Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Morris And Olson Play Calling Discussion Thread « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 7

Detrimental

Hall of Famer

#15 : September 11, 2011, 04:34:49 PM

First half Morris calls a timid gameplan and just let's Stafford rip the zone a new one. We got Spurlock at PR making bad decisions that cost us field position. Olson calls a conservative game plan all first half. No sense of urgency to speed the tempo up of the game. I thought the D played well when they were rested though.

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#16 : September 11, 2011, 04:37:01 PM

While the gameplan was borderline horrid, but the execution was even worse.

I swear to gawd, if they take Freeman off of the field in lieu of Josh Johnson in the first quarter again - I'll friggin' lose it.  The organization finally gets a franchise QB, and the OC is **CENSORED**in' around with some back-up QB running gadget plays.

bashear

Hall of Famer

#17 : September 11, 2011, 04:38:35 PM

I didn't see bad line play.  Poor play selection yes.  Not going no huddle to get Freeman going was a mistake.
11 RB carries for 28 yards. That's the bad O-line play.

Captain Hindsight

Hall of Famer

#18 : September 11, 2011, 04:54:06 PM

I swear to gawd, if they take Freeman off of the field in lieu of Josh Johnson in the first quarter again - I'll friggin' lose it.  The organization finally gets a franchise QB, and the OC is **CENSORED**in' around with some back-up QB running gadget plays.

Yep.

I'd like to see us emulate GB on the field, spread those **CENSORED**es out and no huddle it.

Freeman's slow starts have got to stop too.

wolfet

Pro Bowler
#19 : September 11, 2011, 04:59:02 PM

The OL was not the problem.  Honestly, it did not appear there was a game plan.  Most Olines would struggle with the time it took our plays to develop.  Also, there was nothing keeping the Lions off-balance.  The LB's were making most of the plays and quickly filling the holes.  The OL actually did a good job on SUH.  However, no continuity in the play calling or originality.  Oslsen seems to be a great QB coah, but OC he is not.  How many times were we going to try to run EG out of the spread with no success.  Where the hell was Blunt?  What did he have four or five carries?  We did not have a plan and yes we are better in the spread right now because we are not as obvious.

Madman

Hall of Famer

#20 : September 11, 2011, 05:05:03 PM

Completey out coached... and outplayed. It really wasn't as close as the score.

Just got back. Tough to watch.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#21 : September 11, 2011, 05:09:12 PM

Olsen SUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCKS.  I was shaking my head thinking Free was hurt when I saw Johnson enter the game.  And then they ran that vanilla play, and I was like....OLSEN SUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCKS!

Olsen sucks.  Deal with it people.  He is a schizo with his playcalling, he has no focus.  He needs to take meds to calm his monkey mind down.

And FWIW, the O-line was abysmal out there.  Free was getting whacked, forced to move waaay to often and early.  And they can't even get Graham 1 yard on a dive play?

Awful  They should have QB sneaked it.

The O-line in a phonebooth is pathetic.

Overall terrible game by all involved.  They should be ashamed of themselves.  The soft cover zone they were playing was target practice, and the missed angles was Sabby all over again.

This game sucked so bad, I am suprosed they only lost by 1 TD.  They should have lost by 4 or 5 to be honest.

freddy

Hall of Famer
#22 : September 11, 2011, 05:38:07 PM

Sorry, his element should just being on the football field. It is a good thing to be able to step in up in pressure situations, but not when that is the only time you do anything. Freeman needs to get his head out of his butt in the 1st quarter.

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#23 : September 11, 2011, 05:38:55 PM

And FWIW, the O-line was abysmal out there.  Free was getting whacked, forced to move waaay to often and early.  And they can't even get Graham 1 yard on a dive play?

Awful  They should have QB sneaked it.

The O-line in a phonebooth is pathetic.

I was curious to see if there would still be people saying "the OL isn't the problem" after this game.  Shockingly, there are.

rocko23

Hall of Famer
#24 : September 11, 2011, 05:39:59 PM

the announcer eve said free needs to be let to control the tempo and run the hurry up, everyone can see that. if thats where free is best then let be successful

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#25 : September 11, 2011, 05:48:18 PM

I never bagged on Olson once in the past, but......Freeman looks dazed and confused and that is on Olson IMO.   He never gets into tempo except in the no huddle.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

guy519

Practice Squad

#26 : September 11, 2011, 05:51:12 PM

Freeman actually played good. We dropped 5 passes including a td. Olsen needs to become more aggresive with the playcalling. Josh is a smart kid and knows how to take care of the ball.

rocko23

Hall of Famer
#27 : September 11, 2011, 05:51:59 PM

I never bagged on Olson once in the past, but......Freeman looks dazed and confused and that is on Olson IMO.   He never gets into tempo except in the no huddle.
then OIson needs to put him in position to succeed

freddy

Hall of Famer
#28 : September 11, 2011, 05:52:15 PM

I remember similar conversations about Clyde Christiansen and Shaun King. Obviously Freeman is much better than King, at least his "hands" aren't too small. But Freeman deserves a share of the blame too.

Captain Hindsight

Hall of Famer

#29 : September 11, 2011, 05:53:47 PM

This is how it was last year, Free never got going until the tempo picked up and the no huddle was utilized more. Either he or the coaches need to prepare him better to start the game, or just Green Bay that **CENSORED** and let it fly from the 1st QTR to the 4th.

Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 7
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Morris And Olson Play Calling Discussion Thread « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools