of Famer

« #1 : September 11, 2011, 12:50:47 PM »

Oh no Morris called Winslow to congratulate him on the birth of his child? Fire him now please.

YReceiver14

Starter

« #2 : September 11, 2011, 12:56:02 PM »

I thought I read somewhere that contact for non-football related topics was permissible.

“Before you can be labeled elite, you’ve got to get a lot closer to having rings.”  --Josh Freeman, May 2012

BayAreaBuc

Hall of Famer

« #3 : September 11, 2011, 12:59:46 PM »

GET MORRIS OUT OF HERE for congratulating WINSLOW ON SOMETHING LIKE THAT!!!

#Mikey2Quarters

ingey1968

Starter

« #4 : September 11, 2011, 01:00:34 PM »

It was. I remember when the Lions actually had a golf outing for charity and coaches and players were there. they just couldnt discuss football

notabucsfan

Hall of Famer

« #5 : September 11, 2011, 01:00:55 PM »

GET MORRIS OUT OF HERE for congratulating WINSLOW ON SOMETHING LIKE THAT!!!

What type of horrible person would do something like that? That is inexcusable.

MucBuc

Starter
« #6 : September 11, 2011, 01:04:35 PM »

Maybe he tried to recruit the kid to sign with the Bucs in 2032. That's tampering!  :o

Oh, how I tire of young men and their ambitions.
  Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Bucs busted for lockout contact « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools