Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: not concerned? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

bucinsouthFL

Starter

#15 : September 12, 2011, 01:23:27 PM

Unless there is a freak injury...guys just dont all of a sudden loose their talent. Olsen is just a terrible play caller.

gillen033

Starter

#16 : September 12, 2011, 01:26:12 PM

The OP specifically pointed out not being concerned about Free missing open throws.

In regards to the entire team? Yea, I'm slightly concerned. I have trouble believing these slow starts will get magically fixed.

And Tiger, come on, do you seriously believe that? If so, you're an idiot.

BucD

Hall of Famer

#17 : September 12, 2011, 01:26:16 PM

I'm more concerned that Raheem and Olsen are holding Freeman and co. back.  Freeman in his post game PC said it himself that the offense was able to dictate the pace of the game and felt really comfortable in the 2-minute/no-huddle.  Mean while...in Raheem's post game PC and today's PC, he said basically that the 2-minute/no-huddle isn't what this team is...that it's a team with a big bruiser at RB.  Blount not being able/not ready to contribute in the 2-minute/no-huddle is why they refuse to start doing what the "franchise QB" and the rest of the offense are successful and feel comfortable doing.  Why not do what is WORKING until, at the very least, what they want to do on offense starts executing better and playing faster?

Great logic there, Raheem.  Let's hold the offense and the rest of the team's success back so we can try to get better doing what they have been terrible at doing/slow as hell getting started.  Makes sense.  Not on board with the way Raheem and Olsen are doing things offensively.  Freeman and the rest of the offense is being held back which in turn will cost us games and cause Freeman and the team to regress significantly.  Stubborn.

I have been on board with pretty much everything else, but this plan I cannot.  It's gone back to last year...they just cannot start it off quick enough to do what they want offensively.  DO WHAT WORKS!  What this team is successful/has been successful at.  Again...stubborn and it is driving me crazy.

gillen033

Starter

#18 : September 12, 2011, 01:31:01 PM

Gillen WTF! are you talking about...the game always looks a lot better on paper...when you watch the ****ing game then you get an idea on how bad we looked bro. c'mon stop trying to justify how bad and out of sink we are...Freeman completed a bunch of passes late because the lions played soft coverage...again i love our team but lets not keep crowing em when they havent done absolutely shnit!!!get real son

I just sat here and watched every single offensive first half play on nfl.com replay. THAT is how I came up with that play by play, not by looking at a stat sheet. And you are completely missing my point. I didn't make a single comment about how bad our team looked (though to just completely discount the better play late in the game is just stupid). You specifically made reference to Freeman missing open throws, so I looked at every throw in the first half and corrected you. Take it like a man. Freeman played better than people realize.

bucs449

Hall of Famer

#19 : September 12, 2011, 01:33:24 PM

Im still not concerned. Im more concerned with Olsen's play calling that Freeman or Blount. Hard for Blount to get going if he only has 5 touches.....

i understand why Olsen's the scapegoat..no1 wants to point the finger at Freedog i didnt hear any1 complain about Olsen last year when we won 10 games and he called the same plays
This is the point. Olsen is extremely uncreative. Somebody posted this on another thread.

From reporter Pete Prisco:

Chris Houston told me they knew what Tampa Bay routes were coming, same as last year. Not good endorsement for play-calling.

This scares the **CENSORED** out of me

xBuCsX_4_XeVax

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Pro Bowler

#20 : September 12, 2011, 01:34:08 PM

honestly when we ran the no-huddle O.. we looked pretty good maybe Freeman is on to something with his comments ..mind you the lions did play soft coverage...i would like to see the no-huddle against a regular D in the first Quarter

gillen033

Starter

#21 : September 12, 2011, 01:37:35 PM

This is the point. Olsen is extremely uncreative. Somebody posted this on another thread.

Chris Houston told me they knew what Tampa Bay routes were coming, same as last year. Not good endorsement for play-calling.

Seriously? Wow, that is scary.
: September 12, 2011, 01:40:34 PM gillen033

xBuCsX_4_XeVax

Pro Bowler

#22 : September 12, 2011, 01:40:07 PM

Gillen WTF! are you talking about...the game always looks a lot better on paper...when you watch the ****ing game then you get an idea on how bad we looked bro. c'mon stop trying to justify how bad and out of sink we are...Freeman completed a bunch of passes late because the lions played soft coverage...again i love our team but lets not keep crowing em when they havent done absolutely shnit!!!get real son

I just sat here and watched every single offensive first half play on nfl.com replay. THAT is how I came up with that play by play, not by looking at a stat sheet. And you are completely missing my point. I didn't make a single comment about how bad our team looked (though to just completely discount the better play late in the game is just stupid). You specifically made reference to Freeman missing open throws, so I looked at every throw in the first half and corrected you. Take it like a man. Freeman played better than people realize.

if you read my opennig post.. i said when he missed open throws in the PRESEASON...with that said he still didn't look all that good yesterday..you're missing my point brah..im not freaking out and burying them..im just concerned because every1 thinks we're going to be alright if we keep doing what we're doing..its not gonna happen

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#23 : September 12, 2011, 01:48:10 PM

are some of your saying that you want the no huddle as our base offense?

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

gillen033

Starter

#24 : September 12, 2011, 01:48:19 PM

lmfao where are those morons who said they weren't concerned with Freeman missing open throws in the preseason and/or with Blounts lack of production...now before everyone starts to get rowdy I'm not burying our players i just think we should a little concerned..

That statement completely implies that "those morons" were wrong to not be concerned with Freeman missing open throws. If that wasn't what you meant, than okay, I can live with that. But I hope you see how that's what you implied.

But even if we put aside the whole missing open throws things, I still disagree with you that Freeman looked bad. At times early he did look uncomfortable in the pocket, but he only made two bad throws (and as someone else pointed out, the interception might not have been one, though I think it was), in the first half. I'll watch the second half later, but the Freeman hate on this board seems to be directed to his first half performance, so that's what I looked at first. The fact is ALL quarterbacks make bad throws. And it wasn't the case where he missed them completely . . . they were just a bit off.

If what bucs449 says is true than you have to give the offense a pass on the terrible start. The players, that is. It's hard to be effective when the other team knows exactly what you're going to do.

xBuCsX_4_XeVax

Pro Bowler

#25 : September 12, 2011, 01:52:54 PM

no im saying that maybe we should a more fast paste  offense...who the HELL runs no-huddle as their base offense? ummm how bout NO1

MUSCLE_HAMSTER

Hall of Famer
#26 : September 12, 2011, 01:52:55 PM

Im still not concerned.

me either.  blounts 2nd carry was 5 yards.  3rd carry 4 yards.  4th carry 4 yards.
Im not concerned about our players, I'm concerned about giving our players the opportunity to make plays

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#27 : September 12, 2011, 01:56:10 PM

Yes.

Three WR set, single back, two tight end single back, or shotgun four WR split wide, etc.  No huddle offense was the staple of the Jim Kelly Buffalo Bills, and given how many passers in the first week passed for over 250+ passing yards the No huddle makes sense.

xBuCsX_4_XeVax

Pro Bowler

#28 : September 12, 2011, 01:58:05 PM

Im still not concerned. Im more concerned with Olsen's play calling that Freeman or Blount. Hard for Blount to get going if he only has 5 touches.....

i understand why Olsen's the scapegoat..no1 wants to point the finger at Freedog i didnt hear any1 complain about Olsen last year when we won 10 games and he called the same plays

ma man i think 95% of the plays run the same routes...all the basics..streak,hitch,slant,in,out..etc.  so dont be alarmed but if some how the D knows whats coming at them then that's a problem..again Olsen calls the plays and Freeman has to execute..on that Houston pick had he led em 2 more yards that would of been a TD...some you cant balme Olsen for that under throw

Borat!

Starter

#29 : September 12, 2011, 01:59:01 PM

Ive always been a little skeptical of Olsen. The one game that really stood out to me was the Seattle game last year because he called an excellent game. Other than that hes been mediocre and takes too long to adapt (slow starts). You can tell he is from the Gruden tree because of the clunky dink and dunk offense we seem to start the games with. Freeman isnt the problem, because when he was allowed to open it up he did well, its Olsen.

\\\\\\\"...even if we win the SB not getting a few FAS with so many available was being pig headed and fanatical.\\\\\\\" - 4bucs
Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: not concerned? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools