Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: not concerned? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

xBuCsX_4_XeVax

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Pro Bowler

: September 12, 2011, 11:47:41 AM

lmfao where are those morons who said they weren't concerned with Freeman missing open throws in the preseason and/or with Blounts lack of production...now before everyone starts to get rowdy I'm not burying our players i just think we should a little concerned..

Borat!

Starter

#1 : September 12, 2011, 11:50:37 AM

Im still not concerned. Im more concerned with Olsen's play calling that Freeman or Blount. Hard for Blount to get going if he only has 5 touches.....

\\\\\\\"...even if we win the SB not getting a few FAS with so many available was being pig headed and fanatical.\\\\\\\" - 4bucs

BucsFTW

Hall of Famer

#2 : September 12, 2011, 11:54:44 AM

Im still not concerned. Im more concerned with Olsen's play calling that Freeman or Blount. Hard for Blount to get going if he only has 5 touches.....

+1

xBuCsX_4_XeVax

Pro Bowler

#3 : September 12, 2011, 11:55:32 AM

i understand why Olsen's the scapegoat..no1 wants to point the finger at Freedog i didnt hear any1 complain about Olsen last year when we won 10 games and he called the same plays

acacius

Hall of Famer

#4 : September 12, 2011, 11:57:28 AM

There are things I'm concerned about.  Freeman (your Freedog nickname is still stupid) and Blount are not really on the list though.

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#5 : September 12, 2011, 11:59:03 AM

Im still not concerned.

me either.  blounts 2nd carry was 5 yards.  3rd carry 4 yards.  4th carry 4 yards. 

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

BucNY

Hall of Famer

#6 : September 12, 2011, 12:01:30 PM

lmfao where are those morons who said they weren't concerned with Freeman missing open throws in the preseason and/or with Blounts lack of production...now before everyone starts to get rowdy I'm not burying our players i just think we should a little concerned..

This is not a league where you can turn it on and off, you just can't. I was concerned about Freeman and our lack of run game. Our whole offense came out in huge funk, Freeman seemed to shake it off towards the end of the game but our run game needs to be a lot better, no questions asked.

\\\\\\\"This forum needs a poster like BucNY now more than ever\\\\\\\"
      - Everyone

DailyRich

Pro Bowler

#7 : September 12, 2011, 12:09:20 PM

i understand why Olsen's the scapegoat..no1 wants to point the finger at Freedog i didnt hear any1 complain about Olsen last year when we won 10 games and he called the same plays

But we were concerned by how slowly the offense started games last season.  Which we saw again yesterday.  Last year we were just charmed and pulled out games like yesterday's.

I wonder if part of the problem is Olsen trying to make Freeman into the QB Olsen wants him to be instead of a better version of the QB he is.  It almost seems like Olsen grudgingly goes into the no-huddle when he has no other choice.

1Va bucsfan

Hall of Famer
#8 : September 12, 2011, 12:14:15 PM

There were lots of complaints last year about his play calling(specially all the 3rd and 1 shotgun passes). He was Detroit's best defender yesterday easily. Speaking of those same plays its sad when a player the caliber of Chris Houston says he knew what routes were coming because we did the samethin last year.

\\\"The guy who invented the first wheel was an idiot, the guy who invented the other three, he was a genius

xBuCsX_4_XeVax

Pro Bowler

#9 : September 12, 2011, 12:36:50 PM

bro..the every play someone is running down the field but Free wants to stay conservative on every throw...thats not Olsens fault...let me get this clear i dont like Olsen but its not entirely all his fault

gillen033

Starter

#10 : September 12, 2011, 01:02:47 PM

How many throws did Freeman miss? let's take a look at the first half, the half where everyone says Freeman was terrible.

Drive 1
1st quarter:
8:06, 2nd & 10 at their 21. Dump off to Winslow for a completion.

Drive 2
:52, 1st & 10 at our 20. Perfectly thrown ball to Mike Williams, there's just tight coverage and Mike can't come down with the ball. Same exact play later in the game (with the same exact throw) but Mike caught it.
:04, 3rd & 10 at our 20. Check down to Graham out of the backfield completed but he can't make it to the first down.

Drive 3
2nd Quarter:
12:05, 2nd and 9 on our own 13, perfect pass to Mike Williams for 18 yards.
11:05, 2nd and 5 on our own 36, quick pass out to Benn, slightly off but still catchable (though he probably loses two yards if he does catch it). As noted, dropped.
11:01, 3rd and 5 on our own 36, perfect pass to Preston Parker for 18 yards.
10:34, 1st and 10 on their 46, play action pass to Benn that's intercepted. I think he 1) took too long to throw the ball and 2) under threw. First bad pass of the day.

Drive 4
6:01, 3rd & 2, Freeman throws off his back foot because a defender is bearing down on him and doesn't get the ball out in front of Winslow enough and the defender is able to come in and knock the ball down. Tough throw to make, but it was hardly a case of missing an open throw.

Drive 5
1:16, 1st & 10 at our own 20, pass completed to Mike Williams for 14 yards.
1:10, 1st & 10 at our own 33 1/2, checkdown complete to Graham for 10 yards. (The TV got this next set of plays wrong, we picked up a 1st down on this play but they thought we only got 9, so the next play was a 1st down play but the TV people had it as a 2nd and 1)
0:44, st & 10 at our own 43, pass complete to Graham for 3 yards.
0:36, 2nd & 7 at our own 46, pass complete to Parker for 9 yards.
0:31, 1st & 10 at their 45, amazing throw to Kellen Winslow for 12 yards.
0:14, 1st & 10 at their 34, spiked the ball to kill the clock.
0:14, 1st & 10 at their 34, pass to Winnslow complete for 8 yards.
0:09, 1st & 10 at their 13 (after the penalty), pass to Williams in the end zone would have been caught if not for pass interference on the defense (terrible non call, don't know that we would have went for it if they did call it though).

So let's review. 10 for 16, but let's take off one of those incompletions since it was a spike. That leaves us with 10 for 15. Not too shabby. Now let's look at your claim of missing wide open targets.

2 incompletions to Mike and 1 to Benn were catchable balls. The first to mike was tight coverage by the defender (though I think he could have had it), the 2nd was the pass interference in the end zone The pass to Benn should have been caught. That leaves us with 2 incompletions. The one where Free had a defender bearing down on him and just barely didn't get the ball out in front of Winslow, and the interception where he just barely under threw Benn. Not good balls, sure. But did he "miss open throws?" No

And in the second half he seemed to be even better, though I'll have to go back and watch the tape. Maybe I'll break down every single play where he threw the ball later.

The point is, you are completely talking out your ass, with no factual evidence to backup your claim. So who's the moron?

Tiger Team

Rookie

#11 : September 12, 2011, 01:13:08 PM

not concerned? this is the same nonsense i heard when we went 3-13 until game 5 or 6. this team looks like USF could beat them.

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#12 : September 12, 2011, 01:14:07 PM

Im not concerned. Its the youngest team in the league and it hasnt even gotten close to its potential yet. More experience will help them get there. Also they will be forced to see how bad our Oline is so they will be forced to fix it next offseason. The best days for this team are still ahead. Its not like its do or die for this team right now as many are acting like it is. I guess that makes it more fun.

DailyRich

Pro Bowler

#13 : September 12, 2011, 01:15:00 PM

And the INT was likely due to Freeman thinking he had a free play due to the flag that was thrown.

xBuCsX_4_XeVax

Pro Bowler

#14 : September 12, 2011, 01:21:21 PM

Gillen WTF! are you talking about...the game always looks a lot better on paper...when you watch the ****ing game then you get an idea on how bad we looked bro. c'mon stop trying to justify how bad and out of sink we are...Freeman completed a bunch of passes late because the lions played soft coverage...again i love our team but lets not keep crowing em when they havent done absolutely shnit!!!get real son
Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: not concerned? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools