Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: I'll be honest...I've never felt so awful. « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 ... 8

Beatles123

Hall of Famer

: September 11, 2011, 06:41:47 PM

I am as big a homer as it comes...I've been called KING of the homers...but this loss has hurt me and hurt me deep.

Ever since last year, that loss had been on my mind...that BS PI call....I felt sure we would own up and come back better...I actually couldn't stop stressing over it all last year because I knew if we lost, this would happen...I didn't want all this unrest for our team...all the fighting and calling for the team to fire people....and sure enough, it did happen...

Now I honestly don't know what to think....was it the Dline? How can I be sure every game won't be this way?...people are even shatting on Free now...I don't want him to regress...last season was one of the most exciting things I've ever witnessed. As a disabled guy, this team inspires me never to give up, as stupid as it sounds...but I did a lot of worrying over this game because I could sense the vibe losing would give us and now, despite all my optimism, we still lost...I know it's one game, but damn it...I want us to take the next step...I want this team to make Florida proud...Yet no matter how they try, we just can't ascend yet...I'm hopeful we will but right now, I'm a bit scared for us...Maybe it's just reactionary but, I have this feeling of doubt now...How can we get better? WAS it the D? or were they just tired?...so many questions...

I had all the faith in the world in us...I just dunno what to think right now and I hate seeing everyone down...I'd rather see us excited, but I know we're all just upset...it sucks reading all these posts blaming the FO we all trusted just weeks ago.and all the negative feelings...it just feels sad to me...I hope it's all just us worrying too much...but I feel dissapointed, like all the excitement has been sucked from the forums.  :(

Don't think I'm being childish...I love this team, I do--it's just...we dedicated this to Lee Roy...I feel gutted, and a bit down and unsure what we can do from here.... :-\
: September 11, 2011, 06:49:24 PM Beatles123

This space for rent....*sigh* I trusted you coach.

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#1 : September 11, 2011, 06:44:31 PM

dont let the other posters bring you down. It was week one. I know its no excuse. The team has some work to do. A lot of work to do. Thats what the rest of the seasons played for. Im not comparing the two teams but many teams can lose week one and go do good things. Our super bowl team lost to the Saints week one and we won the super bowl. First week is what it is. Theres still many games to be played. 

traew01

Pro Bowler

#2 : September 11, 2011, 06:50:19 PM

dont let the other posters bring you down. It was week one. I know its no excuse. The team has some work to do. A lot of work to do. Thats what the rest of the seasons played for. Im not comparing the two teams but many teams can lose week one and go do good things. Our super bowl team lost to the Saints week one and we won the super bowl. First week is what it is. Theres still many games to be played.

I agree with this.

Bucs have a ton of work to do. But it can get better. Not just this year but in the future. But the coaches need to make some changes in their approach, the front office needs to make changes in their approach, and the owners need to invest the proper amount of money in both restructured deals as well as bringing in more veterans to improve weaknesses.

And fans like yourself need to hold them accountable...and not just blindly follow them. You need to support your team in a more critical fashion. Because otherwise they will accept mediocrity.

nubcake

Hall of Famer

#3 : September 11, 2011, 06:52:35 PM

Calm down bro. They played like crap and still came within 7, and it's possible the entire division will be 0-1.

jobuc597

Second String

#4 : September 11, 2011, 06:55:46 PM

Beatles...I pretty much feel alot like you do...But if you look at the Saints and Falcons....they are both supposed to be the superbowl contenders this year...and we are in a three way tie with them..

traew01

Pro Bowler

#5 : September 11, 2011, 06:56:05 PM

Calm down bro. They played like crap and still came within 7, and it's possible the entire division will be 0-1.
[/quote

Nah, not gonna calm down. I am pretty passionate about this team. I invest a lot of time and interest in following the team.

I thought today's performance was awful. And I am gonna speak my mind about it. But thanks anyway.

Beatles123

Hall of Famer

#6 : September 11, 2011, 06:57:26 PM

It would suck to have all the positiveness this team has taken away...I REALLY hope today was just a setback and we can get better...I don't WANT to critique this team--I love this FO...I just hope Rah and Dom will pull through like last year, but....after today, My optimism is a bit shaken...I want to love our new D...I hope they bounce back. :(

Illibuc

Second String

#7 : September 11, 2011, 07:01:32 PM

Come on Beatles.....I personally count on YOU for the optimism around here bud. This loss really pissed me off today too but it is week 1. Our O has to find a way to stay on the field longer and get points early.  Our D has to be able to stop 3rd down conversions. It seemed like Detroit was converting them at will today. Anyone who thought this game wasn't going to be a **CENSORED**, doesn't pay attention to the NFL. Hopefully next week at this time the board will be filled with a more positive vibe.

Borat!

Starter

#8 : September 11, 2011, 07:03:42 PM

It could be worse, Rex Grossman of all people has put up over 300 yrds on the Giants.

\\\\\\\"...even if we win the SB not getting a few FAS with so many available was being pig headed and fanatical.\\\\\\\" - 4bucs

Beatles123

Hall of Famer

#9 : September 11, 2011, 07:39:51 PM

Come on Beatles.....I personally count on YOU for the optimism around here bud. This loss really pissed me off today too but it is week 1. Our O has to find a way to stay on the field longer and get points early.  Our D has to be able to stop 3rd down conversions. It seemed like Detroit was converting them at will today. Anyone who thought this game wasn't going to be a **CENSORED**, doesn't pay attention to the NFL. Hopefully next week at this time the board will be filled with a more positive vibe.
You do?...Man... I'm serious here.That means a lot. All I've wanted around here was the respect of my fellow fans so that I may be accepted "Into the herd" when I can attend games someday. I want to HELP this team's fan base any way I can....It's silly, but this franchise is more than just a football team to me.

jaxbroderickbucs

Practice Squad

#10 : September 11, 2011, 07:40:15 PM

happy to see a a thread that isnt terrible and so negative, we played bad! freeman was very rusty. he took that shot.... went to the locker room and  seemed like a different QB, the real funny thing is we were in this game with how bad we were.

the season has started but the NFC south went 0-4 the one bad thing is we lost at home and the others played on the road.

cheers to a fresh start, it seemed like we were coming together in the 4th quarter, that 4th and 1 we didnt convert was bad play calling in my opinion, we got stuffed on the run all day and try that, at least play action, winslow was played "well" get him the ball he and williams are our play makers, get blount the ball early and let him get momentum.

i still feel this team is a playoff team..

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#11 : September 11, 2011, 07:42:56 PM

Cheer up Beet....its just a game.  And one game at that,  they could still go 15-1.

Buc UP 593

Rookie

#12 : September 11, 2011, 07:44:26 PM

Yes this loss hurts we looked very very bad but cmon guys it's week freaking 1. How do you think the steelers feel about getting **CENSORED** slapped by their division rival? The falcons? They looked god awful .... We are FANS of this team let's try and move on from this and let's make sure we get the vikes game next week. We would be 1-1 and have a huge home game against the falcons and need to have a little more support then we did today. (let's go lions chants?seriously?)

Im hurt by this loss just like all of you let's just take deep breaths and get to next week... Plus we are tied for 1st :D.  PS no more god damn draw plays on 4th and 1 are qb is 6'6 250

TheChronicHotAir

Hall of Famer

#13 : September 11, 2011, 07:48:16 PM

i still feel this team is a playoff team..

Me too!!
We have NO SPEED at running back, little speed/separation at WR, an overpaid homer O-line, and we can't tackle.

Besides those minor issues, we're in great shape!!

crown us

jerseybucsfan

Hall of Famer
#14 : September 11, 2011, 07:49:07 PM

I'm sorry, Beatles. I never want to bring anyone down. Even after I predicted a bad season, I quietly hoped they'd rise up today and in the end they came very close. It was a bad game and obviously we don't know everything there is to know about a team from one game.
The hope? Maybe they'll play better next week. And win and we're right back in business. So hang in there.

In Verner We Trust
Page: 1 2 3 ... 8
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: I'll be honest...I've never felt so awful. « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools